Guitar Player's Thread

:loco: Yay. :Spin:
Hey, anyone wanna do another jam? :lol: The next one is over the Passage to the Reaper BT made my Epi so fucking check it out yeah?! :kickass:

I would love to join in but if it's going to be done in the next few weeks then im out, I need a new mic and i'm in deep shit with money problems. :(

jmbullet said:
That's what I'm doing now... recording the guitar and then I'll find something nice to play on the violin with it I'll upload the whole thing when I'm done

EDIT::

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TE...bThuSlEwTVE9PQ

The guitar part !!

Cool stuff. I think the actual solos will be played over the main riff in F#min when it all kicks in and also the bit after that goes up to G#min. The intro will be left blank.

Pheonix said:
I would love to join in but if it's going to be done in the next few weeks then im out, I need a new mic and i'm in deep shit with money problems.

999 posts. :kickass:

You should be able to get a cheap mic for like £1 or something stupid like that from somewhere. I hear all the time how the Americans go to Radio Shack and get small pc mics that cost 'em $1.25 or something and sound good.

Have a look around, you don't need an SM57 or anything.

I came up with a solo yesterday, for the G#min part, i thought it was kinda kewl, so i'll record it later.

I dunno, but your ideas are pretty sweet !!! and I think I got my solo done, here it is *I put the backing track aswell, but if you like the solo and want to keep it I'll send you the file without the backing track so you can put it wherever you want to into the song...*

http://download.yousendit.com/9FEFDEA13458C28F
uhhh, just stick to one intrument, they way you mixed them doesnt sound to good. (just being honest)

say bye bye to the violin :lol:

I think what he meant was that the way you used harmony between the guitar and violin.

It'd sound better if you played the same melody on both instruments but in harmony so there's not 2 different melodies going on at once that clash with each other.

the emptifier said:
another jam i say. but how do i record onto comp?

gtr -> amp -> computer

or

gtr -> amp -> mic -> computer

or

gtr -> effects pedal -> computer

I think what he meant was that the way you used harmony between the guitar and violin.

It'd sound better if you played the same melody on both instruments but in harmony so there's not 2 different melodies going on at once that clash with each other.

Gimme five minutes and I'll try doing something with those....

EDIT : Can't do it right now 'cause I tried putting them separatly but imo the violin sounds awful so I'll record it again but I can't now 'cause my sister is at school and she brought her violin, and I can't record it with mine because it sounds bad.

gtr -> amp -> computer

or

gtr -> amp -> mic -> computer

or

gtr -> effects pedal -> computer

...or guitar -> good soundcard -> sequencer+plugins

Mystique1721 said:
^just forget about the blues one, and write a solo for this upcoming one.

I'd suggest that too. Unless someone wants to edit it in.

Corny said:
...or guitar -> good soundcard -> sequencer+plugins

I'm guessing that means adding distortion with a program instead of relying on the use of an amp?