Guitar Player's Thread

Well when I first used them, I noticed how much brighter they sounded when I wasn't plugged into an amp and also they stayed sounding like that and stayed shiny for about 3 months. Ernie Balls usually darken up after about 5 hours of playing.

I agree that EBs are not really quality. Though for the price I don't think DRs are worth it. I use ghs strings and the sound the same to me as DRs, and have a more "broken in" feel right away when I restring my guitar. And EBs feel like I just strung my guitar with 2x4s, they're so goddamn stiff in comparison.

DR's are the same price as any full pack of strings for me so that's not something I was considering. I don't know about 9's though, I've only played DR 11's and EB 9's. Except when I think I used 11's ages ago and hated them because they were too thick and my fingers weren't strong enough.

WTF!!!!!!!!! my guitar pro just stopped making sound!! none of the tracks are making any sound and i didn't mute anything...what's going on??

no...just my iTunes. but see, i clicked the RSE button (next to the play button) and the sounds came back. but it's reeeeaaally crappy sound now. i hope this isn't fuckin permanent......what should i do?

My guitar was leaning up against my desk and I slipped and my foot kinda stepped on it :rofl:

:lol: kinda stepped on it

I did something similar a while ago; it was up against the desk n I tripped over it. From that I've learnt to keep my axes safe in their cases or on a stand.

Hmm I bought some new strings today, but I went a bit mad and bought different ones to usual :p

I usually buy these:
exl110.jpg

But just out of curiosity I bought these today:
87883-7025.jpg

Havn't restringed yet as im going to do that tommorow, anyone played these before? As I have no idea what they are like :rofl:

Hmm I bought some new strings today, but I went a bit mad and bought different ones to usual :p

I usually buy these:
exl110.jpg

My usual too :D

about the other ones, I've never seen them in any guitar store before so I can't really help you out.

once you've fitted them be sure to tell me what they are like;)