Guitar Player's Thread

Should be purchasing myself one of these for xmas.
638522.jpg

Solid guitars with a gorgeous tone, can't wait.

@Eddy: if they changed from the older models yeah, if not I'll have to dissagree. I have one sitting by my side, it's my roomate's, and it kinda sucks dick, I can't wait to get mine in from Spain. Maybe that one you're getting is a better model and sounds better, but this one is no good. Tone is not too bad, but the tuners go bananas after just one song.

Doesnt matter anyway, I went into the local music store and I've changed my mind anyway.
2009_Nov_0_08_1257702485.jpeg

Prophecy EX is on the cards now. Bit more expensive but EMG's and 24 frets. I can't help myself

Hello guys, I've just bought a Rocktron Intellifex "Blackface" unit and as I knew on beforehand it doesn't include a EQ. Can any of you guys recommend me a EQ. Rack unit or pedal as I don't like multieffect-boards at all. And max price has to be $150ish. Thanks ^^
BTW: I've been looking at these pedals: Boss Ge-7 (rumor says it got some hiss problems???) MRX 10 band EQ and I've been into the idea of buying a Alesis Quadraverb, but according to reviews the EQ isn't very good. Anyone who has tested or have this units are welcome to share their experience/opinion on them.

Got bored and made a video of me playing my guitar part for one of our songs.
The verse riff is so much fun lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys, I've just bought a Rocktron Intellifex "Blackface" unit and as I knew on beforehand it doesn't include a EQ. Can any of you guys recommend me a EQ. Rack unit or pedal as I don't like multieffect-boards at all. And max price has to be $150ish. Thanks ^^
BTW: I've been looking at these pedals: Boss Ge-7 (rumor says it got some hiss problems???) MRX 10 band EQ and I've been into the idea of buying a Alesis Quadraverb, but according to reviews the EQ isn't very good. Anyone who has tested or have this units are welcome to share their experience/opinion on them.

I currently own the MXR 10 band eq and it fucking kills! Very versatile as it is 18v not 9v like the BOSS. Played the BOSS and it is ok, but not as good as the MXR. MXR goes +/- 12 db and BOSS only does +/- 6 db if I remember right.

No comment on the other unit as I have never used it.

I got my MXR for $110.00 us dollars and that includeds the 18v power adapter.

nice thing if the first you have to do when you buy an axe is get new tuners and pickups.

..and volume pots, etc.

Cheap hardware is how some guitar manufacturers keep their prices down.

Face it, guitar companies know if you like a guitar but it's out of your price range, they can sell you one that's similar but cheaper and make a quick sale rather than wait for you to save up money for the real deal.

Also there is no p'up that will satisfy everyone, some people buy the Duncan Designed Jackson pups we throw away, they like the tone - it's all subjective.

s

I personally don't care whether some asian guy can play other peoples songs, it was far less better than the originals...the vocals were horrid

I agree. I don't think that his ability to cover peoples songs will help in his "taking over the world" either. He's a great guitar player, but his tone is just too different from some of those songs to effectively cover them. Michael and Christopher Amott have very distinct tone, and it's not something that Syu was able to top with SilverWing. LOL @ the first little roar the singer does too. Pissed off cookie monster ftw.