Guitar Player's Thread

Out of those I would get the Dime Wah from Hell. Has selector switch for frequency, a db boost, and has that traditional shape.

Another good one you don't have listed is the Ibanez Weeping Demon, does basically what the dime from hell does (having the adjustable rotary switches), but this one automatically turns off when you take your foot off the wah. And cheaper, cause it doesn't have dimes name on it.

Got a question, my roope has an unfinished/unpainted neck (or maybe it has some sort of satin finish)

Ive never had a guitar with this type of neck before, will it be safe to use dunlop 65 cleaner ?(the black and yellow bottle) on the unfinished neck?

I know lemon oil is bad for maple, but i wouldn't be oiling the back of the neck anyways, so just wondering about general cleaning sweat and shit off of

hey!

i got a problem: i have a peavey 6505 combo 112 60w which is a great amp. unfortunately now i only use it at home, which its too much watt for playin in an apartment and i cant get the best of it.

i have two choices now: 1º get an attenuator and use it on the amp or 2º sell the 6505 and buy a blackstar ht-5 which what i heard, its appropriate to play at home though it only has 5w

which is the best option? if i buy an attenuator (which is expensive) maybe the sound will be changed and it wont be good either, but if i sell the 6505 and buy a blackstar ht5, maybe i will feel that i did a step back, because its obvious the 6505 its a better amp than the blackstar and the ht5 isnt powerfull enough to play live if i later wanted to

so that leads to another questions: is the blackstar ht5 mini stack good enough to play live? and if i get that one, will it be less appropriate to play it in an apartment rather than a normal ht5 (because of the 2 cabinets)? and if i buy a normal ht5 combo can i buy later more cabinets for playing live? what if i buy the ht5 head and buy a small cabinet? would that be the best option of these all?

i appreciate your help! thanks

Got a question, my roope has an unfinished/unpainted neck (or maybe it has some sort of satin finish)

Ive never had a guitar with this type of neck before, will it be safe to use dunlop 65 cleaner ?(the black and yellow bottle) on the unfinished neck?

I know lemon oil is bad for maple, but i wouldn't be oiling the back of the neck anyways, so just wondering about general cleaning sweat and shit off of

You mean the black/orange? Sure, try it, I mean shit my pals be a man.

I have a rule on that: If ever in doubt, just use a soft (preferrably microfiber, softest/smoothest you can find), make it moist with lukewarm water and clean.

^ I don't really know, but did you ever end up getting that LTD Roope guitar? =P

Yup! Its teh awesome

168227_603761809773_44205939_34481825_7606824_n.jpg

Nice guitar! I really like that star shape, the gus g signature is another awesome looking one.

I think you would be okay using the dunlop 65 cleaner on the neck. I use it on my guitar necks, but all of them have a finish on them.

Yeah i tried it! worked no problem.

I'm taking that fucker out for it's first gig this weekend with Finntroll and Ensiferum.

Should kick ass. I've only had more traditional looking strat shaped guitars before this one and i bought it because I wanted a solid live guitar that looked cool as shit. I'm really digging it though, to my suprise it is super comfortable to play sitting down because of the 3rd wing. No awkward leg squeezing needed like with a rhoads to get it to be in the proper playing position.

The previous owner of the guitar moved the strap button down lower from its original position and now it has ZERO neck dive while standing up!
Idk why they don't put it in the proper position in the first place. Someone told me it is because they want to cut costs, and since maple is a very hard wood they end up putting the strap button on the alder wings to save money on more expensive drillbits.

Here's the change of the strap button position if anyone is interested.
2011-02-22_23-13-57_59.jpg

it's the same place that roope has it on his ESP customs, so I have no idea other than the drillbit theory why they would put it up at that original hole up top.
1226151881161_f.jpg

What Randall is that Alex? I've been debating between a Randall and a 6505+ for a bit. I remember you had said you'd rather have had the Peavey or something but is the randall any good?

Oh, and the Roope guitar is sexy as fuck. I like that it has the regular ESP headstock instead of Roopes silly Hockey stick looking thing.

