Guitar Player's Thread

And has anybody seen how the prices on the Jackson RR24M have gone up 250 bucks to 1500. Unless it comes with a case and a REAL german made OFR then that's BS.

i have to go pretty easy with plugins unfortunately. i only have 1 gig of ram :(

Btw I love your song man! It's awesome!

What did you use for the growly type keyboard lead sound?
For Guitars?
For Drums?

Shit, why does every musician who likes/writes this kind of music live like 6+ hours away from me! AHH!

Lucky! damn American laws!

but its not a really big deal anyways, the bars out here don't care and i have plenty of ways to attain booze.

Its a Myth, I heard that back in the old days and in maybe some countries they slip drugs and stuff in it so people hallucinated.
My friend got so drunk that he thought he was seeing things, but he was just super wasted haha

Also I need your guy's opinions!

What rhythm guitar tone do you like better, they are very similar but still different.

Tone 1.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7359168

Tone 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7305359

Trying to get a good tone for melodic death metal, with the chunk and heaviness for big power chord type riffs but also clarity for more notey faster techy riffs.

I like the 2nd one better overall. It's cleaner and makes everything sound smoother IMO, although it may lack a bit of low end. Still, I'd go for the 2nd one if I were you.

BTW, shit looks good, you got me excited about that album man!

It's hard to tell a diff IMO.

Get some C4 on the low end and bring em up.

personally I don't like the sound of C4 on guitars, but i don't really know how to use it. I've just tried the "andy sneap" settings. I think my EQ/compression problems lies more in the bass guitar

If you guys don't mind, may I ask what C4 is?

i have to go pretty easy with plugins unfortunately. i only have 1 gig of ram :(

Btw I love your song man! It's awesome!

What did you use for the growly type keyboard lead sound?
For Guitars?
For Drums?

Shit, why does every musician who likes/writes this kind of music live like 6+ hours away from me! AHH!

Thanks dude. :headbang:

Gtrs are my gp1k > Pv CL 60/60 > Genz Benz 212 > 57 clone > VTB-1 Pre w/ tube blend > HARD as fuck EQ'ing

Bass is shitty 10yr old Epiphone w/ EMG's into the VTB-1 (full tube blend)

Drums are SDII + samples triggered by Aptrigga

All synths are Reason 4.

Hopefully I can get a Roland JV1080 soon for my keys soon.

Holy fuck I found a keyboardist who shreds and listens to metal. :worship:notworthy:worship:

Its been legal in the US a long long long time, only its not the real stuff.
Never had it personally, my friend like it...but my friend likes anything expensive, despite the quality received, anything to let one say "yo dawg, I'm a balluh!"
The man can't be blamed :p
no, no. I'm talking about the "real" stuff. I heard that's the one that is now legal; but my guess is, it's still not the original one.

Actually I'm curious about it: I know that in Spain and in the UK you can drink and buy drinks legally if you're over 18, and that in Finland you can buy light stuff when you're +18 and then the hard liquors when you're +21, but how's it on other countries?

Also, how strict are they with it? Cos I've been drinking since I was 15 and I got everything myself most of the times, they're not really that strict in here.

Hallucinate? :lol: I take it every single weekend and I've never ever hallucinated :lol:
yeah, if you drink the genuine absinthe, you are supposed to hallucinate. and the only instances I've heard about this happening is in Amsterdam... so maybe you guys in Spain don't have the right drink either :p

Here in America the drinking thing is very strict. if you go to a liquor store and the clerk sells someone alcohol who is under the age of 21, he will get his license to sell taken away. same for a bartender, if he serves someone he shouldn't, his license is gone.
Also I need your guy's opinions!

What rhythm guitar tone do you like better, they are very similar but still different.

Tone 1.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7359168

Tone 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7305359

Trying to get a good tone for melodic death metal, with the chunk and heaviness for big power chord type riffs but also clarity for more notey faster techy riffs.

Tone 1. nice and crunchy.

It's hard to say, but I think I may like Tone 2 better. But I do think it is lacking some of that low end, like CoCOB said. If you wanted that crunch from Tone 1, I would push it even farther in the midrange to really make it growl even more.

