Guitar Compilation

actually anything under the 250 series in LTD is not the greatest. there mostly made with agathis wood, a composite wood and its not the greatest. but they are really great guitars for beginners.

stonecold:where in oregon do you live?
I live in Cottage Grove,right next to Eugene.Why do you ask?

^Might have a point.

Maybe, but RR24 pwns 90% of LTDs. All ESP (ESP, not LTD) pwn the RR24, but very few LTD models are better than the RR24. Although people talk shit about it and say that f.e. the Alexi 600 is way bettwe, this is bullshit. RR24's floyd is way better than any floyd in an LTD I've tried, EMG 81 pwns all ESP pickups and the EMG HZ4, ebony pwns rosewood and although MOP pwns MOTO, MOTO pwns plastic inlyays.

ESP>the most expensive LTD models>RR24>the other 90% of the LTD models

But, when you go a bit lower, LTD pwns Jackson JS, MX series and some Pro Series though.

AND, when you go to ESP and Jackson USA, then IMO Jackson>ESP. I've tried a USA King V (all back with ivoroid binding) and I still cum when I remember it, :lol:

Of course, put a size 7 IMO before all this.

Agreed.

I can't describe how much I fuckin love my RR24.I have never tried a guitar better than it though,so the day I try a USA Jackson I might combust!

ok first of all. you cant compare all LTD models because all those guitars are suited for a variety of different sounds etc. and how the fuck is an OFR on the alexi worse then the OFR on a jackson rr24. and jackson has very bad "middle-of-the-line" guitars. but esp/ltd is very consistient with quality. and tr00 ESP own the shit out of jacksons.... and have you played an alexi before?

Totally agree man, thank you, i prefer tr00 esp to jackson usa, i notice how smtn hasnt bothered to reply back after having other people back me up :)

to children of cob- i was talking about esp, not ltd

Well the RR24, although better than the other Pro Series Jacksons, is still a Pro Series, so you can't compare it to tr00 ESP's. It's like comparing an RG Tremolo to a Capparison Horus f.e.

Every guitar plays good if you set it up. With a resonably low action, i can play the same on any guitar.

Maybe, but a shit Academy fretboard won't feel like a great ebony one, plus the FR on the RR24 might not be an OFR (I can't be arsed to get the trem out just to see if it says Made In Germany or not, maybe when I restring) but it works like one and keeps the tuning even if you are doing squeals and dives 24/7 like Dimebag Darrell used to.

I can't describe how much I fuckin love my RR24.I have never tried a guitar better than it though,so the day I try a USA Jackson I might combust!

Same here. When it was set up perfectly the only one that could compare to it was my Friends Ibanez and that was mainly coz of the nice feeling neck and otherwise quality feel. That's why i'll be dropping on a Xiphos in the future :) The Jackson RR24 is still the best one ive tried so far.

eeesh...now that we talk jacksons i remembered a guy in F-musiikki in helsinki when i was on my way to parkway drive gig that played insanely fast scales and arpeggios on rr5 so FUCKIN SLOPPY. I swear it sounded like dogfarts...he sounded like a really sloppy version of Francesco Fareri in fact. What made me lol bigtime too was the fact he didnt seem to know how to use a Bad Horsie WahWah. He thought the wahwah effect was on if he pushed it upwards once :lol: He didnt know he actually had to wank it. He tried to play 4 seasons alexi&Roope version and figure out master of puppets when i left. I swear the salesmen were looking at him like "can't you fuckin stop you mini-shredder?!". They did complain to me about having the amp too loud once though...it was a 30-50 watt solid state on volume 1 or 2...seriously. Whats the point in testing amps with headphones?:lol:

I tried a Spidervalve also...i can't say im impressed. Didn't crank it but it didnt sound that different to a spider 3.

Totally agree man, thank you, i prefer tr00 esp to jackson usa, i notice how smtn hasnt bothered to reply back after having other people back me up :)

to children of cob- i was talking about esp, not ltd

I never said RR24 was superior to ESP's , I pointed out that the logic you used to try explain your views on it were very flawed.

You also mentioned about spending a 'little bit extra' to get something alot better. To be honest you couldn't be further from the truth, compare prices and value for money with a rr24 and ESP alexi sig then realise that you're paying alot extra for purely the name.

I never said RR24 was superior to ESP's , I pointed out that the logic you used to try explain your views on it were very flawed.

You also mentioned about spending a 'little bit extra' to get something alot better. To be honest you couldn't be further from the truth, compare prices and value for money with a rr24 and ESP alexi sig then realise that you're paying alot extra for purely the name.

I meant other guitars in general. I was originaly going to buy a RR24, but I'm glad I did not do so. On a side note I'm now going to purchase a ESP SV.

I never said that the LTD (NOT ESP) Alexi 600, (top model of the LTD signature series) was better than the RR24- I tried both and actually prefered the RR24 in terms of playability, even though it lacked binding and MOP inlays, among other nice features that you would expect of a guitar costing nearly £1000. I would rather have an Ibanez than a RR24, yet the Jackson Stars is not that much more expensive and has features such as MOP inlays, binding and a OFR, which is a argauble with the RR24.

Hope I made my point, before I was too busy to fully answer your question :)

^Same here. And I don't think MOP inlays really affect to the playability or the sound, which is what I really care for when getting a guitar, and I'll say once more that the FR on the RR24 might not be an OFR (I'll tell you when I restring), but it works as one. I've had my strings for 2 months and a half and I've fine tuned just three times, and of course I have not opened the lockers in all this time. And the guitar is in tune.

We don't know. I am 80% now that it is not. It's a copy of a OFR...a good copy nevertheless. Still it doesn't make sense that it wouldnt be. I doubt Jackson would get away with it(?)

We don't know. I am 80% now that it is not. It's a copy of a OFR...a good copy nevertheless. Still it doesn't make sense that it wouldnt be. I doubt Jackson would get away with it(?)

They wouldnt :p

comparing it to the OFR I put into my soloist sl-4 ... it seems identical

I've finnaly got theTr00 ESP SV, which I've decided to call dusk ( sad i know)

ESPSVheadstock.jpg

ESPSVfretboard.jpg

ESPSVincase.jpg

ESPSVlowerhalf.jpg

ESPSVHeadstockback.jpg

ESPSVbridge.jpg

Its set up with 10's and plays brilliant! Lovely guitar, great purchase and I love dot inlays, others confuse me :erk:

:)