Guitar Player's Thread

In 5 days my guitarist will be here permanently be here and I will rape in the but=ts and open for ensiferum and fintroll yes

What!?!? That's really nice dude :worship:

Any lead guitarists interested in this backing track? [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1971537082887774928"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1971537082887774928[/ame]

Sounds cool man! Are you just using the poweramp part of the Kustom? Edit: wait nvm I see what you did, compared the Kustom to the GP1K. My friend has a Kustom head and he bought it because one of the knobs was labeled "BALLS" :lol:

I did some messing around recording too during our practice yesterday. Just threw a bunch of mics in front of everything. Guitars sound like shit but who knows lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3269281/The Garndle - Output - Stereo Out.mp3

We all sucked dick at practice and were missing our bassist but it was still fun as hell. I think im going to record all of our practices so I can review them afterward. I think its a good way to see what needs improvements.

Sounds cool man! Are you just using the poweramp part of the Kustom? Edit: wait nvm I see what you did, compared the Kustom to the GP1K. My friend has a Kustom head and he bought it because one of the knobs was labeled "BALLS" :lol:

I did some messing around recording too during our practice yesterday. Just threw a bunch of mics in front of everything. Guitars sound like shit but who knows lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3269281/The Garndle - Output - Stereo Out.mp3

We all sucked dick at practice and were missing our bassist but it was still fun as hell. I think im going to record all of our practices so I can review them afterward. I think its a good way to see what needs improvements.

Yeah dude, it was like

sd1 > kustom > legacy cab > 57

new gear pics

9b71fd20.jpg

69b88183.jpg

DUDE YOU"RE PLAYING WITH ENSIRUERfM?!?

I love your singer.

What's the difference between playing on an amplificator with a very low volume and an amplificator with a very high volume output /w power attenuator ? Can it smooth out the playing? Oh, and my amp isn't a tube amp.

when I play at my neighbor's house, I can pretty much crank his line 6 spider II really high and my playing feels quite clear but when I plug myself on my Laney 15W hardcore max at home with a 2/10 volume output, I can hear all sorts of noise just by touching at the strings or the guitar.

different build quality/built in noise gate can give you that

power attenuators are used to get that "cranked amplifier" sound, you know, power amp distortion out of an amp at humane levels. It's useless on a non-tube amp.
You may also lose some dynamic range with a power attenuator.

Her back side is sexier
ddff79c7.jpg

I came buckets!

Necro delivers!

different build quality/built in noise gate can give you that

power attenuators are used to get that "cranked amplifier" sound, you know, power amp distortion out of an amp at humane levels. It's useless on a non-tube amp.
You may also lose some dynamic range with a power attenuator.

I see. So I should just buy a noise gate then.

DUDE YOU"RE PLAYING WITH ENSIRUERfM?!?

I love your singer.

There's a good chance. The booking guy is my friend and he said that he'd put us on the show as long as the tour manager allows time for a local spot on the show. He's not sure yet because the tour is still getting all confirmed and wont be officially announced until sometime in the next week.

So yea heads up dudes in North America, ensiferum and finntroll will be doing a tour!

Oh and your rig looks insane, very jealous! your poweramp blinds me

There's a good chance. The booking guy is my friend and he said that he'd put us on the show as long as the tour manager allows time for a local spot on the show. He's not sure yet because the tour is still getting all confirmed and wont be officially announced until sometime in the next week.

So yea heads up dudes in North America, ensiferum and finntroll will be doing a tour!

Oh and your rig looks insane, very jealous! your poweramp blinds me

That's awesome dude, I really hope you get to open for them!

We are playing with 36 crazy fists in oct. Maybe not our cup of tea but it'll be alot of kids there.

I'm adding more chrome soon with the kustom. no joke I dig it that much I'm rack mounting it when I get a 10 space.

95728422.jpg

Her back side is sexier
ddff79c7.jpg

Did you sand all your necks to make it unfinished?

Also, is that an OFR in gold? Could you tell a big differenece between the OFR and the one it came with?

Thinking of putting OFR on my RR24M, but my 7-string needs one too, so I'm trying to figure out which to get first.

Did you sand all your necks to make it unfinished?

Also, is that an OFR in gold? Could you tell a big differenece between the OFR and the one it came with?

Thinking of putting OFR on my RR24M, but my 7-string needs one too, so I'm trying to figure out which to get first.

Yeah fuck painted shit stains

And get a GOTOH floyd but the stock trem on the rr24 is just stiff and built shitty. Not as precise as my OFR at all.

Yeah fuck painted shit stains

And get a GOTOH floyd but the stock trem on the rr24 is just stiff and built shitty. Not as precise as my OFR at all.

So I am then assuming that the GOTOH is the same spec and size wise as the OFR?

What would make the GOTOH better than the OFR?

I thought they were pretty much the same??

Does that feel good ?
Thinking about doing that on one of my guitars ...

It kills.

So I am then assuming that the GOTOH is the same spec and size wise as the OFR?

What would make the GOTOH better than the OFR?

I thought they were pretty much the same??

They are pretty much the same but John suhr says himself he prefers gotoh rather then the hour of modification is takes to fix an ofr

Piss