Guitar Player's Thread

I did, it sounds great actually. I have the halfstack version of it, which is a little different, but all you really need is the combo amp. Stacks and so on are really just for show and the combo sounds just as good so you have my vote.

We're getting the 6505 combo in at work on monday hopefully :D Gonna bring my guitar down and thoroughly test it! And trust me, I've read and asked so much, the 6505 is kind of THE metal amp it seems.

if you can, post a pic and review when you do it !

Edit: found a new Peavey 6505 112 60W 1x12" for $500... yay or nay?

yeah I'll probably go for it, but my only concern is whether or not I'll be able to take the amp with me as a carry-on in the plane :/

hey guys i need some advice with handling marshall and fender amps.

i have this fender frontman and a marshall mg100hfx and i really cant deal with them in the rehearsal studio that i go. i dont know how to get a good tone out of them, even with a distortion and overdrive pedal.. can anyone tell me a good advice of eq. to use on them?

thanks!

hey guys i need some advice with handling marshall and fender amps.

i have this fender frontman and a marshall mg100hfx and i really cant deal with them in the rehearsal studio that i go. i dont know how to get a good tone out of them, even with a distortion and overdrive pedal.. can anyone tell me a good advice of eq. to use on them?

thanks!

Honestly you just need a better amp. Neither of those are going to give you any good tone, I guess make sure you have mids up and keep the highs relatively low?