Guitar Compilation

actually anything under the 250 series in LTD is not the greatest. there mostly made with agathis wood, a composite wood and its not the greatest. but they are really great guitars for beginners.

stonecold:where in oregon do you live?

You're a fucking idiot

my best friend had an LTD MH-50 and i bet it fucking pisses all over your tone your moron. I have an MH-250 and it runs circles around your guitar, and sound, sets it on fire and spits on it

Sorry dude, I'll fix it. EDIT: Done.

@Kattana: Calm down dude :lol: Zakk tends to talk shit about gear easily sometimes, but this time he didn't got that far from reality. The 250 series are cool guitars, but you can't get anything below to other than playing at home. They are, as he said, for begginers, but their tone is not great and their components aren't the exactly the best. Besides, don't dream of rehearshing or playing a live gig with one of those without a huge amount of noise and shitty tone. It doesn't mean they're crap: they're good guitars for begginers, but for something else you have to start at the 250 series and go up, but not less.

I leave mine off because it would just be a pain if i had to take the cover off all the time t make minor adjustments to the screws

I live in Cottage Grove,right next to Eugene.Why do you ask?

because i live in portland :)

You're a fucking idiot

my best friend had an LTD MH-50 and i bet it fucking pisses all over your tone your moron. I have an MH-250 and it runs circles around your guitar, and sound, sets it on fire and spits on it

jesus...ok.

Sorry dude, I'll fix it. EDIT: Done.

@Kattana: Calm down dude :lol: Zakk tends to talk shit about gear easily sometimes, but this time he didn't got that far from reality. The 250 series are cool guitars, but you can't get anything below to other than playing at home. They are, as he said, for begginers, but their tone is not great and their components aren't the exactly the best. Besides, don't dream of rehearshing or playing a live gig with one of those without a huge amount of noise and shitty tone. It doesn't mean they're crap: they're good guitars for begginers, but for something else you have to start at the 250 series and go up, but not less.

well i guess i talk shit but only because i really have played a lot of fucking gear. besides its all opinion so whatever.

Haw. The cheaper models ARE inferior, its just how things are. Cheaply made = cheap feeling and handling. This is like claiming that mcdonalds pwn the shit out of a 9 course restaurant meal, they cant be compared, and it all depends on what standards you have.

I'm an LTD/ESP whore, even for the cheaper models, but the 50 models are honestly piss. Their pickups and hardware isnt even properly lined up! The amount of work and money you'd have to put into one to make it decent enough to use live, would set you back more than what you'd use to get a decent Korean model. Heck, you could even get a LTD 1000/Deluxe, if you realize you have to refret the bugger. Cause guess what, the fretwire is of such cheap quality, you'll grind it all down in no time, and then your intonation goes fuckwad.
Honestly, the LTD-250 series, its not THAT expensive, and its decent. I wouldn't go lower, for anything serious.

We don't know. I am 80% now that it is not. It's a copy of a OFR...a good copy nevertheless. Still it doesn't make sense that it wouldnt be. I doubt Jackson would get away with it(?)

Jackson calls it "Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo" on their webpage. I think it's an OFR, but made in China to reduce costs and make it available in cheaper guitars. Should work fine, but maybe not in the long run. I'd use as little as possible.

Jackson calls it "Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo" on their webpage. I think it's an OFR, but made in China to reduce costs and make it available in cheaper guitars. Should work fine, but maybe not in the long run. I'd use as little as possible.

It feels sturdy...actually feels exactly like a real OFR. Well i guess i will have to wait and see...ive used it fuckin much and it still holds nicely. I think im gonna use it normally and if something craps out i just switch it out. No further problems. Could be its china made...It feels nothing as a LFR though :)

Well, I've heard that it feels cheap...from the people that played many big€€€ guitars and have lots of first hand experience. That's enough for me to stay away from RR24s.

I rather try em before judging. Ive tried a RR24 in the shop and it did feel a bit...i dunno. Plastic? The setup was NOT good and the tremolo arm bar was way higher than on mine(dunno how to say it). It was more like my MMV :S I personally was suprised how much better mine feels. It has a solid feel to it. Im not even kidding around...Well im completely satisfied with my RR24. Feel's greater than any Alexi-600s ive tried.

Haw. The cheaper models ARE inferior, its just how things are. Cheaply made = cheap feeling and handling. This is like claiming that mcdonalds pwn the shit out of a 9 course restaurant meal, they cant be compared, and it all depends on what standards you have.

I'm an LTD/ESP whore, even for the cheaper models, but the 50 models are honestly piss. Their pickups and hardware isnt even properly lined up! The amount of work and money you'd have to put into one to make it decent enough to use live, would set you back more than what you'd use to get a decent Korean model. Heck, you could even get a LTD 1000/Deluxe, if you realize you have to refret the bugger. Cause guess what, the fretwire is of such cheap quality, you'll grind it all down in no time, and then your intonation goes fuckwad.
Honestly, the LTD-250 series, its not THAT expensive, and its decent. I wouldn't go lower, for anything serious.

exactly my thoughts

How much would a custom Jackson cost?

quite a lot, seeing how fender owns them and fender CS is like a 101010101001 dollars

More or less, yeah, but of course it depends on what do you ask them to build for you.

Does everyone HAVE to keep the cover on the back to the Bridge? I do always remove them because they're just annoying IMO.

I have the one in my Ibanez off, but the one in the RR is on, I supose because I never use the screws more than once a month or each 2 months in that one, and in the Ibanez because I've lost the screws that fix the plate to the guitar I think, :lol:

Exactly.

I'll tell you in a yera/half a year, as I use quite a lot the trem bar.

Ive soon had mine for over a year. No problems whatsoever!

W00t the fook cover are you talking about? The one at the baseplate over the strings? I never got one for my RR.