Guitar Player's Thread

Oh ok.

CHEQUE DIS:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qyevax

I just zipped up a shit load of GP4's and ptb's that I have that I either transcribed or just copied out for fun. There's also some technique workout things in there so hopefully everyone can benifit from something in there.

I didn't add any COB or Sinergy etc 'cause it's all in the tab thread and let me tell you, that's nowhere near everything, just the good stuff really. Enjoy?

whoa :kickass:

I just returned from the "local" (cologne) guitarshop and I tested the Jackson RR24 and the Ibanez Xiphos. The Amp was a Powerball with an ENGL Vintage box (Because that's the equipment I have).

The Jackson RR24:
First of all: I can't understand why some people always bash this guitar. It is great, particularly because it's 1090 Euro.
The Sound is warm and the harmonics come easy.
Playability was cool, but don't await a wizard neck. It's a bit fatter than Ibanez Wizard necks, but I learned e-guitar on the strat of my father, so that was no problem. Some people whined because the access to the higher frets would be not so good. Well, I don't know how it is when you have short stubby fingers. I have "piano-fingers" and I had absolutely no problem.
The workmanship is ok. The paint jobs especially at the bevels could be better.

The Xiphos:
770 Euro (ca.) is a strong argument! It sounds great and agressive, I never expected something like this from Dimarzio, typical brand for guitar heroes.
Workmanship is good, but to achieve a better playability, you'll definitely have to set it up by yourself (or someone who does it for you). Plus, they put on .009 strings on the guitar, that SUCKS. Especially when you want to bend strings, you feel like playing spider webs. I played a 1 1/2 tone bend and the tone was far from being good.

In the end, it's all about personal preference. I like the tone of the jackson, I just can describe it with the word "sweet". And I like it's look much better than the xiphos (cool shape, but the sparkling red is weird).
Plus, they have different concepts: The Jackson has just 1 Pickup(EMG 81), the Xiphos has 2.

As I said, I would take the Jackson, but I have to admit: The price/value proportion of the xiphos is better.

^Kewl stuff, i visited my local guitar shop some days ago, they had just gotten in the RR24, but no xiphos. I for one hate the look of RR's and i'm not fond of the sound of EMG's, so maybe i was a bit biased when trying it. I didn't like the playabilty either, but I only tried it for a few mins though, so don't take my word for it. I would love to try out the xiphos.

(I use 0.009 btw :p)

I just returned from the "local" (cologne) guitarshop and I tested the Jackson RR24 and the Ibanez Xiphos. The Amp was a Powerball with an ENGL Vintage box (Because that's the equipment I have).

The Jackson RR24:
First of all: I can't understand why some people always bash this guitar. It is great, particularly because it's 1090 Euro.
The Sound is warm and the harmonics come easy.
Playability was cool, but don't await a wizard neck. It's a bit fatter than Ibanez Wizard necks, but I learned e-guitar on the strat of my father, so that was no problem. Some people whined because the access to the higher frets would be not so good. Well, I don't know how it is when you have short stubby fingers. I have "piano-fingers" and I had absolutely no problem.
The workmanship is ok. The paint jobs especially at the bevels could be better.

The Xiphos:
770 Euro (ca.) is a strong argument! It sounds great and agressive, I never expected something like this from Dimarzio, typical brand for guitar heroes.
Workmanship is good, but to achieve a better playability, you'll definitely have to set it up by yourself (or someone who does it for you). Plus, they put on .009 strings on the guitar, that SUCKS. Especially when you want to bend strings, you feel like playing spider webs. I played a 1 1/2 tone bend and the tone was far from being good.

In the end, it's all about personal preference. I like the tone of the jackson, I just can describe it with the word "sweet". And I like it's look much better than the xiphos (cool shape, but the sparkling red is weird).
Plus, they have different concepts: The Jackson has just 1 Pickup(EMG 81), the Xiphos has 2.

As I said, I would take the Jackson, but I have to admit: The price/value proportion of the xiphos is better.

Very cool, my guitar store still doesn't have the xiphos in stock, thanks for the great review, its given me a detailed incite on what to expect. I was hugley thinking about getting a xiphos.

Random: is it just me or has Muhammad switched his Dimarzios for EMG's?

It's good for the price, but I wouldn't really buy one. You should test it out if you can. Or save up for the F400 or 500, they're much better in my opinion. :)

hey mitch, i'm curious...why have you done all the sweeping excersizes and most of the necrophagist on PT instead of GP?

I didn't tab the Necrophagist tabs.

But I used to tab stuff in PTB because it was the first one I discovered and then only started to love GP more when I started tabbing drums 'n' stuff.

Good tabs Mitch. :) Most of them, are way too difficult for me though (As I expected, eheh). But who knows, maybe within a few years I'll be able to play them. :lol:

Good tabs Mitch. :) Most of them, are way too difficult for me though (As I expected, eheh). But who knows, maybe within a few years I'll be able to play them. :lol:

Don't be silly. What you should have said is: Most of them are way too difficult for me to play at the original tempo but if I play them at my own pace, I fucking rawk.

:kickass:

Well it's very true, too.

There's no point in putting something off just because it's too fast for you at the current time. Give it a shot and practise it at a tempo where it's comfortable for you and you'll get naturally better at it over time.

Well it's very true, too.

There's no point in putting something off just because it's too fast for you at the current time. Give it a shot and practise it at a tempo where it's comfortable for you and you'll get naturally better at it over time.

The fastest thing that I can play is stuff like SN,BN's intro... Sometimes I even play it faster that I should, eheh.
I've been learning by myself, it's not easy and I don't know much about theory but I've been making progresses so I'm not very worried. Anyway, the only reason why I don't usually try to play songs with a high tempo is because it will probably sound sloppy if I'll try to play it at the original tempo (Something that I can't avoid doing)... Eheh. But I guess if I don't try I will never be able to do it.