Guitar Compilation

Being the only Washburn owner ftw (although it is one of the ONLY good Washburns in production :lol:)

Yeah baby! ENGLs rule ! Have fireball myself. :headbang:
with a behringer cab... :lol: sounds pretty decent tho,maybe a bit too bassy..
but it still kicks any peavey's ass. :worship:

I have the ENGL Screamer combo now. It can give me all the sound and volume i'll ever need. The powerball is/was a great amp, but it's a big hassle to carry around an amp which weighs about 70 kg if you count the cab :lol:

I was wondering what the Screamer is like, considering it's one of the "cheaper" ENGLs. How do you find it?

I was wondering what the Screamer is like, considering it's one of the "cheaper" ENGLs. How do you find it?

In sound quality it can definately challenge the more expensive ENGL Powerball head. I'm not sure about the Invader or Sovereign heads cause I've never tried 'em. As with all tube amps it is at it's best when it's loud. You'll get all the gain and volume you'll ever need. Even at about 40% volume it's so loud my drummer almost can't hear himself :lol:

I played it with EMGs and it sounded great. I played it with my Ibanez with stock pickups, and it sounded great. It will probably sound heavy connected to a guitar with singlecoils too.

Sure a Mesa/boogie combo probably sounds better, but for the price the ENGL cannot be beated.

The downside is you don't have a separate EQ section for the gain/clean channels, but I don't use much clean anyway. Nothing an EQ pedal can't solve though.

Cool, sounds like I might have to look at one of those. Thanks for the info.

I have the ENGL Screamer combo now. It can give me all the sound and volume i'll ever need. The powerball is/was a great amp, but it's a big hassle to carry around an amp which weighs about 70 kg if you count the cab :lol:

Yes, I have a PB and an ENGL 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers. Carrying it around sucks, better don't play a halfstack without a car.

@ Thread

I USED to have this guitar. Although I know it doesn't count :p

Sv_std_bk.jpg

Why did you sell it? :(

Maybe it's just my playingstyle, but the high-E string outfretted quite frequently. I didn't find it comfortable to play it while sitting down (though it's probably just a matter of getting used to it). And I got tired of the gold hardware and the white pinstripes :p

But I have to admit it sounded great. Mainly because it had more wood = more tone, than the other guitars I have.