Guitar Player's Thread

Yeahh its a power amp, Power tubes don't change the tone too much untill you crank it past like 7,which not a lot of people do nowadays.
Well, the Peavey 50/50 uses EL84 which are like small EL34 (marshall tubes). These have a much stronger midrange.
The ENGL has 6l6/5881 tubes (standard ENGL/mesa tubes) and they have more low end and high's.

That does make a difference on low volume, also the EL84 tubes are breaking up a lot sooner.

Btw, what do you use to connect your guitar to your pc? Right in your soundcard or?
umm, actually it is. :lol:
A good musician knows that there isnt such a thing as "better". Products/amplifiers are sounding different, and its your own taste/opinion if you prefer ENGL/Mesa/Marshall. Doesn't matter which one is more expensive or good looking.

^well, the ENGL is different. Not better.
And yeah, I get what you are saying - buying another pre might be less costy than buying a head, but buying a power amp like the ENGL is the same as buying a new head :rofl:.

It could also be because of your pickup(s). Really, if you have a "wrong" pickup you can make any amp sound bad. When I used a Seymour SH-5 in bridge pos my Lee Jackson sounded way to loose, but when I used it with a Screamin Demon it just rocked bawlz.

besides that, I prefer that "heavys metal" thing tone much to anything else I've heard you record.
Damn, is ENGL so expensive in the USA?

Fireball is 1000 euro, E530 is 500 euro E840/50 is 1000 euro, Powerball is 1500 euro.

Tone 2, definitely.

They're both really good, but the first one didn't have enough highs or definition, which the second does. That is if we're talking about the chords/rhythm. With that single-note lead that kicks in at the end, the first one sounded a bit better.

:worship:
For guitars it was Gp1k > PV CL 60/60 > Genz Benz Gflex 212 > 57 clone > Studip projects tube pre > EMU 1212m
Thanks, that's a very basic setup and I like it. Did you have the volume cranked up? I have an original SM57, but I never recorded my Stack with it because the neighbours would kill me (it's in the rehearsal room anyway)
Tone 2, nice! You really like AE, don't you? :lol:

:worship:

Thanks, that's a very basic setup and I like it. Did you have the volume cranked up? I have an original SM57, but I never recorded my Stack with it because the neighbours would kill me (it's in the rehearsal room anyway)

I had it at like 1/3 volume. Pretty loud for a bedroom.

I did have a bad monkey in front of the GP1k. And a J50BC which is crunch city. :worship: