Guitar Compilation

Yeah, the inlays look and fell really plastic-ish.
As of right now, there are no new Jackson Stars being made. If you want one, try to find in used market. Otherwise, just have to wait till the Japan shop open ( whenever that is)

I still like them though, I think they're pretty cool. But my question is: why that skull sticker?

BTW, added :kickass:

^ :lol: I know, pretty lame right. It's the one that comes with ESP guitar. But it won't stay on there for long. Haven't found a good one yet. I changed sticker every time I come across a cool one.

Cool, but why an 81? Not that I don't like it, I actually have one and like it, but knowing that the Blackouts pwn them why didn't you get a blackout?

@Hai: So you always have stickers on? :lol: I had one of Alexi on my old Ibanez, but I'm not sticking anything else anymore. Maybe some small ones in the same place Alexi has his stickers, so you can't actually see them in the front, but I'm not sticking anything in the front.

^Yeah, pretty much always. I used to have a snake sticker which look like it coming out from the guitar from the back and crawling to the front (that was my favorite) . Then another time I got a sticker that say " The other way, dumba#$ " on the back. My girlfriend likes to do scrapbook so she have tons of sticker, which I'll take if the sticker is cool :lol:

Cool, but why an 81? Not that I don't like it, I actually have one and like it, but knowing that the Blackouts pwn them why didn't you get a blackout?

They don't PWN that hard. I prefer EMGs still. I tried a Schecter loaded with Blackouts. They were cool and had less feedback but i still like my EMG 81 :kickass:

as far as i remember, the J2SP model is discontinued, so even if the japanese shop opens again, i doubt you can get one from there

^I'm sure they'll come out with a new model that will be similar, they would be idiots not to cash in on that.

^I'm sure they'll come out with a new model that will be similar, they would be idiots not to cash in on that.

doubt its gonna happen this year, the new lineup for 08 has been on the page for a good while now, and its not there. I'm taking a wild guess that Jackson might be involved with this, seeing as the J2SP wooould be in direct competition with their RR24's, though this is just speculations lol

^Speculation or not is a good point. But I always thought that Jackson and Jackson Stars were the same company :ill:

They don't PWN that hard. I prefer EMGs still. I tried a Schecter loaded with Blackouts. They were cool and had less feedback but i still like my EMG 81 :kickass:

Hey! You know I love my 81! I wasn't complaining about the 81, just saying that if the blackouts are better they might be a good option. About you trying it with the Shecter, you can't compare it with your Jackson. To compare you need really similar guitar or the same ones if possible so you know that any difference in the sound is because of the pickup.

as far as i remember, the J2SP model is discontinued, so even if the japanese shop opens again, i doubt you can get one from there

Exactly.

Maybe but Muffin has a point.

@children of COB:The shop had only a set of Blackout and the time to order a Blackout (bridge) was too long so I took the EMGs:)

EMG 81 kickass:headbang:

Of course it kicks ass, but still I'd like to give the Blackouts a go.

Hey! You know I love my 81! I wasn't complaining about the 81, just saying that if the blackouts are better they might be a good option. About you trying it with the Shecter, you can't compare it with your Jackson. To compare you need really similar guitar or the same ones if possible so you know that any difference in the sound is because of the pickup.

Yeah but i also tested a Hellraiser with EMG 81 in bridge. So that kind of makes up for it. Yeah it had some better points in it but i think people are overrating it. It does not beat the EMG 81 THAT hard. But yeah it had less noise and it would probably not have any noise when near a computer monitor which is pretty nice since guitars get noisy when close to a monitor.

Oh i can bet you it will make noise near a computer, most of the noise will come from the computer itself, not the monitor

I got a new guitar yesterday, Jackson San Dimas Rhoads Custom:
DSCN0394m.jpg

Amazing tone and sustain, clear notes, blackest ebony I've ever seen without ANY cracks in it (and it's 23 years old!!), hands down the best guitar I've ever played.