Guitar Player's Thread

That Luther does sound really nice, but I think I personally liked the Maxon more. The Luther was a bit too bright (though more clarity) while the Maxon seemed to have slightly more growl, but that's just me. Though that guy was also using an extremely different rig than I have (ESP SV and 5150 with Mesa Recto cab).

nah not just you it's me too, and I like the sound of the luther (with more clarity) better than the original ts808 just because it's a bit brighter like you said.I'm using a Blues Jr. myself and some Laney Lh50r so the sound I get out of it is exactly what I was looking for :D

@
cocob:
It's the Lutherdrive, 130 Dollar (93 Euro) is the International price including shipping.
Gearmanndude.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzi03J8IRno&feature=sub[/ame]

Opinions?
I think it looks pretty awesome. Right up there with his Angel of Deth model.

hey, i was just wondering if anyone can tell me some model names of guitars that have the same sorta shape as the RR or Alexi models.
I'd seriously appreciate it, coz atm ive found a Jackson RR24 on the internet for sale for $150AUSD :D Its black with red bevels.
But please gimme some model names!!

Horizon-NT7.jpg

*fapfap*

I'm no expert on Exodus, so I don't know if they use it live, but I know from Andy Sneap that they use a modded JCM800 for recording.

EDIT: They apparently also use a Marshall cab with the standard Celestion 75's, and an ESP V with EMG HZs.

Thanks! HZs? Really? And Gary plays with custom guitars from some weird brand (someone posted once the brand that does them, but can't remember the name), but dunno, sounds really balls to be HZs, doesn't it?

It'll also sound good because all the audio is recording direct probably

Direct as in what? AFAIK it's cab->mic->mix. If you mean that the vid is not a camera in the public recording, I know.

Exodus has been around FOREVER so like I'm sure overtime they have used a shit ton of different amps but most recently for that album and live performance they are using Peavey XXX.

Quote from the guitarist Gary

The marshall's are just for show in that DVD I guess lol the mic'd XXX's are on the sides of them

Thanks Alex! Gonna try and see if I can do a bit of trial on a XXX, because I really like the tone they're getting lately.

OMG! They don't even sound close!

CORT VX-2V BK
Cort_VX_V2.jpg

Cort VX-2V BK E-Guitar, solid Agathis Body, Bolt on 5 pcs. Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 24 Frets, Scale 25 1/2"/ 648mm, 2 EMG HZ Open coil Humbucker Pickups, Floyd Rose Double Locking III Tremolo, Black Hardware, Color Black

Thanks! HZs? Really? And Gary plays with custom guitars from some weird brand (someone posted once the brand that does them, but can't remember the name), but dunno, sounds really balls to be HZs, doesn't it?
My friend told me that he plays Schecter nowadays but on Shovel Headed Tour Machine: Live at Wacken he played Bernie Ricos. On Assorted Atrocities he played Schecter on few videos and they were from 2009. And about pickups I would say that he uses Seymour Duncan, at least his Bernie Rico guitars had ones.

Holy ballsac, my roommate just informed me that Megadeth, Testament, and Exodus are playing near us in march!

And the venue isn't huge either so that's even more crazy, the only times I've seen Megadeth It was in a huge stadium or something, this should be really awesome

and then Testament omgomg doool

IN! TO! THE! PIT!