Guitar Player's Thread

I have one!

It's shit.

Edit: just to clarify, its shit because it truly is, it fails at distortion, it fails at clean, its somewhere in between while still being able to fail at a half-gain rock/blues tone. It sounds exactly as cheap as it is, plastic tone and no integrity what so ever. if it was 10$ it would be worth it for lulz, but its not worth 45 dollars. There are several different mini-amps out there, that i think fail slightly less though

I have one!

It's shit.

Edit: just to clarify, its shit because it truly is, it fails at distortion, it fails at clean, its somewhere in between while still being able to fail at a half-gain rock/blues tone. It sounds exactly as cheap as it is, plastic tone and no integrity what so ever. if it was 10$ it would be worth it for lulz, but its not worth 45 dollars. There are several different mini-amps out there, that i think fail slightly less though

Ever tried using a distortion pedal with it?

Like it sitting outside chilling mith my hollowbody, but its shit for anything else (never plug a sevenstring with actives into there :D).
I got the bigger version though (two speakers), its supposed to have a clearer sound because it's actually got some headroom.

New videos of Paul Gilbert explaining Fuzz Universe:

There is also another one where he demonstrates Don't Rain on My Firewood. Subscribe to this channel for frequent Paul Gilbert updates.

I love the little bit he adds at the end of the second video about *most* metal guitarists :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck Christian Muenzner is amazing. I'm going to go try to learn this and fail now lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit that's epic! :O Checking out his channel I saw he actually comments and gives feedback on Necrophagist and Obscura solo covers, that's so cool.

New videos of Paul Gilbert explaining Fuzz Universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiUnmJN_uSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq825JgBHSg

There is also another one where he demonstrates Don't Rain on My Firewood. Subscribe to this channel for frequent Paul Gilbert updates.

I love the little bit he adds at the end of the second video about *most* metal guitarists :lol:

Saw those this morning, was very cool to see these. The positions of the outside picking licks has been frustrating me since I first heard it and now I can put it to rest. :)

Full tab:
http://www.guitardojo.com/tabfiles/xfiles/MRDuCran_tabs/Paul Gilbert - 01 - Fuzz Universe.gp4

That guitar looks like it would be a little painful to play IMO.

My Jackson is V shaped but it doesn't have all though jagged edges like the BC Rich

I also bet that guitar is really neck heavy as there is really no meat to the body of the guitar.

Personally, I would get something a little less.....abstract looking, but this is your choice not mine.
Yeah man, tried today by a friend of mine and it's "unplayable" sitting down to be honest :bah:
Might get a "standard" V shape, though... Something like a DBZ Cavallo...

Saw those this morning, was very cool to see these. The positions of the outside picking licks has been frustrating me since I first heard it and now I can put it to rest. :)

Full tab:
http://www.guitardojo.com/tabfiles/xfiles/MRDuCran_tabs/Paul Gilbert - 01 - Fuzz Universe.gp4

Fantastic job on that tab Mitch! Your tabs have really helped me over the years, thank you.

I also have a question that you could probably answer. Is this considered D lydian:

2sbpsia.jpg

... or is it mixolydian? I think D lydian because the song is in F# minor, but then again I faintly remember Paul saying this was mixolydian somewhere on a lesson. I use this example from Fuzz Universe but I bring up this question because Vinnie Moore does these kind of sequences alot.

Yeah that's Lydian. Root, maj2nd, mj3rd, aug4th, per5th, maj6th, maj7th, so D, E, F#, G#, A, B, C#, D, with the bolded letters being the ones he uses. :)

I'm not sure on the positions Paul used to play that bit as I haven't seen him demonstrate it yet!

Holy shit that's epic! :O Checking out his channel I saw he actually comments and gives feedback on Necrophagist and Obscura solo covers, that's so cool.

Yes, I agree. That's how I found his channel actually. I have alot of respect for a guitar player that good who also takes notice of their fans. :)