And if you don't mind my asking, annd apologies if you've already explained, but what is your recording setup? Those clips honestly sounded professional, it was amazing.

Basically

Recording direct into cubase sx3 with a line6 toneport
Guitar is quad tracked through Revalver HP (two tracks 6550, two tracks JSX) , Bass is just a Line6 tone, Drums are Addictive Drums, Synths are from Reason.

Some compression and Limiting plugin's on the master track

I recently got a Pod Studio Gx with Podfarm, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some nice settings for Podfarm as I'd like to record a COB cover but I have barely any idea how to get a good tone for it. Any help is appreciated :)

Basically

Recording direct into cubase sx3 with a line6 toneport
Guitar is quad tracked through Revalver HP (two tracks 6550, two tracks JSX) , Bass is just a Line6 tone, Drums are Addictive Drums, Synths are from Reason.

Some compression and Limiting plugin's on the master track

Ah, that makes sense then.

Well thought out, I must say.

I recently got a Pod Studio Gx with Podfarm, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some nice settings for Podfarm as I'd like to record a COB cover but I have barely any idea how to get a good tone for it. Any help is appreciated :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7gu20

Try that one to get started. It's the one i frequently use. Just open it with Pod Farm...

If it's the one you gave me, it's awesome. I couldn't open it tho when you sent me it:lol:

Here's a message I sent to some dude asking the same question on YouTube.

Yeah the presets are kinda crap, and you have to know what you're doing in GearBox to get a good tone out of it. Luckily a friend helped me get a basic starter tone, then I customized it myself.

I can tell you my settings:

-1993 Solo Head 100 Amp (EQ, Gain:3, Bass: 3, Middle/Treble/Presence: 8)
-4x12 1978 Brit Celest T-75 Cab
-Noise Gate (Decay: 30%) (Threshold: -34db)
-Screamer (This is found under Stomp) Drive: 50%, Gain: 41, Tone: 50%
-I recently added a Compressor, Threshold at 0, Gain at 40. Dunno if this affects the tone that much tho..
-Off-Axis 57 Mic @ 30% distance

And that's about it! :)

I have the gain (amp) very low because of my new Seymour Duncan SAHB-2B Blackout Metal humbucker pickup. When I had the EMG-HZ3 (as seen in my videos) I had it at about 7.

Hope that helps! If you don't like it, just customize it to your own specifications! :)

Yeah it should be that one. Althoughi have 2 that are called the same and the other one of them sucks :lol: So if it was the wrong one, sorry. Well Ensi kinda summed up what it includes anyway so if you can't open it...just do it like that.

haha I was drunk and spelled it wrong, Absinthe will get you drunk...but Ab-SYNTH is METAL haha

I also might have found a guitarist for my band I'm working on creating. He goes to school here with me and lives in my hometown so that's a pretty much perfect situation. So now I just have to find a bass player and maybe an ab-SYNTH player and then its go time lol

Sorry Lowberg but that post is so "13 year old who's just discovered alcohol and thinks it's cool"-esque... No wonder the resident 13 year old sig'd it :lol:

haha I was drunk and spelled it wrong, Absinthe will get you drunk...but Ab-SYNTH is METAL haha

I also might have found a guitarist for my band I'm working on creating. He goes to school here with me and lives in my hometown so that's a pretty much perfect situation. So now I just have to find a bass player and maybe an ab-SYNTH player and then its go time lol

Next thing we know, you're going to go all Avenged Sevenfold and create stagenames and outfits.

You will be known as Absynth Starbeard.

Sorry Lowberg but that post is so "13 year old who's just discovered alcohol and thinks it's cool"-esque... No wonder the resident 13 year old sig'd it :lol:

What can I say, when I am drunk I should not be allowed to use the internet.

Next thing we know, you're going to go all Avenged Sevenfold and create stagenames and outfits.

You will be known as Absynth Starbeard.

wtf ahahaha that should be my name in The Black Spot (which is pretty much a joke already). or like Absynth Nobeard