Guitar Player's Thread

I remember somewhere online someone bought one of those 6505 1x12 combos used for like $350, literally sawed the thing in half above the speaker, threw some plywood on the bottom and tolexed it and voila 6505 head lol

I'm pretty sure it's been previously established that zirkonflex is a total fucking dinlow (as with most people who use default smiley avatars seemingly)

Yeah sure, avatar pics are untmost important to your posts :Smug:.

I was talking about the guitar having a very wierd and very rare scale.
Usual guitars range from 24.5 to 25.5 in scale length and longscales would be 27 then.
Im used to all of these scales and can play them, but the Loomis models are in 26.5 scale which feels really uncomfortable in my hands because its exactly between the scales I play and I already dislike baritone necks.
Theres some guitars with scales of that sort and I always really wonder why one would want to have that.
He probably did that because of a certain string gauge he wanted to use with his A# tuning, but its nothing for me.
Its especially evident in the "shredding are" where it would fuck me up on long runs down and up the neck because the fret space difference is adding up with every note.

I don't really see why you guys didn't understand that.

/ Oh I see, you where mistaking my "scales" for actual musical scales :D

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the Peavey 6505+ 112 combo and I was thinking do any of you guys have experiences with it or anything? I haven't been able to try one yet but according to some clips it sounds pretty good. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that it's apparently being manufactured in China(?) and I've heard some people talk shit about that; Like, it's not as reliable as the ones that they make in the U.S. etc.

Here's a link for more info on the amp: http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

So, any advice, opinion, experiences?

Thanks!

Played one and they are pretty sweet..for metal. Not very versatile though if that is what you are looking for.

Also, you would be better off getting a head and cab. That amp has some serious balls and in a combo you WILL get tube rattle when you turn that thing up.

Peavy is also making or has made a 6534 which is basically a 6505 but with EL34 tubes. Just throwing that our there as I think EL34 sound a little better than 6L6's.

I wouldn't worry about it being made in China. If it wasn't it would cost alot more. Who makes it doesn't matter, it's how they make it. People just always assume that if its made in China it is garbage.

Thank you people!

Yeah, well I'm looking for an amp for metal atm and will buy something a bit more versatile later. ENGL was my number one choice for a long time but I think it's a bit too expensive for me atm. I also was looking for for a good head/cab but since we lost our rehearsal place I decided to drop the idea. Don't need something that I can't use and I've heard that the 6505+ combo has enough power to play with a band so I think I will go with that one.

You will be very happy with it.

Most do tend to throw a Tube Screamer in front of it to tighten it up a bit.

Plus you can always make it into a head later if you decided to.

Sup, nigz!

What new going on around here?

I just sold my Ibanez MTM2 for 350 euros and bought a Ibanez RG7321 for 320 euros. Which btw is a fine guitar ;) Also got myself a MXR Smartgate which is quite okay (Paid 80 euros for it...new)

I am looking for some advice about organizing my pedals. I need a budget solution for a pedalboard which has room for 4-5 pedals and inbuilt power supply. Problem is, the MXR 10 band EQ has 18 volt power requirement...fffu. I've been eyeing the Gator pedalboards with the gator power supply under the board. Comes with a bag. Then velcro taping the fuck out of the pedals.

Ibanez weeping demon wah
MXR 10 band EQ
MXR Smartgay
Boss SD-1

has anyone ever heard anything about bare knuckle pickups, so far the reviews seem pretty good but i was wondering if anyone has ever played them .. btw im thinking of putting them in my esp eclipse which currently has seymour duncans (JB and 59)

has anyone ever heard anything about bare knuckle pickups, so far the reviews seem pretty good but i was wondering if anyone has ever played them .. btw im thinking of putting them in my esp eclipse which currently has seymour duncans (JB and 59)

Generally reviewers HAVE played them... That's they review them.

Sup, nigz!

What new going on around here?

I just sold my Ibanez MTM2 for 350 euros and bought a Ibanez RG7321 for 320 euros. Which btw is a fine guitar ;) Also got myself a MXR Smartgate which is quite okay (Paid 80 euros for it...new)

I am looking for some advice about organizing my pedals. I need a budget solution for a pedalboard which has room for 4-5 pedals and inbuilt power supply. Problem is, the MXR 10 band EQ has 18 volt power requirement...fffu. I've been eyeing the Gator pedalboards with the gator power supply under the board. Comes with a bag. Then velcro taping the fuck out of the pedals.

