Guitar Player's Thread

:lol: Actually I just realized I had the cap on, I swear I don't wear a cap all the time! Is just coincidence, and when I play I put it backwards, it makes me play better

18946302.jpg

:lol: Actually I just realized I had the cap on, I swear I don't wear a cap all the time! Is just coincidence, and when I play I put it backwards, it makes me play better

18946302.jpg

Over The Top, Oh my fucking god. This is such a funny coincidence that you posted that, I'm not even joking:

I talked to my drummer on AIM this morning and this is how the conversation started....

Alex: Hey Dan!!!!!!!!!
Dan: dude, i ordered an over the top hat
Alex: what!?
Dan: i uploaded my own logo onto this site zazzle.com, and i ordered a hat that says over the top

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
He is obsessed with bad Stallone movies.

I'm still messing around with guitar tones, Let me know what your thoughts about this one is! There's no bass in this so keep that in mind. Oh and sorry for my sloppy playing :lol:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7368631

I doubt it, I never tune my guitar properly, besides it was played half a step higher than the original.

I thought so :p
With some practice you could nail it really tight though.

Btw Delanoir dude, I know you play the guitar but I have never heard/seen you play. You should make a vid/recording dude :p

I know :D I used to think that I practiced a lot, but then realized that I only play about an hour a day :lol: And I just play songs I like and learn them, I don't play excercises because they bore me :p

And Lowberg, hurry up with that band :mad: I want to buy all your albums :worship:

@Lowberg: I like the tone, but I think there's too much highs and not enough lows. Maybe too much presence, and not necessarily less treble.

And I'm definitely planning on it once I get my toneport. I just moved a long way, and haven't got everything set up yet, and don't have my amp. Sometime next week though I'll be sure to put something up.

Immmaa hurryin!!, I've got 15 songs in the works, all of which are almost completely written besides vocals and solos. As far as a "band" emerging, you can expect that real soon, but an album might not be recorded/available until summer. And don't take my word on it, but since its self produced/independently released it will probably be available FO FREE for download in mp3 format.

I also have to find a better bass to record with, I don't think the pickups in my 40 dollar mystery bass will cut it lol

@Lowberg: I like the tone, but I think there's too much highs and not enough lows. Maybe too much presence, and not necessarily less treble.
I agree. That tone is pretty much bare bones, without a lot of post shit done to it.
Bass and some EQing should fix that.

^Looking good, but yeah, get it done cos we want to hear that. It sounds really cool from what you let us hear.

And Lowberg, hurry up with that band :mad: I want to buy all your albums :worship:

+8345693746537845690378249683457399465237495637453 :loco:

And I'm definitely planning on it once I get my toneport. I just moved a long way, and haven't got everything set up yet, and don't have my amp. Sometime next week though I'll be sure to put something up.

Do it!

nice job, but it kinda hurts to watch you play on that guitar. get a good quality guitar and it'll feel so amazing to play, you wont mind doing the "boring" exercises and practices :p

True!

I want to perfect my triplets and it's so fucking boring to repeat that stuff over and over ... But now i'm playing with my new tube amplifier, and it SO MUCH fun to try to vibrate stuff from my closet by just doing triplets at all positions :p

Damn, i need to record my selfbuild amp with a cellphone, for a quick tone check.

Thanks a lot vato loco :cool:

And mystique, I don't think I will ever buy another guitar, there's always so much other stuff that I need to buy when I think about buying a new one, to be honest, this is the only guitar I have ever played o_O

Wednesdays suck :(

Why? It's party time! At least in here :lol: I think we have too much party here in Spain.

Wednesday: Erasmus party.
Thursday: Univerity party.
Friday and Saturday: normal party get thrashed with your friends have a lot of fun don't come home before 7 am :lol:

I try not to go out more than 3 days though, cos if not I stop attending lessons and studying :lol: