Guitar Player's Thread

Hmm emg-x

Once they have been around for a bit and I can check out some opinions about them, I might consider getting an 81-X to stick in my iceman, I remember the days when all my guitars had EMGs in them :lol:

Do pickups influence your tone noticeably if all you're doing is plugging directly into your PC using an amp software? I'm still using the HZ that came with my guitar lol. Seems like everyone hates them. I wouldn't know because I haven't tested out many different pickups.

dude, I heard that shit is legal now in the US! It's probably not the same as the original that you find in Europe though. did you hallucinate?

Its been legal in the US a long long long time, only its not the real stuff.
Never had it personally, my friend like it...but my friend likes anything expensive, despite the quality received, anything to let one say "yo dawg, I'm a balluh!"
The man can't be blamed :p

Do pickups influence your tone noticeably if all you're doing is plugging directly into your PC using an amp software? I'm still using the HZ that came with my guitar lol. Seems like everyone hates them. I wouldn't know because I haven't tested out many different pickups.

For all of my videos with my J2SP-RR Stars, I have used my EMG HZ-3. Click the pic in my sig if you wanna hear. I've used my Behringer V-Amp 2 directly into the pc for my older vids, and my Toneport UX1 in the newer ones.

To be honest I can't really hear a huge difference from the HZ-3 and the Seymour Duncan SAHB-2 Blackout Metal. Only gain/"punch", and the SD sounds a bit more sterile.

The classical guitar sounds very good.
What else do you use for the recording? Any plugin? Any preamp? Wich soundcard?

:D

Thanks!:D

Soundcard: Line6 TonePort UX1
Plugin/Modelling software: GearBox

That's about it:oops:

sup guys, me and my friends bought some absynth. shit is so expensive. gets you real drunk though!!!!!! woooo!!!! METAL!

Got fucked up with some of that friday.

+ jager + wild turkey + white russians + shit loads of beer

I love 21st birthday parties especially when you're playing a show there. :worship:

his mask freaks me out.

dude, I heard that shit is legal now in the US! It's probably not the same as the original that you find in Europe though. did you hallucinate?

nah it just gets you really really drunk. Surprisingly I feel great today. Haven't slept that good in weeks haha

Got fucked up with some of that friday.

+ jager + wild turkey + white russians + shit loads of beer

I love 21st birthday parties especially when you're playing a show there. :worship:

I turn 21 in 9 days...

...god help me

I turn 21 in over 3 years... But I can legally drink and buy alcolol in 4 months :lol: lol@u

Actually I'm curious about it: I know that in Spain and in the UK you can drink and buy drinks legally if you're over 18, and that in Finland you can buy light stuff when you're +18 and then the hard liquors when you're +21, but how's it on other countries?

Also, how strict are they with it? Cos I've been drinking since I was 15 and I got everything myself most of the times, they're not really that strict in here.

sup guys, me and my friends bought some absynth. shit is so expensive. gets you real drunk though!!!!!! woooo!!!! METAL!

It's nice, isn't it? I love it :kickass:

Hallucinate? :lol: I take it every single weekend and I've never ever hallucinated :lol:

nah it just gets you really really drunk. Surprisingly I feel great today. Haven't slept that good in weeks haha

I turn 21 in 9 days...

...god help me

Party time :lol: :kickass:

Lucky! damn American laws!

but its not a really big deal anyways, the bars out here don't care and i have plenty of ways to attain booze.

Hallucinate? :lol: I take it every single weekend and I've never ever hallucinated :lol:

Its a Myth, I heard that back in the old days and in maybe some countries they slip drugs and stuff in it so people hallucinated.
My friend got so drunk that he thought he was seeing things, but he was just super wasted haha

Also I need your guy's opinions!

What rhythm guitar tone do you like better, they are very similar but still different.

Tone 1.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7359168

Tone 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7305359

Trying to get a good tone for melodic death metal, with the chunk and heaviness for big power chord type riffs but also clarity for more notey faster techy riffs.

I like them both, the dirty chugg of the first one and the cleaner second..the second is maybe too clean if you want to pull off the power chord riffs imo, if you could tweak it a little to get a tone just a little heavier I'd go with the second.

Actually I'm curious about it: I know that in Spain and in the UK you can drink and buy drinks legally if you're over 18, and that in Finland you can buy light stuff when you're +18 and then the hard liquors when you're +21, but how's it on other countries?

Also, how strict are they with it? Cos I've been drinking since I was 15 and I got everything myself most of the times, they're not really that strict in here.

Germany:
You can buy legally everything if you are over 18. the limit for beer is 16.

Sometimes they/we (i'm selling alcohol myself) ask for an ID. A year or so ago a teenager died because of tequila so they ask more often then before and some shops set the limit for beer up to 18 years.

Lucky! damn American laws!

but its not a really big deal anyways, the bars out here don't care and i have plenty of ways to attain booze.

Its a Myth, I heard that back in the old days and in maybe some countries they slip drugs and stuff in it so people hallucinated.
My friend got so drunk that he thought he was seeing things, but he was just super wasted haha

Also I need your guy's opinions!

What rhythm guitar tone do you like better, they are very similar but still different.

Tone 1.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7359168

Tone 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7305359

Trying to get a good tone for melodic death metal, with the chunk and heaviness for big power chord type riffs but also clarity for more notey faster techy riffs.

It's hard to tell a diff IMO.

Get some C4 on the low end and bring em up.

personally I don't like the sound of C4 on guitars, but i don't really know how to use it. I've just tried the "andy sneap" settings. I think my EQ/compression problems lies more in the bass guitar

personally I don't like the sound of C4 on guitars, but i don't really know how to use it. I've just tried the "andy sneap" settings. I think my EQ/compression problems lies more in the bass guitar

Settings of said bass gtr?

Smash the fuckkkk out of it, have two tracks, DI and mic'd/sim'd track (You know distortion'd, high passed at like 500). Boost at 2-3k to get some pick attack.

My latest clip

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/616503/666-07.mp3

And what don't you like about the C4? It's great for comp'ing the boomyness you get on some palm mutes. Throw it on the master too to keep it from pumping and shit.