Guitar Player's Thread

I don't like the normal Jazz III's, they're too small so I (sometimes) use Jazz II XL's. They're the same picks, just normal size.

I've been using jazz picks for as long as I can remember playing guitar serisously.

I kinda gave up on Dunlop Jazz IIs though, right now I use the Tortex H3, and Dunlop 1mm-3mm jazz stubbys.

I think Pau Gilberts guitars look great!

At first I kinda disliked the "f-holes" too but I think it makes the guitar look more unique. And that's a good thing imo. :)

I bought my first set of DR strings (0.10-0.46) yesterday. I'll be putting them on propably on next week or something. Also bought Dunlop Jazz III picks (these also for the first time :erk: ) and I think it's way more easy to play with those. Too bad I started to use them after I already have been playing for about seven years. :erk: :D

I've been using the Jazz III for seven months, just recently switched to Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm. Alot easier to play with those imo.

When I saw Bodom in 2005 I think it was, that blonde threw his pick at me..
when I got home I wanted to play guitar and that was the only pick I had and I liked it, so since then I've been playing JAZZ III

The PGM looks cool btw, but I'm more into pointy shaped guitars... BUT it's not all about looks, they play and sound really awesome. JEMs are great too, in looks I prefer a Rhoads or Kelly tho

So I ended up sticking 9's back on my Ibanez and I definitely prefer the feel of them over 11's. I can also get the action lower because the strings are thinner so I'll probably use 9's forever now and probably write songs in Eb or something.

i puted 11s on mine :( and i had to lift the bridge a bit... i'll back to 9s soon

If your ever in doubt I say get 10's because they are the best for a standard set of strings, 9's usually break very easilly especially with a floating trem, and 11's tend to be a bit too much for some people, so it's best to go in the middle.

Peronsally, I use 11's on my Explorer for that chunky rhythm tone.

If your ever in doubt I say get 10's because they are the best for a standard set of strings, 9's usually break very easilly especially with a floating trem, and 11's tend to be a bit too much for some people, so it's best to go in the middle.

Peronsally, I use 11's on my Explorer for that chunky rhythm tone.

This man speaks the truth. D'Addario 10s ftw.

I'm not too fussy about picks though. I'm currently using this "Fender Medium" that I found in the attic :p

pickww1.jpg

-[chop]-;5743593 said:
let me hear your opinion on 11s...im planing on buying a pack...

They are good for chuggy, deep riffs. Useful for rythm guitarists, they can be a bit tough on your picking hand though. I cant really give any more opinion on them, as I've only used 11s once.