Guitar Player's Thread

Well no reamping guitars tomorrow because the UPS fucked up and delivered my gear to someplace other than my house and insist it was delivered to my house.

Same apparently happened to me two days ago, or anyway it was supposed to have arrived but no.

@Joonas - you will not break guitar...I repeat...you will not break it.

Unless you take all the strings off at one....j/p:D

I'd like to take them off all at once, so I can clean the guitar when it comes to it, but what's the risk about it really?

Some guys I know who block just stick a round piece of wood under the back, which I don't think is a very good way to block a trem.

on the contrary, it works like a charm. It did for me!

@Joonas: Just dont cut your strings off. Loosen them first and take them off one by one and you will be fine!

Ok some nutter replied to me in Youtube on the RL-600:

""I JUST GOT ONE FOR 400 KID HATED NECK HEAVY WEEK PUSSY WEAR A LEATHER 30.00 GUITAR STRAP.LOL ANY WAYS HE WAS A WINEY BITCH .I ONLY LIKE MAPLE OR ALDER USALY HEAVY IN NECKTHRU SITUATIONS AND ONE PICUP EMG 81 OR X2N DIMARZIO PASSIVE PUP.GET IT FLOYS WORKS FINE I NEVER USE FLOYD.USUALLY MY CHUCK SCHULDINER STEALTH CAUSE I LOOKS GREAT WITH STOP BRIDGE NOT MANY AXES LOOK AND STAY IN TUNE WITH OUT FLOYDS THOUGH .

HAD JACKSUN RR24M SAME SHIT ASS U HAS NO BOTTOM END NOT A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR IV HAD 300 RR GUITARS SOUND 100TIMES BETTER.THE RL-600 IS A FUCKIN BEAST BUY IT .""

He's had 300 RR guitars sound 100 times better than the RR24? Does this freak have any point?

Who?

I think this pic demonstrates well the shape differences between the ESP and Jackson

rr24vsalexidh4.jpg

Ok some nutter replied to me in Youtube on the RL-600:

""I JUST GOT ONE FOR 400 KID HATED NECK HEAVY WEEK PUSSY WEAR A LEATHER 30.00 GUITAR STRAP.LOL ANY WAYS HE WAS A WINEY BITCH .I ONLY LIKE MAPLE OR ALDER USALY HEAVY IN NECKTHRU SITUATIONS AND ONE PICUP EMG 81 OR X2N DIMARZIO PASSIVE PUP.GET IT FLOYS WORKS FINE I NEVER USE FLOYD.USUALLY MY CHUCK SCHULDINER STEALTH CAUSE I LOOKS GREAT WITH STOP BRIDGE NOT MANY AXES LOOK AND STAY IN TUNE WITH OUT FLOYDS THOUGH .

HAD JACKSUN RR24M SAME SHIT ASS U HAS NO BOTTOM END NOT A GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR IV HAD 300 RR GUITARS SOUND 100TIMES BETTER.THE RL-600 IS A FUCKIN BEAST BUY IT .""

He's had 300 RR guitars sound 100 times better than the RR24? Does this freak have any point?

He's absolutely right.

Actually, AL 600 vs RR24 debate can be summed up in one simple picture:

vzxagk.jpg

As you said, the RR24 is FINE, and there is no universal rule in what is a better guitar for you.

He's absolutely right.

Excuse me?? Tried them both, and I see no reason why the RL-600 is in any aspect better. Nor that the Jackson kicks its ass, but I really don't see where the hatred towards the RR24s comes from, besides the neurotic obsession of detaching oneself from the OMGAlexi image, which seriously is beyond stupid in this forum.

Excuse me?? Tried them both, and I see no reason why the RL-600 is in any aspect better. Nor that the Jackson kicks its ass, but I really don't see where the hatred towards the RR24s comes from, besides the neurotic obsession of detaching oneself from the OMGAlexi image, which seriously is beyond stupid in this forum.

Well the Youtube comment seemed hormone-driven in the first place. Can that be officially justified, or just taste preferences on sound, touch and other variations.

No bottom end? I love comments like that.

1. What amp is he using?
2. It comes with an EMG 81...we all know those have tons of low end.
3. He's owned 300 RR guitars? What models?

Just listen to any clip of the RR24 or 24M that isn't being run through a MG or Spider and you will be able to hear what it can sound like.

And yes, you can take all strings off at once and it will not break anything. Just remember that if you do be carfull turning guitar upside down. The trem will fall out and land on floor, foot, anything.

So now I made a mistake buying the RR24 instead of RL-600? :lol: FUCK. Actually it's been discussed here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/children-bodom/540255-ltd-al-600-vs-jackson-rr24-7.html

I think the RR24 is more than I deserve anyway so I should be just fine with it for many years. Of course it's a pure metal guitar, but I have another guitar that's got 2 pickups if I wanna play something different.

The RL is made from basically the same woods/material/construction (other than fretboard) except the 24 has an EMG 81. You decide if you made a mistake =P

Children of CoB said:
Excuse me?? Tried them both, and I see no reason why the RL-600 is in any aspect better. Nor that the Jackson kicks its ass, but I really don't see where the hatred towards the RR24s comes from

bCuz. Alexi's buddy r00pe plays it.

Children of CoB said:
besides the neurotic obsession of detaching oneself from the OMGAlexi image, which seriously is beyond stupid in this forum.

:lol:

2. It comes with an EMG 81...we all know those have tons of low end.

Basically, if you get shitty tone using an EMG 81, it's because you don't know how to make use of active pickups, especially one like the 81 which has the most flat and balanced response of them all, with no real shaping to it. This means it is very versatile (because it starts from ground zero and can go any direction) and with the right EQ tweaking you can make it sound amazing, but it also means if you don't tweak the tone to your liking, it'll remain sounding flat, which is why some people claim that "EMG's sound sterile." Essentially, 81's rule with some experience and time.