Guitar Player's Thread

everyone is different but i find that queer

if you're a vocalist then its more understandable

I'm serious, anyone can stick a shredding lick on the right chord progression, but comming up with a good melody requires thinking, not playing.

I'll refuse to post anything condescending becasue you called me "queer" :lol:

I'm serious, anyone can stick a shredding lick on the right chord progression, but comming up with a good melody requires thinking, not playing.
^and i refer this quote to metalhead_666

it happened to me many times too that i have been away from my bass/guitar and i came up with killer progression with insane shred to it, and unfortunately i forgot it until i came home to reproduce it. just being away and exposing your self for other things some how twists something in your brain and helps you to come up with something cool that most likely you already had it just never been free to express it this or other way

thinking is the annoying part.....
dispense for whom... ;)

Hey i gotta ask you...is there any good tips for playing AND singin at the same time? its pretty hard but id like to be able to do that :) sorry for dumb question but im curious :p

Just practice the song you want to play, until you can play it while you're sleeping. Then start to sing while you're playing. :)

Hey i gotta ask you...is there any good tips for playing AND singin at the same time? its pretty hard but id like to be able to do that :) sorry for dumb question but im curious :p

Like with everything, practice. If you can't sing while strumming chords on an acoustic yet, then that's a good place to start.

I found this on another forum, it's a list from Decibel Magazine, the list of the top 20 Death Metal guitarists.
Decibel Magazine said:
1. Trey Azagtoth - Morbid Angel
2. Chuck Schuldiner - Death
3. Bill Steer - Carcass/Napalm Death
4. Karl Sanders - Nile
5. Anders Bjorler - At the Gates
6. Mikael Akerfeldt - Opeth
7. James Murphy - Death/Obituary/Cancer/Disincarnate
8. Kelly Shaefer - Atheist
9. Scott Hull - Pig Destroyer/Agoraphobic Nosebleed
10. Erik Rutan - Hate Eternal/Morbid Angel/Ripping Corpse
11. Terrance Hobbs - Suffocation
12. Muhammed Suicmez - Necrophagist
13. Luc Lemay - Gorguts/Negativa
14. Matt Harvey - Exhumed/Repulsion/Dekapitator
15. Robert Vigna - Immolation
16. Patrick Mameli - Pestilence
17. Nergal - Behemoth
18. Baz Thompson - Bolt Thrower
19. Nicke Andersson - Nihilist/Entombed/Death Breath
20. Paul Ryan - Origin

Sad to see that Muhammed is only at #12 :(.

I found this on another forum, it's a list from Decibel Magazine, the list of the top 20 Death Metal guitarists.

Sad to see that Muhammed is only at #12 :(.

Those lists are the worst shit ever, you can't measure an opinion. The fact that Muhammed is low is probably because he hasn't been "around" that much, even though it all has to do with fame pretty much.

Haha, his face in the beginning :lol: !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, his face in the beginning :lol: !!!

aye he is funny, this is awesome video for every beginner and advanced bass player, well and guitar player too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas Toller Wade is technically better better than Karl Sanders but Karl writes most of the Nile stuff so it depends which way you look at it. Obviously, that list is popularity, just like every "best" list. It's all bullshit.

learn how to play guitar first.

Do you have to be an ass? I DID play a shitty bodom cover but that doesnt mean i cant do something right. And no i dont take shit too personal i just dont want to hear that when i really ask for advice.

Thanks for the advice to others...yeah if you look down at the fretboard it absorbs thoughts lol XD well just so everyone will have it clear im not trying to sing and play bodom song. And this is not for soemthin like a youtube submit...more like band project but we will see.

Do you have to be an ass? I DID play a shitty bodom cover but that doesnt mean i cant do something right. And no i dont take shit too personal i just dont want to hear that when i really ask for advice.

Thanks for the advice to others...yeah if you look down at the fretboard it absorbs thoughts lol XD well just so everyone will have it clear im not trying to sing and play bodom song. And this is not for soemthin like a youtube submit...more like band project but we will see.

when you said sing did you mean real singing or growling

just wondering