Guitar Player's Thread

sweeps=some were good, some were sloppy.
legato=epic fail

sure he's better then me but :rolleyes:

mystique, do you have any vids/recordings of yourself?

dude, you obviously have no room to talk and were trying to insult someone when you are just a spoiled fag yourself. The only video i have seen of you was terrible beyond words so thanks for the critique but I'd rather hear it from someone who can actually play guitar.

And if you want to talk about epic fails why not post your vids again :p

nice slow 3 string arpeggios, i could play that after a week of getting my first guitar. Everything else was sloppy and horrible bends.

I thought I'd upload some stuff too. It's just a few recent tabs and some old recordings that noone, or hardly anyone has heard before.

Most of them are around at least half a year old and I don't think my vibrato was as focused back then so that would explain some of the shitty notes 'n' stuff but I suckz even more now.

All I Want Is Everything was alot of improv so I messed up a few times, same with the Joe Satriani one but that was more of a general jam than an actual serious recording. The only thing I edited out was unwanted noise before/after takes. Everything else was a one-take thing.

That one was a jam with my friend from school/college and that's his fave Satch song so he came round and we recorded it just like that. He only re-learnt it the night before and I pretty much just tried to remember it on the day too so it's not as polished as I'd like but it was loads o' fun.

Just incase anyone cares, I'll write down the times that we both played to stop confusion.

Joe Satriani - The Crush of Love (with special guest!!!):

00:04 - 00:49: Matt
00:41 - 01:14: Mitch
01:14 - 01:49: Matt
01:50 - 02:25: Matt
02:26 - 02:58: Mitch
02:59 - 03:33: Matt
03:33 - 04:08: Mitch
04:09 - 04:27: Matt

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8h9jw

Btw, that Opeth and Crush Of Love thing were both recorded with one of those Line 6 Spider II amps.

nice slow 3 string arpeggios, i could play that after a week of getting my first guitar. Everything else was sloppy and horrible bends.

What's with the hate? He's learning, everyone does at different paces.

I just wish i started playing guitar that young.