Guitar Player's Thread

I know almost no theory and I always refer to frets and never to notes since it makes no sense, u mad cobot?

auftds.jpg

I know almost no theory and I always refer to frets and never to notes since it makes no sense, u mad cobot?

See Frank's post.

What drives me nuts is how all guitarist can't agree on how to say a tunning.

I call it drop C and some other guitarist wants to argue with me saying I should call it drop D tunned down 1 whole step.

Or I call it D standard and they say, no it should be E standard down a whole step.

WTF over?

I've never encountered that. What REALLY drives me nuts is when people spell tuning WITH TWO Ns. IT'S ADDING ANOTHER LETTER TO MAKE IT INCORRECT FFS FUUUUUU

you used to be cool man

/wrists

I like how the kids has all these opinions on how guitarists should know their notes but he can't change strings without breaking at least one string :p

:err:
I've never encountered that. What REALLY drives me nuts is when people spell tuning WITH TWO Ns. IT'S ADDING ANOTHER LETTER TO MAKE IT INCORRECT FFS FUUUUUU

What really drives me nnuts is whenn people act like the spelling police on a forum. C'monn this isnn't school and I donn't give a fuck.

Maybe I just stutter in real life and it shows i nmy typing?

Do you neglect correct math in the same way?

"2+2 isn't 4 dude"
"C'MON MAN THIS ISN'T SCHOOL AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK"

I'm trying to decide between a 2x12 Mesa or Orange cab for my 5150. I've heard people say the Mesa has more lows/low mids, with the Orange having more mids/upper mids and being tighter and crisper. Everything is subjective though because I like a balanced sound that is able to go both ways when I am wanting that specific sound. *shrug*

Anyone have played the 5150 through both of these (or similar enough circumstances) and can offer input?

I haven't ever played an Orange of any sort, but if that's the feedback you're getting from it that sounds great to me actually. I'm not a big fan of Mesa, so I'm trying not to be too biased, I just prefer that tighter and crisper sound as you mentioned over the low heavy stuff like Mesas. That could just be me though. I think one of the best cabs I've ever played, or maybe it was just the amp, which was the same brand, but it was a VOX, and it had surprisingly great tone for a brand that doesn't usually specialize in high gain/metal style playing. They're affordable too if that's any sort of plus to you. I used to run it a tube screamer with it, but it's not completely necessary. To answer your question though, I'd give the Orange a try. If you don't like it, sell it and try out a mesa.

BAAAAAAAAAASICALLY, I've been without an amp for quite a while, due to money restrictions and blah blah.

I picked up a Line 6 POD GX, the USB input device that you plug in and use with Line 6's PODFARM software. I got well into this and have actually found a decent sound with this that's pretty high gain, but not thin or tinny or noisy.

Now I'm looking for a pedal. Gigs that I do around here involve me using venue's amps and a lot of them are shitty Marshalls. I'd like a pedal that's high gain and not thin and tinny like a lot of pedals that I've heard. I also want to be able to do a lot of leads without them being too irritating in terms of their tinniness.

It's pretty tough to find one, to be honest. Obv the Line 6 set up that I have is a modeller, so I could look into some modelling or multifx stuff, like Zoom's G line. I wanted to get some advice on stuff first.

tl;dr, a good distortion pedal for folk/melodeath metal that's high gain but not to weedy and thin. Also, multifx/modellers?

Cheers, guys.