Goths

-Emperor (Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise for the most clean vocals) - sucks
-Borknager- couldnt find
-Vintersorg- pretty good but not dm
-Ensiferum- couldnt find
-Dimmu Borgir (they suck, but ICS Vortex can sing pretty well)- suck
-Into Eternity- couldnt find
-Orphaned Land- couldnt find
-Arcturus- decent vocals
-My Dying Bride- couldnt find
-Nevermore (They had some Death Metal sound vocals on their new album)?
-Turisas?
-Ulver?

If you want some Death Metal that doesn't sound like "noise" I'd suggest the following:

-In Flames (Lunar Strain album)- already heard good band
-Nightrage ?
-At the Gates ?
-Death (Late) ?
-Hypocrisy ?
-The Crown- good instrumrentals terrible vocals

blakscorpion21 said:
actuaklly i am 18, i dont talk about slipknot that much but i hate people disliking them cause they are mainstream thats all. soem death metal is ok as long as the vocals are not grunting cow sounds, i dont want to hear that shit. like the dimmu borgir song progencies of the apacolypse or whatever, i really get into the song(love the orchestra music) but when that no talent hack vocalist opens his mouth i just get turned away. it just plain sucks. and other death metal like cannibal corpse is absolute crap, vocals and instrumentals. meand my friend make fun of them because they suck so bad, lyrically as well. point me to some "good" death metal( if there is such a thing) and maybe i will change my mind.

Dimmu Borgir are death metal now?

blakscorpion21 said:
-Emperor (Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise for the most clean vocals) - sucks
-Borknager- couldnt find
-Ensiferum- couldnt find
-Arcturus- decent vocals
-Turisas?
-Ulver?

If you want some Death Metal that doesn't sound like "noise" I'd suggest the following:

-Nightrage ?
-At the Gates ?
-Death (Late) ?
-Hypocrisy ?

My purpose in posting the top bands was to prove to you that there are many singers in bands with Death/Black Metal vocals that can "sing" far better then Corey Taylor. The bottom bands were actual reccomendations.

I also don't see how you can listen to bands like Lamb of God, etc. and not like Death or Black Metal vocals as they are relatively similar (to a point).

blakscorpion21 said:
-Borknager- couldnt find
-Ensiferum- couldnt find
-Arcturus- decent vocals
-Turisas?
-Ulver?

-Nightrage ?
-At the Gates ?
-Death (Late) ?
-Hypocrisy ?

From the amount of ? and "couldn't find's" that you put in there it seems apparent that you actually haven't spent a lot of time listening to any decent music (death, black or otherwise). It is very difficult to gain any sort of appreciation for music you have never heard, so my recommendation would be take the time to listen to some of it and then come back and tell us all about it... until then your postings are pointless, except perhaps for providing me a laugh at your expense.

ProjectedBlack said:
My purpose in posting the top bands was to prove to you that there are many singers in bands with Death/Black Metal vocals that can "sing" far better then Corey Taylor. The bottom bands were actual reccomendations.

I also don't see how you can listen to bands like Lamb of God, etc. and not like Death or Black Metal vocals as they are relatively similar (to a point).

well there is only a certain screaming rane in which i can stand. log falls in that range.

like this from high to low
basically all dm
lamb of god
all that remains
trivium
dimmu borgir

the middle 3 i can all stand bc they range from medium-low to medium-high, the other two are too high or too low.

Shiny McShining Rodriguez said:
From the amount of ? and "couldn't find's" that you put in there it seems apparent that you actually haven't spent a lot of time listening to any decent music (death, black or otherwise). It is very difficult to gain any sort of appreciation for music you have never heard, so my recommendation would be take the time to listen to some of it and then come back and tell us all about it... until then your postings are pointless, except perhaps for providing me a laugh at your expense.

the ? means napster doesnt have them. i do like in flames and the instrumentals in crown, not the vocals. i dont feel like searching hard for something i prolly wont like. morbid angel gets alot of praise from you guys and i can not stand them. and ur laughs are not at my expense. trust i am neither offended or hurt by any of your comments. i will post my opinion and you will post yours.