Guitar Player's Thread

^ Hey, did you audition for Berklee yet?

Auditioned Dec 14th, accepted Jan 31st :D

So you've just stopped playing electric?

Well I play jazz with my epiphone hollowbody...but yeah I don't really play much metal or anything. It's not like i don't want to but I've been really busy and I had to work on a lot of other things. Now that I have the time I might bust it out more often. I still have a lot of cool song ideas i want to flesh out

It's cool to be black atm.

:cool:

My gig with ensiferum and finntroll was ridiculous. The show was sold out, and I've never seen that club so packed. Hopefully that will show the promoter/venue owner that there is a huge non-core metal scene in my city and they should book more of those kinds of tours.

We had a horrible snow and ice storm that night and my car spun around off the highway into a ditch on the way to the gig, but luckily got winched out within like 20 min and I was okay and able to get to the gig on time. Fucking scary as hell, I've never been into a "car accident" before. I got really lucky that I didn't get hurt and my car is fine except for I hit one of those metal side road markers which put a nice dent in my door :mad:

Yay, I has recorded my guitar parts for my bands album :cool: Now I am guitargasming for buying a Ibanez RGT42 off my friends hands for 350 euros. Neckthru and korea made. Fuckyea :cool:

Wow! Where and when??

At a friends. A very skilled musician who has kind of a starter end studio. Already now we are having better results than the studio we were in last time. Everythings tighter and hes putting so much more time into it! Seems like it's more important that the producer has passion and some decent gear than a expensive ass studio and no inspiration and is careless.

The recordings have been going on since the mini-tour we had in December I think. We just had winter holidays so we did bass and guitar that week! Next weekend vocals and the the post-production! It's a 10 song record plus the intro!

We've used Logic 8 and a Line 6 UX-8 as interface and some mixer I know nothing of (the UX-8 is pretty amazing when used right...no UX-8 internal effects used on anything, just used as a interface to capture the signal)

At a friends. A very skilled musician who has kind of a starter end studio. Already now we are having better results than the studio we were in last time. Everythings tighter and hes putting so much more time into it! Seems like it's more important that the producer has passion and some decent gear than a expensive ass studio and no inspiration and is careless.
/QUOTE]

Yes, fucking yes. It's also helpful to have a producer who is a musician.

We've used Logic 8 and a Line 6 UX-8 as interface and some mixer I know nothing of (the UX-8 is pretty amazing when used right...no UX-8 internal effects used on anything, just used as a interface to capture the signal)

Logic 8 :lol:
What's so amazing about the UX-8? Seems like you just used it as an interface to record the signals coming from the mixer. There are interfaces which are much better and cheaper.

Nice buy on the RGT42

I had one in sparkle red (technically still do) and it was great until i scalloped it/dropped it/ gutted it/ruined it. The trem on mine sucks but because all the moving parts super old and rusted/corroded shut.

I really want to get this one someday though

RGT42MDXWH_maple_fretboard_bk_sharktooth_inlay.jpg

hey guys, i have something to tell you all:

i would like you guys to know that i have a dean guitar which i broke the locking nut of it and i had contacted dean guitars through their customer service email (i gave my guitars serial number) asking for a new one which i was willing to pay for it. Not only they answered right away, but fully sent to me the locking nut (i received it today) and for free, all the way through the US. i wasnt really expecting they would even answer me even though its a small thing, because nowadays you dont see such class service like this out there (for example i sent an email to emg saying that the emg alx pickup i just had bought were missing some cables and they didnt answered me yet...)
so i felt in the right to give this positive feedback of them =) just to let you guys now the guys at dean guitars are amazing and its a company which i totally trust now.

Thats very good on Deans part.

In little defense for EMG....my ABQ started rotating past full and sarting back at zero, so I contacted EMG about buying a new one...they proceeded to tell me they do not sell the ABQ by itelf, but not to worry as they would send me a new one free of charge......4 days later it came in the mail.

Your best bet to get things accomplised though EMG is to go on their forum and start a thread about it....an EMG rep will PM you shortly after that. Or at least that's what happened in my instance.

Thats very good on Deans part.

In little defense for EMG....my ABQ started rotating past full and sarting back at zero, so I contacted EMG about buying a new one...they proceeded to tell me they do not sell the ABQ by itelf, but not to worry as they would send me a new one free of charge......4 days later it came in the mail.

Your best bet to get things accomplised though EMG is to go on their forum and start a thread about it....an EMG rep will PM you shortly after that. Or at least that's what happened in my instance.

hm well that was nice from emg too
i read once someone reclaiming something on the emg forum and the guy just said to contact the customer service. i copied the idea and did the same, so i contacted the emg customer service and nothing.. but maybe thats just me =S