Guitar Player's Thread

What guitar are you putting it in, what purpose do you want it to serve, and how would you describe the tone of your ideal neck pickup?

Schecter Omen Extreme (basswood body/ maple top). Purpose ? To play some lead (somtimes) and for some clean tones (because that's my only el. guitar at the moment). Ideal tone - hmmmm... I'm not a big fan of neck pickups, I just don't like that doooh dooh type sound, so I wan't it to sound clean (like bit sterile). I hope you get my point, right now I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on jazz.

Right now I'm ampless - I have just JamVox. Reason But having a empty space in the place where neck pickup should be doesn't look too cool and stock pickups are shit anyway.

second day of classes at the conservatory I'm at. Everything is fucking boss. Tested out of music lit (extensive knowledge of classical music history ftw), had amazing auditions for choir and jazz ensembles today. the choral directors want me for chapel choir, the most advanced one, and I fucking raped the rhythm section auditions...I can easily see myself in some of the top jazz ensembles too. Fucking stoked.

Wow I'm a bit confused at the moment. There's propably an answer somewhere on the interwebz but reading through 10000 pages of some stupid forum filled with fanboys isn't that tempting.

Ok, so I'm saving up for a new guitar. My budget is around 1200-1800€ and I want a good goddamn guitar (with original floyd rose) which I can play gigs with and use it in a studio. At the moment I have ESP LTD MMV Sn 07, which is also my first guitar. It cost 300€ used.

I want to invest at least over 1200€ to my new guitar and I've been thinking Jackson RR24 or RR5 FR, which both are around 1200-1300€. But I've seen many comments about getting one with 600€ (used), which is how much my current MMV costs new so that's kinda confusing. The value seems to drop quite fast, but it's okay since I'm never going to sell it, but the guitar HAS to be still in a good shape after years of use. Are these even quality guitars and/or can you get a significantly better one by investing couple hundred euros more?

Anyway, I'm not going to buy a new guitar till next march, so there's plenty of time left finding a good guitar, which plays good even after years of use.

Wow I'm a bit confused at the moment. There's propably an answer somewhere on the interwebz but reading through 10000 pages of some stupid forum filled with fanboys isn't that tempting.

Ok, so I'm saving up for a new guitar. My budget is around 1200-1800€ and I want a good goddamn guitar (with original floyd rose) which I can play gigs with and use it in a studio. At the moment I have ESP LTD MMV Sn 07, which is also my first guitar. It cost 300€ used.

I want to invest at least over 1200€ to my new guitar and I've been thinking Jackson RR24 or RR5 FR, which both are around 1200-1300€. But I've seen many comments about getting one with 600€ (used), which is how much my current MMV costs new so that's kinda confusing. The value seems to drop quite fast, but it's okay since I'm never going to sell it, but the guitar HAS to be still in a good shape after years of use. Are these even quality guitars and/or can you get a significantly better one by investing couple hundred euros more?

Anyway, I'm not going to buy a new guitar till next march, so there's plenty of time left finding a good guitar, which plays good even after years of use.

http://www.thomann.de/de/esp_sv_standard_bk.htm now pull the trigger on it.

The value seems to drop quite fast.

Then look for one that's recently bought or hasn't had much use.

but it's okay since I'm never going to sell it.

Then re-sale value has no importance, if you buy a limited edition of anything the re-sale value will keep if not improve.

the guitar HAS to be still in a good shape after years of use.

That's a bit contradictory. Personally I prefer to buy new, years of use tends to wear frets and there's only so many times you can re-fret a fingerboard. Also some people have really corrosive sweat and you don't want a FR bridge that's all cruddy. If the guitar's been knocked about a bit the neck could be a bit loose, the trem shot, etc. I guess you'll play it first before you buy it but my preference for guitars is to buy new, stick with the guitar you have and save up that bit extra if you're really comfortable with spending that amount on a guitar.

s

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD The coolest axe ever! Except my Ltd is black so I'm going with the white one.

All the reviews I've read says it's a perfect guitar, too bad my local music shops don't sell it. But I hope at least Thomann still sells it next march.

That's a bit contradictory. Personally I prefer to buy new, years of use tends to wear frets and there's only so many times you can re-fret a fingerboard. Also some people have really corrosive sweat and you don't want a FR bridge that's all cruddy. If the guitar's been knocked about a bit the neck could be a bit loose, the trem shot, etc. I guess you'll play it first before you buy it but my preference for guitars is to buy new, stick with the guitar you have and save up that bit extra if you're really comfortable with spending that amount on a guitar.
Yep, I was thinking like 5-8 years, but it's obvious the guitar will wear out some day. But it won't matter cos I hopefully have a job when it happens, so I can always buy a new one.

Edit. BTW, what does STD stand for?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD The coolest axe ever! Except my Ltd is black so I'm going with the white one.

All the reviews I've read says it's a perfect guitar, too bad my local music shops don't sell it. But I hope at least Thomann still sells it next march.

Yep, I was thinking like 5-8 years, but it's obvious the guitar will wear out some day. But it won't matter cos I hopefully have a job when it happens, so I can always buy a new one.

Edit. BTW, what does STD stand for?

STD - standard.