Its my other guitarist's Randall T2. It sounds really heavy in a dark beefy way. Definitely a cool amp to check out! We used it on our recordings.
And I actually kind of like the banana headstock, but unfortunately gibson threatened to sue ESP for using that design so they cant offer that design on production models.
Same sort of thing with Jackson not letting them use the rhoads design for the USA Alexi's.

Its pretty lame that guitar companies have to patent and sue over shapes, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

hey!

i got a problem: i have a peavey 6505 combo 112 60w which is a great amp. unfortunately now i only use it at home, which its too much watt for playin in an apartment and i cant get the best of it.

i have two choices now: 1º get an attenuator and use it on the amp or 2º sell the 6505 and buy a blackstar ht-5 which what i heard, its appropriate to play at home though it only has 5w

which is the best option? if i buy an attenuator (which is expensive) maybe the sound will be changed and it wont be good either, but if i sell the 6505 and buy a blackstar ht5, maybe i will feel that i did a step back, because its obvious the 6505 its a better amp than the blackstar and the ht5 isnt powerfull enough to play live if i later wanted to

so that leads to another questions: is the blackstar ht5 mini stack good enough to play live? and if i get that one, will it be less appropriate to play it in an apartment rather than a normal ht5 (because of the 2 cabinets)? and if i buy a normal ht5 combo can i buy later more cabinets for playing live? what if i buy the ht5 head and buy a small cabinet? would that be the best option of these all?

i appreciate your help! thanks

If I already had the 6505 I would just buy a good attenuator. A good one will not effect the natural tone of that amp. The THD Hot Plate is supposed to be one of the best around.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/THD-Hot-Plate-Attenuator?sku=481283

If you do however get the ht-5 combo, as long as it has a line out for a cab you should be able to use it live with a cab so it is louder, but it being only 5 watts won't give you much headroom should you want to play things on a clean setting.

Its my other guitarist's Randall T2. It sounds really heavy in a dark beefy way. Definitely a cool amp to check out! We used it on our recordings.
And I actually kind of like the banana headstock, but unfortunately gibson threatened to sue ESP for using that design so they cant offer that design on production models.
Same sort of thing with Jackson not letting them use the rhoads design for the USA Alexi's.

Its pretty lame that guitar companies have to patent and sue over shapes, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

*Banana headstock high five*

I'm too one of the seemingly rare who actually like the look of it on Roope's stars

If I already had the 6505 I would just buy a good attenuator. A good one will not effect the natural tone of that amp. The THD Hot Plate is supposed to be one of the best around.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/THD-Hot-Plate-Attenuator?sku=481283

If you do however get the ht-5 combo, as long as it has a line out for a cab you should be able to use it live with a cab so it is louder, but it being only 5 watts won't give you much headroom should you want to play things on a clean setting.

the hot plate had been discountinued. im thinking on buying this german one becuse it looks to be awsome and good its easy to buy http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/english-store/TAD-Silencer-Power-Attenuator-RS-pid-385.htm what do you think? will it work on a 60w amp?

Ok, I don't usually do this but damn.....shut the fuck up.

Everything you respond with is dumb and pointless and for some reason you put z's in where they are not needed.

So I guess you are just trolling.

Anyways......

Nunofrg...that looks comparable to the THD hot plate so it should do the job. I had no idea THD quit making those. Could prob find used if you wanted.

ok! thanks a lot ;)

As an Explorer user and fanboy I also endorse the banana-stock.

I came here to say something about someone selling an RR24M on the cheap but I can't be bothered now

EDIT: I am also severely confused by the whole strap button placement thing on oddly-shaped guitars (Stars, Explorers, Warrior/Xiphos types etc.), it's only a simple aftermarket mod but it's a pain in the ass to change something that shouldn't really be that way. Not only is neck dive a problem, but so is wear, the strap pins on my explorer (whilst admittedly a few years old, I purchased it from someone else) became so loose in the holes drilled that I had to stuff them with toothpicks in order for them to fit (a temporary solution) until I had them re-drilled elsewhere.

*Banana headstock high five*

I'm too one of the seemingly rare who actually like the look of it on Roope's stars

I also like it better than the one the LTDs have, it fits better imo, and makes it different from Gus G's which I hate (yes I know it's the same shape, but hardware wise it's diferent and headstock was and I hate that guy's guts).