Guitar Player's Thread

No sustain for hammer-ons and pull-offs? Lol?
For the rest, everything Matias said.

This may sound like a crappy excuse, but my guitar has no sustain for hammer-ons and pull-offs :erk:
I'm buying a new guitar next week which should eliminate the problem and let me improve my technique.

If your hammerons and pullofs lack sustain that is because your technique is not correct. They should have the same sustain that you get when you pick your notes, because: when hammering, you should be hitting the note with your finger hard enough and precise enough that it emulates striking a note with your pick, and when pulling off, your finger should pluck the string as it leaves, also emulating a strike of the note with your pick.

Sooo, finally I got to upload my ADA-MP1 sample, tell me what you think guys!! Setup is:

-RR24->ADA MP1->Toneport UX2 (poweramp, noisegate and compressor simulation)->Computer->Reaper

I have done almost nothing to the tone, just a bit of eq but not much, hear and tell me please! Advice is wellcome both in tone and playing, but focus on tone please :)

ADA MP-1 soundtest

i might buy a 5150 instead of a new guitar

That, my friend, is an excellent decission imho. You have a nice guitar and you'd have a great amp too!

Sooo, finally I got to upload my ADA-MP1 sample, tell me what you think guys!! Setup is:

-RR24->ADA MP1->Toneport UX2 (poweramp, noisegate and compressor simulation)->Computer->Reaper

I have done almost nothing to the tone, just a bit of eq but not much, hear and tell me please! Advice is wellcome both in tone and playing, but focus on tone please :)

ADA MP-1 soundtest

That, my friend, is an excellent decission imho. You have a nice guitar and you'd have a great amp too!

Details on settings?

click the pics and scroll through they have some nice stuff.

edit:::http://www.ranguitars.com/imi/galeria/img/tIMG_41896.jpg

^i just came...

I shat bricks.

I want dis
gal1.php

just found this company a bit ago while looking around for custom shops.

I was going to go with amfisound originally but this might have just changed my mind.

Jeff waters, and Pat O' Brian have customs from them.

http://www.ranguitars.com/gallery.php

click the pics and scroll through they have some nice stuff.

edit:::http://www.ranguitars.com/imi/galeria/img/tIMG_41896.jpg

^i just came...

A year or so i was exactly like this. Today, after I did some research I would never anything from them. They tend to use wrong woods, wrong fretboards, wrong hardware and fucked up neck-body joints. On top of that they increased the prices and the waiting time.

ADA MP-1 soundtest
nice!! it did you double track it? i would just bump 1 or 2 db of mids lower and add abit more highs

Thanks! If by double tracking you mean having 2 rythm guitars left and 2 right, no. If you mean having one rythm right and one left and recording the solos over them, then yes :) I'll try what you said. On each track or on the thing as a whole?

Details on settings?

Well, I don't have the ADA here with me now, but IIRC OD1 9-10, OD2 7, Bass 4, Mids and Treble 7-8 and that's pretty much it. Output A btw.

PodFarm I used the Line 6 Power amp cranked half, the noise gate with Decay at 22% and Threshold at 0db and the compressor Threshold at -17db and Gain at 12db.

Then in Reaper I used ReaGate solo preset for the leads. For the rythms I used nothing, just paning.

I recorded two ryrhms which are totally paned and then the leads are paned 29R (Alexi's) and 50L (Alexander/Roope's).

That's pretty much it. BT is the one on the first page of the tab thread.

Thanks! If by double tracking you mean having 2 rythm guitars left and 2 right, no. If you mean having one rythm right and one left and recording the solos over them, then yes :) I'll try what you said. On each track or on the thing as a whole?
i meant 2 track for rhythm how you pan the its another story
2 left and 2 right that would be quad tracking :)
the eq change just to the rhythm guitars.

Well, I don't have the ADA here with me now, but IIRC OD1 9-10, OD2 7, Bass 4, Mids and Treble 7-8 and that's pretty much it. Output A btw.

PodFarm I used the Line 6 Power amp cranked half, the noise gate with Decay at 22% and Threshold at 0db and the compressor Threshold at -17db and Gain at 12db.

Then in Reaper I used ReaGate solo preset for the leads. For the rythms I used nothing, just paning.

I recorded two ryrhms which are totally paned and then the leads are paned 29R (Alexi's) and 50L (Alexander/Roope's).

That's pretty much it. BT is the one on the first page of the tab thread.

What was the presence at?

The treble is fucking weird, it's like a high mid control.

Presence, talking again out of my memory as I don't have the ADA around, was around 9-10 IIRC, and yep, treble is a weird control.

i meant 2 track for rhythm how you pan the its another story
2 left and 2 right that would be quad tracking :)
the eq change just to the rhythm guitars.

Ah ok, thanks for the info, I'll remember next time :)