Guitar Player's Thread

I thought I'd upload some stuff too. It's just a few recent tabs and some old recordings that noone, or hardly anyone has heard before.

Most of them are around at least half a year old and I don't think my vibrato was as focused back then so that would explain some of the shitty notes 'n' stuff but I suckz even more now.

All I Want Is Everything was alot of improv so I messed up a few times, same with the Joe Satriani one but that was more of a general jam than an actual serious recording. The only thing I edited out was unwanted noise before/after takes. Everything else was a one-take thing.

That one was a jam with my friend from school/college and that's his fave Satch song so he came round and we recorded it just like that. He only re-learnt it the night before and I pretty much just tried to remember it on the day too so it's not as polished as I'd like but it was loads o' fun.

Just incase anyone cares, I'll write down the times that we both played to stop confusion.

Joe Satriani - The Crush of Love (with special guest!!!):

00:04 - 00:49: Matt
00:41 - 01:14: Mitch
01:14 - 01:49: Matt
01:50 - 02:25: Matt
02:26 - 02:58: Mitch
02:59 - 03:33: Matt
03:33 - 04:08: Mitch
04:09 - 04:27: Matt

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8h9jw

Btw, that Opeth and Crush Of Love thing were both recorded with one of those Line 6 Spider II amps.
Quoted for awesomeness.
I'll sound boring to everyone's eyes but, as I often did, I have to say again that this guy's recordings are some of the best.
I can say nothing about the tabs 'cause I don't understand them (even if I'm sure that they're near perfect, everybody knows how good you are), but the rest is great stuff, Mitch.
And for some reasons that I don't remember properly I had already heard the "All I want is everything" and the "Black Star" ones, they've always been among my favourites.
But well, anyway, really a good job... thanks for posting those your recordings, you should post more of your stuff here, anybody would enjoy listening to them.

sweeps=some were good, some were sloppy.
legato=epic fail

sure he's better then me but :rolleyes:

mystique, do you have any vids/recordings of yourself?

Seriously. Fuck off. You're acting just like a 13 year old would in this situation......Oh..wait.

well i think i've kinda earned the alexi:rolleyes:

and thanks

oh yes, i got the original hard shell case that came with the alexi finally! its really nice. my wife will never get hurt again :)

I got a fuckin Gator extreme case...its extreme in its goddamn weight. How heavy is alexi case? maybe it woud fit rr24. Well from my point of view i earned my rr24 the way i didnt get it from rich ass dad as someone might get(and no my dad aint fuckin rich so i coudnt have) :lol: :) i got it with my money:D well...i would prefer a softcase over the gator anyday. Clumsiest case ever and i swear its almost as big as me LOL :lol:

I thought I'd upload some stuff too. It's just a few recent tabs and some old recordings that noone, or hardly anyone has heard before.

Most of them are around at least half a year old and I don't think my vibrato was as focused back then so that would explain some of the shitty notes 'n' stuff but I suckz even more now.

All I Want Is Everything was alot of improv so I messed up a few times, same with the Joe Satriani one but that was more of a general jam than an actual serious recording. The only thing I edited out was unwanted noise before/after takes. Everything else was a one-take thing.

That one was a jam with my friend from school/college and that's his fave Satch song so he came round and we recorded it just like that. He only re-learnt it the night before and I pretty much just tried to remember it on the day too so it's not as polished as I'd like but it was loads o' fun.

Just incase anyone cares, I'll write down the times that we both played to stop confusion.

Joe Satriani - The Crush of Love (with special guest!!!):

00:04 - 00:49: Matt
00:41 - 01:14: Mitch
01:14 - 01:49: Matt
01:50 - 02:25: Matt
02:26 - 02:58: Mitch
02:59 - 03:33: Matt
03:33 - 04:08: Mitch
04:09 - 04:27: Matt

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8h9jw

Btw, that Opeth and Crush Of Love thing were both recorded with one of those Line 6 Spider II amps.

hmmm....i hope i was as good as you:cry: :worship: how long have you been playing ?

for the record no-one gives a shit about omgalexi guitars anymore.

Now lets get back to the mature discussion of guitar playing, before this thread ends up like every other thread on the board.

This is gay as fuck but also awesome at the same time:

Last edited by a moderator:
for some reason i can't download mitch's file :/ na ja i will try later on again.
here few pics i found..... man, it looks awesome but totally un playable guitar.

11827163523gy1.jpg

11827163572qp4.jpg

11827163654zg4.jpg

11827163776nr3.jpg
11827163857nz4.jpg

for the record no-one gives a shit about omgalexi guitars anymore.

Now lets get back to the mature discussion of guitar playing, before this thread ends up like every other thread on the board.

This is gay as fuck but also awesome at the same time:

Ozielzinho is probably my major influence.

There's few people that can improvise this cleanly.

Oziel is not known here, the only small recognition at national level, was a tablature website contest, that he won with "the best composition", but the constest is only know by guitar players

Oziel is not known here, the only small recognition at national level, was a tablature website contest, that he won with "the best composition", but the constest is only know by guitar players

I wonder why? Technically, he beats pretty much everyone atm. And his songs are really "listener-friendly" to people who don't know music that much.

This is the other dude I think rocks, but everyone's probably seen this before.

Why is everyone so obsessed over this? It's fast but his tone is terrible and it's sloppy all over the place. There's a bit in it that's cool where he's tapping but that's about it.

I wonder why? Technically, he beats pretty much everyone atm. And his songs are really "listener-friendly" to people who don't know music that much.

oh well :erk: this was the last summer musical hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv09kaLtBh0

definitly he is one of the best, but 'internet sucess' don't last and easily forgotten... he did some gigs, like opening for Evergray and some workshops with Kiko Loureiro, but he likes to play in churches ¬¬