Guitar Player's Thread

Yep!
Whats best about these behringer shit is that the tubes which can be found in some of their devices are tubes,yes! but are they included in the signalpath? no! do people think they get some awesome tube sound just because they see some glowing tube?yes!

do people think they get some awesome tube sound just because they see some glowing tube?yes!

Here's my amp, hand made and not one solid state component in it. My one was the first all black one he made and the first to have a rectifier valve. Pretty much one of a kind until/unless he makes others like it.

R.jpg

R1.jpg

http://www.reynolds-valveart.com.au

s

Cruising thru riffs in youtube @ work.. this is a nice and simple looking one that sounds DM
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCX2ddZ2c0M&feature=related[/ame]

I think for twisha's home recording purposes the behringer pre would be okay.
I'm pretty sure she just wants to do home demos and stuff and is just beginning, so I'm sure she doesn't want to spend money on expensive gear quite yet.
She just really needs phantom power and the behringer preamp has it, plus different outputs and some features that she might find useful.

I own one and It doesn't sound BAD it just doesn't enhance the sound of the mic as you would expect a high end pre.
People buy fancy $1,000 mic pre's to color the tone and give their signal some extra warmth, and most people dont need to spend money on these unless they are super serious or working professionally.
Most interface's nowadays have fairly good sounding, low noise, mic pre's built right into them anyways.

Twisha the best way would be not to plug it into your soundcard but to plug it into your pod (if you are recording the pod via USB), with all the amp models bypassed or turned off.
The pod via USB technically acts as an audio interface, and would give you better quality than your computer's microphone input.

So you would need
XLR Cable to from Mic to phantom power supply or the preamp, and then a normal 1/4 instrument cable from the powersupply/preamp to your pod.
That should get you in the ball game

Actualy twisha I just realized that the actual peice of gear that the behringer pre is based on is the same price
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...180581&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=41699112

They are probably very similar, same features, but some people would feel safer going with the ART pre because of reliability I guess.

Got it. Thank you so much Alex and Flo for all the info and help. I just need to get the XLR cable now and the preamp. Alex, I think I'll go with the ART if you're saying it's more reliable, plus the reviews on it are indeed better. I always use the pod via usb for recording, so I'll do the same for this scenario.

Thanks again guys! :)

I was speaking to this guy last night, I've known him for years but had no idea of his guitar skills.

He was the bassist for Sakistik Exekution.

s

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard set as in thickness? And yes I guess you should use a bit thicker strings. It's not like they'll get too loose otherwise, but if you need to play anything fast tighter strings will help, and also will sound stronger.

Do you know what the difference between the edwards E-AL128 and the E-AL-166 is? Is the 166 better (like ESP ltd 600 compared to ESP ltd 200)?

Fuck yeah got my JE1500 working.

Clips! :D

Finally got my Korg PX4D hooked up to my computer so that I could record it :D

Also - recently build a copy of the JE-1000 (I'm intending to sell a couple once I get good) - it looks really nice and is fully functional too. However the second one I build for a friend seems to have more of an effect in regards to the wah like sound so might be looking to replace my own sometime.
Anyways - I love JE-1000's and coupled with my recently modded Screamin Demon (changed magnet for a ceramic one) it sounds pretty awesome imo :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14613476/S...demo.mp3/ScreaminDemonCeramic+JE-1000demo.mp3

Nevermind the crappy playing tho :p the tone is awesome - the playing, eh not so much - but overall I'm satisfied :D