Guitar Player's Thread

i have a old regular Black/White Stratocaster, and i decided to give new life to it, gonna change all the hardware and re-paint. i need suggestions about colors :(
So far the only one who has pleased me is this:

2strat_chrome_silver_inca_004.jpg

Looks cool.
I've always wanted to do something like that to a Strat, put DiMarzios/Duncans in, put on some straplocks, install a locking nut/tuners.
Good idea man.

i have a old regular Black/White Stratocaster, and i decided to give new life to it, gonna change all the hardware and re-paint. i need suggestions about colors :(
So far the only one who has pleased me is this:

2strat_chrome_silver_inca_004.jpg

Looks nice, i'd probably go nuts and get it painted in this color:

so-cal_01.jpg

The guitar my mom was building for me is finally done:

Some specs:
Gotoh Floyd Rose
Schaller locking guitar tuners
EMG 81
Neck-through
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Single abalone dome knob.
V fret abalone inlay.
And currently DR 11-50 strings tuned to D standard. =)

The frets and the bridge were eventually tweaked by a professional guitar builder in our town to make it better playable. It now plays like a charm and sounds awesome. When I have a camera I'll make a clip and I'll record some soundclips through my toneport.

How much did it cost to do all that?

That'd be awesome to make a guitar!

How much did it cost to do all that?

That'd be awesome to make a guitar!
I think around 1400 euros, it's mostly the paint job that costs a horrible load of money. The actual wood to build it is quite cheap. It was like a gift for the fact that i passed my final exams last year and the next 20 birthdays combined haha.

More Sklar antics from during our recording sessions last month:

He has been playing WAY too much call of duty, when I say "don't try this at home kids" I mean it :lol:

Before you call us COMPLETE idiots, we were in the middle of the mountains with no other residents living around for miles, and Sklar is certified in stage combat...

...Having said that, I agree this was a really bad idea, but a funny one

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a problem: the left channel of my headphone (beyerdynamic dt 770) is clipping all the way, while the right channel's volume is way too low. It didn't fall, or had any significant bumps, I don't know what happened, but it's freaking me out, as this is the most fantastic headphone I've ever listened to.
But any suggestions for what I can do, or what the problem might be?

I probably won't have warranty anymore as one of the rats of my girlfriend has bitten on the cable, the coating is a bit damaged, the cupper wires are still intact, and I doubt that might be the problem because that happened months ago.

But if it's fucked I won't hesitate to buy a new one, I love this thing.

Thanks in forward

More Sklar antics from during our recording sessions last month:

He has been playing WAY too much call of duty, when I say "don't try this at home kids" I mean it :lol:

Before you call us COMPLETE idiots, we were in the middle of the mountains with no other residents living around for miles, and Sklar is certified in stage combat...

...Having said that, I agree this was a really bad idea, but a funny one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfzfoqd90lg

:erk: I don't even know where to begin on how wrong, retarded and dangerous this is.

Got a problem: the left channel of my headphone (beyerdynamic dt 770) is clipping all the way, while the right channel's volume is way too low. It didn't fall, or had any significant bumps, I don't know what happened, but it's freaking me out, as this is the most fantastic headphone I've ever listened to.
But any suggestions for what I can do, or what the problem might be?

I probably won't have warranty anymore as one of the rats of my girlfriend has bitten on the cable, the coating is a bit damaged, the cupper wires are still intact, and I doubt that might be the problem because that happened months ago.

But if it's fucked I won't hesitate to buy a new one, I love this thing.

Thanks in forward

yyeeaah got the same headphone but I'm afraid I cant help you. Mine clip sometimes but that's not that bad because it rarely happens and i think its just the extreme compression :lol:

:erk: I don't even know where to begin on how wrong, retarded and dangerous this is.

Hence my disclaimer.

Sklar has a degree in acting and does professional stage combat during the summers. He's a certified instructor in unarmed combat, rapier/dagger, broadsword, short-sword, quarterstaff and others.

When he's not working with us, he is an actor at the Sterling Renaissance Festival and become Swift Nick; pickpocket and swordsman extraordinaire

20138_106969502653308_100000207755057_184608_5607301_n.jpg

:lol: