Goths

Slipknot might be ghey, but Mick Thomson has it in him to be one of the best guitarists around. The fact he's in a homo band, who won't let him shred like a bastard is, I suppose, his fault and he deserves everything he gets (critically).

Stormwatch said:
Slipknot might be ghey, but Mick Thomson has it in him to be one of the best guitarists around. The fact he's in a homo band, who won't let him shred like a bastard is, I suppose, his fault and he deserves everything he gets (critically).

I still have yet to see Mick Thomson do anything impressive. I respect Slipknot but "metal without solos=shit"

blakscorpion21 said:
if i were a castrated farie i could shreik like those dm fags but fortunatley i have testicles and can not sing that high. and anyone can sit ther and grunt lyrics, its not hard. why even write lyrics if all you hear is gruuuuhhhggrruuhh.
because if the lyrics were understandable people would realize how stupid they are. corey taylor can sing, something none of theese dm people can do. its easy to keep up endurance when all you spew is incoherrent babble. i have yet to hear dm with any kind of rythym or melody, just noise.

A person with a Bleeding Through avatar has no room to talk about what is
good or bad in the world of metal. Bleeding Through=Film Actors Guild Society
Death Metal and Black Metal owns your fashioncore/emo glam fag ass.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I still have yet to see Mick Thomson do anything impressive. I respect Slipknot but "metal without solos=shit"

You're totally correct. I heard him on some guitar magazine cd, doing his warm ups and stuff and he can play some serious solos. But Scott Burns wouldn't let him do any on their album, so - hey, what you gonna do when you're in a band and some guy says you can't do what you want to do? :tickled:
It's totally fucking lame, but the guy DOES have talent, if he'd just use it. But then, why should he, he's making a pile of cash playing easy shit.

Stormwatch said:

yeah he is badass. he needs to join a death band or something. but i guess no one would ever hear of him again.

blakscorpion21 said:
if i were a castrated farie i could shreik like those dm fags but fortunatley i have testicles and can not sing that high. and anyone can sit ther and grunt lyrics, its not hard. why even write lyrics if all you hear is gruuuuhhhggrruuhh.
because if the lyrics were understandable people would realize how stupid they are. corey taylor can sing, something none of theese dm people can do. its easy to keep up endurance when all you spew is incoherrent babble. i have yet to hear dm with any kind of rythym or melody, just noise.

I'm biting because I'm bored and have nothing better to do tonight then sit at the computer and argue with a person who has bad musical tastes on an internet forum:

Black Metal vocals arn't "high" at least most that I've heard arn't, I don't know who you're using for your referance point. Also, "grunting" lyrics is a little bit harder then you think. Try growling coherently for an hour then let me know how "easy" it is. If you think you have it in you get a computer microphone and record something for us. Also, has it occured to you that some of us can understand what the person is saying? I can understand many of the Death Metal bands I listen to. Oh, and just for clarification, Cannibal Corpse does have shitty and uninspired lyrics, not a good example of "intelligence" in Death Metal.

As far as Corey Taylor, from what I've heard, even with their large studio budget, he cannot sing very well, his voice is very flat. It doesn't take that much experience or "training" to sing good enough for many popular rock bands out today. The only Death Metal type band I can think of with singing is Opeth off the top of my head. Not real Death Metal but Mikael Arkefelt can sing far better then Corey Taylor and does some pretty mean sounding growls as well.

Some other bands with Death/Black Metal vocals (not neccasarily Death or Black Metal) where the singers or other vocalists in the band would kick the shit out of Corey Taylor with their clean vocals:

-Emperor (Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise for the most clean vocals)
-Borknager
-Vintersorg
-Ensiferum
-Dimmu Borgir (they suck, but ICS Vortex can sing pretty well)
-Into Eternity
-Orphaned Land
-Arcturus
-My Dying Bride
-Nevermore (They had some Death Metal sound vocals on their new album)
-Turisas
-Ulver

If you want some Death Metal that doesn't sound like "noise" I'd suggest the following:

-In Flames (Lunar Strain album)
-Nightrage
-At the Gates
-Death (Late)
-Hypocrisy
-The Crown

After that go listen to Morbid Angel and tell me the guys in Slipknot are superior musicians.

Stormwatch said:
You're totally correct. I heard him on some guitar magazine cd, doing his warm ups and stuff and he can play some serious solos. But Scott Burns wouldn't let him do any on their album, so - hey, what you gonna do when you're in a band and some guy says you can't do what you want to do? :tickled:
It's totally fucking lame, but the guy DOES have talent, if he'd just use it. But then, why should he, he's making a pile of cash playing easy shit.

While I'm not sure if it's true I've heard even the members in Slipknot don't make a terrible amount of money. I don't see why they wouldn't be though, Ozzfest pays good money to have bands included.

ProjectedBlack said:
While I'm not sure if it's true I've heard even the members in Slipknot don't make a terrible amount of money. I don't see why they wouldn't be though, Ozzfest pays good money to have bands included.

Umm... Corey Taylor owns a home in Des Moines, Iowa (where Slipknot is based) that is valued around $1 million. I'd say the guys in Slipknot are affluent.

ProjectedBlack said:
I'm biting because I'm bored and have nothing better to do tonight then sit at the computer and argue with a person who has bad musical tastes on an internet forum:

Black Metal vocals arn't "high" at least most that I've heard arn't, I don't know who you're using for your referance point. Also, "grunting" lyrics is a little bit harder then you think. Try growling coherently for an hour then let me know how "easy" it is. If you think you have it in you get a computer microphone and record something for us. Also, has it occured to you that some of us can understand what the person is saying? I can understand many of the Death Metal bands I listen to. Oh, and just for clarification, Cannibal Corpse does have shitty and uninspired lyrics, not a good example of "intelligence" in Death Metal.

As far as Corey Taylor, from what I've heard, even with their large studio budget, he cannot sing very well, his voice is very flat. It doesn't take that much experience or "training" to sing good enough for many popular rock bands out today. The only Death Metal type band I can think of with singing is Opeth off the top of my head. Not real Death Metal but Mikael Arkefelt can sing far better then Corey Taylor and does some pretty mean sounding growls as well.

Some other bands with Death/Black Metal vocals (not neccasarily Death or Black Metal) where the singers or other vocalists in the band would kick the shit out of Corey Taylor with their clean vocals:

-Emperor (Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise for the most clean vocals)
-Borknager
-Vintersorg
-Ensiferum
-Dimmu Borgir (they suck, but ICS Vortex can sing pretty well)
-Into Eternity
-Orphaned Land
-Arcturus
-My Dying Bride
-Nevermore (They had some Death Metal sound vocals on their new album)
-Turisas
-Ulver

If you want some Death Metal that doesn't sound like "noise" I'd suggest the following:

-In Flames (Lunar Strain album)
-Nightrage
-At the Gates
-Death (Late)
-Hypocrisy
-The Crown

After that go listen to Morbid Angel and tell me the guys in Slipknot are superior musicians.

The funny thing is that Corey Taylor sounds decent on the recordings but he's absolutely awful singing live.

Regarding Slipknot. I think it's hilarious a bunch of grown men are told what they can do in a studio when making music. That's probably why majority of the bands fan base are 12 year old kids.

Anyone notice that nu-metal bands are a lot older than majority of their fans. It's almost like a form of musical pedophilia.

The funny thing is that Corey Taylor sounds decent on the recordings but he's absolutely awful singing live.

No, he doesn't. I suppose if you get your rocks off to that hardcore whine/screaming you might think that.

blakscorpion21 said:
actuaklly i am 18, i dont talk about slipknot that much but i hate people disliking them cause they are mainstream thats all. soem death metal is ok as long as the vocals are not grunting cow sounds, i dont want to hear that shit. like the dimmu borgir song progencies of the apacolypse or whatever, i really get into the song(love the orchestra music) but when that no talent hack vocalist opens his mouth i just get turned away. it just plain sucks. and other death metal like cannibal corpse is absolute crap, vocals and instrumentals. meand my friend make fun of them because they suck so bad, lyrically as well. point me to some "good" death metal( if there is such a thing) and maybe i will change my mind.

Your a bleeding through fan, no one cares what you think...

The Greys said:
Regarding Slipknot. I think it's hilarious a bunch of grown men are told what they can do in a studio when making music. That's probably why majority of the bands fan base are 12 year old kids.

Anyone notice that nu-metal bands are a lot older than majority of their fans. It's almost like a form of musical pedophilia.

lol theyre all like 40

blakscorpion21 said:
actuaklly i am 18, i dont talk about slipknot that much but i hate people disliking them cause they are mainstream thats all. soem death metal is ok as long as the vocals are not grunting cow sounds, i dont want to hear that shit. like the dimmu borgir song progencies of the apacolypse or whatever, i really get into the song(love the orchestra music) but when that no talent hack vocalist opens his mouth i just get turned away. it just plain sucks. and other death metal like cannibal corpse is absolute crap, vocals and instrumentals. meand my friend make fun of them because they suck so bad, lyrically as well. point me to some "good" death metal( if there is such a thing) and maybe i will change my mind.

So tell me blakscorpion21 what kind of metal do you like?

So tell me blakscorpion21 what kind of metal do you like?

the good kind:D

i guess you could call it metalcore, lamb of god , blleeding through, killswitch engage, trivium, all that remains.

as well as slayer and metallica and pantera

and some hard rock like disturbed, godsmack, korn

KMADD said:
A person with a Bleeding Through avatar has no room to talk about what is
good or bad in the world of metal. Bleeding Through=Film Actors Guild Society
Death Metal and Black Metal owns your fashioncore/emo glam fag ass.

whatever bleeding through owns all that black metal shit. what the fuck is wrong withn them? is it becasue their more poular? cause they have rythym? a girl in the band? please clarify why they suck.