Guitar Player's Thread

If anyone's interested in buying a Lee Jackson GP-1000 Perfect Connection Tube Preamp, there's one on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lee-Jackson-GP-1000-Perfect-Connection-Tube-Preamp-/350381242029?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item51945976ad)

Thanks for the heads up...but damn those are exspensive used. I think they cost about that much new back when they first came out.

I did read on the Lee Jackson site a while back that he was in the process of making that unit into some type of pedal..FWIW anyways.

The guy that enmity797695 posted is very uninspiring. Quit listening with your eyes, the music is lackluster and soulless. So I agree, he should do Necrophagist covers :lol:

And what has happened to Marty Friedman??? My god, he has turned into a complete queer.

Last edited by a moderator:
A noobish question... My guitar is at standard D at the moment (0.10-0.49)... I'm feeling like to play songs in drop C now... I tuned my guitar to drop C and it sounds like shit - what else... but I have one string left. A single 0.54 string. So could I change my low e-string with the 0.54 string or should I buy a complete new string set?

A noobish question... My guitar is at standard D at the moment (0.10-0.49)... I'm feeling like to play songs in drop C now... I tuned my guitar to drop C and it sounds like shit - what else... but I have one string left. A single 0.54 string. So could I change my low e-string with the 0.54 string or should I buy a complete new string set?

If all strings sound like shit I would replace them all. Plus you will have to re set up your trem once you put that heavier guage low E string on anyways. So might as well replace all strings since you will be adjusting things anyways.

I always use the light top/heavy bottom set from D'Addario (.10-.52) when I play in drop C. Some prefer more tension but I found this set to be perfect for me. They also make a Drop C set which is .12-.60, but I found that to be a little too much tension for my tastes.

It's just the low e string which sounds like shit. Anyways, I was just to lazy to go out and buy some thicker strings and don't want to wait until I got my new strings from ebay. Thats why Iwas asking. Floyd should have no problem with just one thicker string. The difference wouldn't be more than 1mm

In guitarland, we refer to our key by the positions we play, not how it'd compare to a piano, so you're actually gay for F#min. ;)

But I heard Teras solo and some Trivium song.

orly? Noted then, thanks.

And yes, Teras solo was in there and the Trivium song was The Decieved with a modified solo (that I gave up on halfway through lol)