Guitar Player's Thread

Awesome guitar Joonas.

Welcome to the Jackson Bloodline!!!!

Did I not tell you you would love that thing one you had it. I can hardley keep from playing mine. My 7 string gets no attention anymore.

Awesome guitar Joonas.

Welcome to the Jackson Bloodline!!!!

Did I not tell you you would love that thing one you had it. I can hardley keep from playing mine. My 7 string gets no attention anymore.

I already feel like it's missing me back home from work to get attention :D Now just have to lift my playing to a new level as well.. should come automatically when there's more motivation to devote time to it.

Your playing will get better in time.

I know mine has progresses greatly since I got my RR24M. Now what I don't know is, is it becuase I like the guitar so much I play it a lot more, or is it because it is the easiest guitar I have ever played. Prob a combination of both.

How did it go setting up the trem and getting it tuned?

^Playing a lot IS a factor for your developing, the guitar I won't say it has no effect (it gives you extra motivation, feels better and all), but there's not much difference as far as developing goes if the guitar you're playing is well set, even if it's cheap. I play pretty much as well with my RR24 as I do with my brother's Stagg strato rip-off. All I say is, it's not the guitar's fault if you play bad, it just needs more time. But sure a new guitar (and a good one) gets you extra motivated. I've been without mine for a month and I can't wait to get it back :D

How did it go setting up the trem and getting it tuned?

It was fun, I first tuned it to D and then figured the trem is pointing lower than the body level, so I loosened the springs, and also leveled the fine tuners, then tuned it again from the head and that was it. I might be doing something in wrong order, but it's not very often I have to do it, so maybe the important thing is every time I do it I make sure the screws are in the middle of their moving range.

From low to high
GCGCGC

Where the C second from the left, is the same note as an E standard tuned down two steps, as a reference point

G would be a seven string B down two steps

Derpderp.

Had a spare guitar with no real purpose, so i just strung it up and tuned it this way to rock some 7 string songs for the moment. However, since its not a baritone guitar(measly 25.5 inch scale) the intonation is slightly off. Not good enough to properly record, but good enough to fuck around playing with :p

Very very easilly, its a very simple tuning :p

Major and minor scales are layed out so simple that even a child could do it. Arpeggios are a no-brainer.

It's basically a massive drop tuning, I suppose :lol:

Just got DR DDT 10-46 set. And Boy... Thoose strings kick some serious ass. Man I can drop it down from E to Drop B and notes sound clear. Damn got to love thoose.

From low to high
GCGCGC

Where the C second from the left, is the same note as an E standard tuned down two steps, as a reference point

G would be a seven string B down two steps

Derpderp.

Had a spare guitar with no real purpose, so i just strung it up and tuned it this way to rock some 7 string songs for the moment. However, since its not a baritone guitar(measly 25.5 inch scale) the intonation is slightly off. Not good enough to properly record, but good enough to fuck around playing with :p

buy a fucking bass ffs

>implying a bass sounds anything like a guitar

Besides, I already have one, and its tuned even lowar, bitch ;DD

Oh nice, I thought you played only guitar... what bass do you have, Franky-Frank?

If you say a Fender Jazz bass, then it's like miiiine (and I luv it). (=

Ahhh ok, I googled a bit to find some images about it and it looks lovely! (=

And I love a bass' sound, 'tis warm and makes a song less... "empty"? Yes, that's the word, at least if it's played like it should be played (aka, not the way I do :p).

Oh yeah, I know Telecasters... good oldies that never die! ^_*

By the way, lovin' your new avatar! She's so cute!! :)