Ibanez weeping demon wah
MXR 10 band EQ
MXR Smartgay
Boss SD-1

I would just make one if I were you. Wood would be easiest and cheapest. Or buy some square tubing and make one that way.

You could buy the Boss DC Brick to power all your pedals as well. It has plug ins for 9v and 18v.

I would run the smart gate through the f/x loop if you have one though, so it doesn't really need to be on the pedal board at your feet. Same with the 10 band, unless you are using that as a lead boost.

So really you only need 2 pedals on the board and if you get the Boss tunner pedal it can power up to like 9 other 9v pedals with it.

So you really have a few option here.

I have actually been doing a lot of research on these as of late. Really interested in the Painkiller w/ camo cover.

From what I have head online and from reviews they seem to be great PU's. But they are exspensive.

The painkiller with camo cover would cost me about $220.00 US dollars, which IMO is a shit load of money for a PU. I paid less than that for my RR24M.

What you really have to ask yourself is this: Does the BKP sound 3x better than a DiMarzio, Duncan, EMG, etc...all the mass produced PU's which IMO sound pretty damn good.

I would love to try one but I just can't get over the fact of how much they cost and who knows if I will really like it once I hear it in person. I mean I am sure it would, but is it really worth the extra cost?

I have actually been doing a lot of research on these as of late. Really interested in the Painkiller w/ camo cover.

From what I have head online and from reviews they seem to be great PU's. But they are exspensive.

The painkiller with camo cover would cost me about $220.00 US dollars, which IMO is a shit load of money for a PU. I paid less than that for my RR24M.

What you really have to ask yourself is this: Does the BKP sound 3x better than a DiMarzio, Duncan, EMG, etc...all the mass produced PU's which IMO sound pretty damn good.

I would love to try one but I just can't get over the fact of how much they cost and who knows if I will really like it once I hear it in person. I mean I am sure it would, but is it really worth the extra cost?

yeah i know what you mean a set would cost me about 400$ CAD and would it be worth it idk my friend should be getting his set soon so i guess i will play his guitar through my set up and see what happens

I would just make one if I were you. Wood would be easiest and cheapest. Or buy some square tubing and make one that way.

You could buy the Boss DC Brick to power all your pedals as well. It has plug ins for 9v and 18v.

I would run the smart gate through the f/x loop if you have one though, so it doesn't really need to be on the pedal board at your feet. Same with the 10 band, unless you are using that as a lead boost.

So really you only need 2 pedals on the board and if you get the Boss tunner pedal it can power up to like 9 other 9v pedals with it.

So you really have a few option here.

Really? I always lived under the illusion a Noise Gate should be LAST in the pedal chain before the amp. Can you elaborate on this?

Thanks for the tips! And the Gator power supply seems like the cheapest...I get a good pedalboard with that aswell.

Really? I always lived under the illusion a Noise Gate should be LAST in the pedal chain before the amp. Can you elaborate on this?

Thanks for the tips! And the Gator power supply seems like the cheapest...I get a good pedalboard with that aswell.

Running a noise gate in front of the amp will take away noise from your guitar (pickups), or any pedals in front of the amp, such as OD. This generally refers to the high pitched feedback that you hear. Running one in the FX loop will eliminate the hiss/noise caused by your amplifier as you crank the gain/volume.

It will work both ways, but I have just always prefered to run it through the f/x loop as I don't get too much feedback, but I do get that annoying amp hum when its turned up.

yeah i know what you mean a set would cost me about 400$ CAD and would it be worth it idk my friend should be getting his set soon so i guess i will play his guitar through my set up and see what happens

Let me know what you think once you get to play it and hear it in person. See if its all it is cracked up to be.

Interval training is such an underratetd skill to have.

I'm still trying to get all those down by ear myself.

You just start learning theory?

Has anybody tried a B.C. Rich Draco? I was intrested in Draco Ghost, the white one with Floyd Rose, but I was wondering if it is "comfortable" to play sitting down, I mean like a Rhoads shape, 'cause I could find it on Internet only so I can't try it before.

That guitar looks like it would be a little painful to play IMO.

My Jackson is V shaped but it doesn't have all though jagged edges like the BC Rich

I also bet that guitar is really neck heavy as there is really no meat to the body of the guitar.

Personally, I would get something a little less.....abstract looking, but this is your choice not mine.