Guitar Player's Thread

Hm cool, is that like a brand brand new one? i don't remember it having chrome hardware...i dunno i remember the ones a couple years ago having a nicer vampyre finish

Nope, bought it "Like New" through Musician's Friend but it came in pristine condition. I would have been a fool to spend some $400 usd more just for peace of mind. It was probably a showcase floor model that was hardly played. About the chrome hardware, I don't know if it is an indication of a newer or older model, because the description said black hardware. Perhaps I can find out by checking the serial number?

I love maple fretboards. Is that a one piece maple neck?

Yup, set-thru construction and the whole neck is maple, not just the fingerboard.

Nice Loomis guitar !!!! I've always wanted one myself.

Thanks, they are very nice :D

I was wondering... Will the Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts give me a COBish sound (Hate Crew Deathroll style) or is the EMG HZ-H4 better for that kind of task?

I was wondering... Will the Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts give me a COBish sound (Hate Crew Deathroll style) or is the EMG HZ-H4 better for that kind of task?

Why not get the EMG ALX if you are after one of Alexi's tones....it is very versatile. Personally I prefer passives, but you may like the actives better.

On that note, reguardless of what PU you have, you should be able to get very close to his sound with just the amp. Just add lots of mids and not as much lows as you would prob think.

Here is a cool video I recently watched where he talks about his tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the Peavey 6505+ 112 combo and I was thinking do any of you guys have experiences with it or anything? I haven't been able to try one yet but according to some clips it sounds pretty good. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that it's apparently being manufactured in China(?) and I've heard some people talk shit about that; Like, it's not as reliable as the ones that they make in the U.S. etc.

Here's a link for more info on the amp: http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

So, any advice, opinion, experiences?

Thanks!

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the Peavey 6505+ 112 combo and I was thinking do any of you guys have experiences with it or anything? I haven't been able to try one yet but according to some clips it sounds pretty good. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that it's apparently being manufactured in China(?) and I've heard some people talk shit about that; Like, it's not as reliable as the ones that they make in the U.S. etc.

Here's a link for more info on the amp: http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

Thanks!

Well I know for a fact that it sounds good, I've played it at my friend's house, I love the sound and he really likes it too. I don't know if it's reliable though; he has a 5150 head and 412 for live gigs and only uses the 6505 in his home studio.

Thanks!

I used to own a 6505+ head and i can tell you its sounds awesome definitely one of my favorite amps i have ever played on.. and as far as reliability they are tanks