Goths

I laugh when people call Slipknot and Korn "goth".. they think makeup, black clothes, and Slipknot make them goth. Ask them about Bauhaus, Sixoue and the Banshees, Skinny Puppy, etc.. white frilly shirts, purple velvet suits, etc.. tisk tisk.. see, there type of "goth" is what's known as the "Hot Topic Goth"..

Lyle said:
what i've noticed about goths is:

a) retention of the dual person. wtf, this is bullshit
b) single conjugation for formation of the passive. this is bullshit too no one does this.
c) reduplication of certain strong verds, do you have any idea how stuid you sound when you say sleslepijan, well i do, and you sound like a stuttering faggot, that's what.

go fuck yourself wulfia
Best post ever.

Niklas said:
the mere fact that the word Goth has ever been assosiated with the skinny fuckers in black clothing fucks me off, goth is just another word for pissy little teen angst fucker..

OR rich little white kid who thinks they've had such a horrilbe life simply because some shitty pop band with a million bed-wetting buttfucks as fans (like My Chemical Romance) tells them that life is crap. Funny how alot of those bands say they have horrible lives, yet have thousands of 15 year old fat emo girls with braces throwing themselves at them, while they make more money than they know what to do with. Free pussy and alot of money, sounds like real pain. {Insert sarcasm here}

Goth is NOT another word for pissy little teen angst fucker, its appears some have chosen to associate that word with people in black who perhaps mistakenly identify themselves as Goth.

To classify a band like My Chemical Romance or Korn etc as Goth is just ludicrious. Its been mentioned here on past pages (and frequently) what "actual" goth music and dress is about. A rebellious kid in black lipstick and black clothes does not maketh a goth. Neither does a studded gauntlet make one metal...

I dislike a few styles of music but life and music is about things that influence our minds in a variety of ways. Many metal artists are influenced by other styles of music, not soley metal - I have no qualm with that unless they start doing a rap in metal song or something.

My Chemical Romance is pretty emo.
KoRn is nu-metal....I would bunch everyone who mixe them into Gothic, what a retard?
Hmm rap in metal songs is good...

You think you are a vampire and you will bite the neck to drink blood.but i think you are a pussy filled with shit.i will stab you with a wooden spoon.

The Bringer said:
Gothic is a way of life, not some phase to scare off your parents.

Thats the most simple way to put it.

:lol:

i'm so glad i searched for the rest of your posts

Back on topic.

I think goth is mostly dead nowadays. What we often see on the streets is a bunch of kids that are trying to shock in a certain way. Why do you think there is a lot of them on Hot Topic for example?? Because that is the kind of store that sells what is on MTV and so. There is where the trend lies. I'm not saying that other stores don't sell trendy music and that is even bad if you like some mainstream bands, the whole point is that these kids ONLY listen to what is trendy. That's why they think Korn is goth, that's why they think Slipknot is death metal, because they don't know shit about music. Even though those bands are crappy I don't think they ever intended to be listened by stupid 13 year old "goth" wannabee fags. I don't even know why they appeal that kind of people, since their music is or at least was at some point, agressive.

Goth is (was) a dark movement, created by dark minded people, which never, in any circumstances, meant to be trendy, popular or cool.

Just my 2 cents.

VC what you say is fairly true. However Goth is alive, just the dress has changed a little and so has the music, much like metal; not every Goth wears velvet and lace but not so many metalheads wears tight jeans anymore either.

Things are more cyber/future orientated in the Goth scene now and more electro stuff is prevelant in the music - though there are still groups and certain clubs pushing ahead with the original Gothrock sound. Some may choose to argue that electro is not Goth but many consider them to be the one in the same, the lyrics are still dark just the music behind them has changed.

One thing is certain - the lines between what is "goth" and what is "metal" are getting increasingly blurred by mainstream acts. Whether it be the efficently marketed doomy goth metal or the industrial goth metal, those passionate about their subculture are gonna have to fight to keep the truth alive of what real is "goth" and what real "Metal" is.

I totally agree with you. What you said complements what I said about Goth not being mainstream. Like you said, there is this mix between goth/rock and goth/electro, but I assure and I think you agree that this kind of music/people certainly are not the same kind of "goth" we see at Hot Topic. :)

Remember kids, HIM (they try hard though), Korn, Slipknot... are not Goth.