Guitar Player's Thread

HAHAHAHAHAHA "Synyster Gates" avatar: check. Ridiculous fucking hair: check. Fingerless gloves: check. Black nail-polish: check. Line 6 Spider II amp: check. Stickers on guitar: check. "XxfuckupusernamexX": check. I think we've got ourselves an asshat.

I finnally got my guitar back! Thankfully the repair was a decent price as well. I'll hop to my solo.

xxgloidevotionxx said:
i warn you guys ...im newly home after being in the hospital ...was in an accident..VERY TIRED!!!

I just don't understand why every guitarist happens to record right when he's:

a) gotten home from the hospital
b) hasn't slept for days
c) just had his arm cut off
d) entered the fourth world

It's like there's some supreme force watching over all guitarists that makes sure they have a sweet excuse for sloppy playing.

That's why I always say that it's the best I can play or that I'm to lazy to record a better version :D

my excuse is usually "... but then I broke a string and couldn't redo it / couldn't record the solo"

But this actually happens to me a lot and it always takes ages for me to buy some new sets :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA "Synyster Gates" avatar: check. Ridiculous fucking hair: check. Fingerless gloves: check. Black nail-polish: check. Line 6 Spider II amp: check. Stickers on guitar: check. "XxfuckupusernamexX": check. I think we've got ourselves an asshat.

Yes, you are right.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWbk2_h5WP4&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Not to be a cunt here but that is possibly the gayest solo to one of the gayest songs in the universe.

Fuck! I still have huge traumatic feelings over having to play bass on that song in school....BLERGH!!! I WAS FORCED!:cry:

i think its a good guitar for the price
yeah i tought so, thankies
Yes, I own it. It's really great for the price, but I've upgraded mine to Dimarzio Paf Pro (B) Seymour Duncan Hot Rails (SC) and Dimarzio Evolution (N), and installed a new neck, which has made a huge difference. The stock pickups aren't so bad, though.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1797/rg350dx.jpg

it looks beautiful man, i'm short on money so i think i'll get it and pimp it later!

I dont have excuses, i play teh sloppiez and i deserves de shamez

I went to my kick ass local music store today for the first time since i got back from school and they are STOCKED on jacksons!

They had the Adrian Smith signature model, It was a real classy guitar. I'm glad they didnt screw it up and try to make it a shred machine or anything. It's just basically a really nice strat with ebony fingerboard and a non-recessed floyd. Frets weren't enormous either. Up the Irons!

But then they also had like 2 rr24's (they still have the limited edition one)
And a bunch of the new crazy 80's colors imports they are puttng out

Got to play the Mesa Mark V too :headbang:

I suppose in theory he's right, but it should be noted that you can effectively ruin a casserole by doing that.

Stretch by physical force works just as well imho, less chance of them snapping this way, but each to their own

anyone ever played a Ibanez RG350dx? toughts?

I had it, and for the price is awesome imho. Great neck and fret access (like all Ibanez though :lol:), nice pickups for the price and also, the Edge III is not as bad as people says. Of course it's not an OFR or a Schaller, but in a guitar that costs 450€ I think it's really really good, specially compared to cheap Jackson and ESP floyds e.g.

I just don't understand why every guitarist happens to record right when he's:

a) gotten home from the hospital
b) hasn't slept for days
c) just had his arm cut off
d) entered the fourth world

It's like there's some supreme force watching over all guitarists that makes sure they have a sweet excuse for sloppy playing.

Hey! I never say that! :lol: But it's true many do it. Mitch does it just for fun though, as he still nails it. In that cases I don't mind, but people like the guy you quoted are nerve-wracking.

Holy fuck! I've linked this before but fuck...I am doing it again. I am lolling my ass off tho this guy :lol:
I actually don't think anyone else has started doing vocals on Guitar World guitar lessons :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDnJ_AnVxZE&feature=related[/ame]

When he started with the vocals on that one I actually burst out laughing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXFRH28u7s&feature=related[/ame]

Hahahaaha, that was AWESOME!!! I love that song, and he's as fucked up as Ozzy/Yngwie when he talks. Some of those faces are unhuman!! I fav'd this vid!

I'm also gonna learn it.