Guitar Player's Thread

I've been using DR 11-50's for abotu 2 months now and recently I've noticed that I've been breaking the high E nearly every week. :erk:

I might go back to 9's or just use a different brand (since my local music shop won't be getting anymore DR's in anyway, I'll have to).

Not really. I play harder than most people so I think that would explain it. I've tried Elixirs on 2 occasions and they're not much different. When the coating stuff starts to come off, they feel horrible so they only really last a month before that happens. DR have been the best I've used so far for feel.

I've been using DR 11-50's for abotu 2 months now and recently I've noticed that I've been breaking the high E nearly every week. :erk:

I might go back to 9's or just use a different brand (since my local music shop won't be getting anymore DR's in anyway, I'll have to).

You break .11s and you want to switch to .09? :lol:

Yeah it probably did, I should have split it up or maybe explained it a bit better. It's just recently I've been really getting into really heavy and wide vibrato and trying to play everything as "mean" sounding as possible because it's how Paul Gilbert sounded in the 80's and it's the sound I love, but it was around the same time that I switched to 11 gauge strings so even though I'm playing harder, it may seem to me like I'm going nowhere because the gauge is thicker and therefore harder to shake like a motherfucker (lol).

Sooo I was thinking if I try 9's again, I'll be able to really tell if my vibrato has improved or not since I've always used 9's before I switched to DR which was about 2/3 months ago. I do realise the tone of the string won't be as smooth but at least I'll know.

Paul Gilbert is pwn. His Ibanez's are tasty.

P1010018.JPG

They're pretty badass but I couldn't get passed the fixed bridge. I'm super fussy when it comes to guitars and having a floating bridge is pretty much obligatory for me.

I think Pau Gilberts guitars look great!

At first I kinda disliked the "f-holes" too but I think it makes the guitar look more unique. And that's a good thing imo. :)

I bought my first set of DR strings (0.10-0.46) yesterday. I'll be putting them on propably on next week or something. Also bought Dunlop Jazz III picks (these also for the first time :erk: ) and I think it's way more easy to play with those. Too bad I started to use them after I already have been playing for about seven years. :erk: :D

PG's guitars are ok, I don't like the white one much though. It's just like everyone jerking off over Vai's white Jem when he's designed ones that are farrr nicer imo. I prefer PG's PGM200 and his purple Telesalavas on Intense Rock I.

*yes

I think Pau Gilberts guitars look great!

At first I kinda disliked the "f-holes" too but I think it makes the guitar look more unique. And that's a good thing imo. :)

I bought my first set of DR strings (0.10-0.46) yesterday. I'll be putting them on propably on next week or something. Also bought Dunlop Jazz III picks (these also for the first time :erk: ) and I think it's way more easy to play with those. Too bad I started to use them after I already have been playing for about seven years. :erk: :D

haha i'm thinking about buying the Dunlop's now :lol: i play for 6 years now :lol: :erk: