Guitar Player's Thread

Washburn headstocks are dreadful i have one........

single coil pickups for metal is definitely a NO

Depends on what sound you're going for, but single coils are fully functional.
Just look at Yngwie or PG.
There are no "no's" in music.

So here it is, ladies and gentlemen. Mitch's 1989 ADA MP-1.

sadamp1sv5.jpg

I could do some recordings but this unit doesn't sound good when used direct into the computer because of the abscence of a poweramp & speaker cab simulator. It basically just sounds like my Korg PX4 thing but a tiny bit better so you're not missing much.

I might see if I can get a VHT 2/50/2 poweramp like Alexi used on the HCDR album or maybe a cheap solidstate Marshall 8008 or something, just to get me started.

I'll need to get a noise gate too 'cause it can get prety noisy at high gain levels, especially when I switch to a H/S pickup config!!!!

Ah well, I have a fucking MP1!!!

626z5tw.gif

sadamp1sv5.jpg

I could do some recordings but this unit doesn't sound good when used direct into the computer because of the abscence of a poweramp & speaker cab simulator. It basically just sounds like my Korg PX4 thing but a tiny bit better so you're not missing much.

I might see if I can get a VHT 2/50/2 poweramp like Alexi used on the HCDR album or maybe a cheap solidstate Marshall 8008 or something, just to get me started.

I'll need to get a noise gate too 'cause it can get prety noisy at high gain levels, especially when I switch to a H/S pickup config!!!!

626z5tw.gif

Congratulations! Must be awesome! You have a great taste in tone, so no matter what it will probably sound kill3r.

Hopefully, yeah. Maybe it'll sound better if I hooked up a preamp and a poweramp and then went direct. I don't really wana be pissing around with huge cabs/speakers and micing it up.

And:

Here's some Herman Li guitar "lessons" that he's been doing for total guitar mag.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

If anyone can find part 3 and anything after 7, I'll add the links here.

And just incase some people haven't seen it, here's a few clips from a Young Guitar DVD that Sam and Herman were on:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw&mode=related&search=

I think it came out around late 06/early07.

if anyone cares, James Malone of Arsis is using a different guitar now
zoom_n6.jpg

The Washburn N6

Ouch, really not that great aesthetically. I can only hope that it produces kickass tones. But then again the majority of Wasburns I've played weren't brilliant.

Mostly, I think it's because he had to hawk his Ibanez because he is pretty much broke right now. When Arsis' bus broke down, they had to drop off Summer Slaughter tour. Kinda sad really...

Damn, that really is pretty bad, they must be in deep shit :cry:

sadamp1sv5.jpg

626z5tw.gif

Looks Fantastic. I've been thinking alot since you got it, about getting one of my own but I fear my budget doesn't really extend to rack gear at this moment in time. :( Anyways congrats once again, try and get some stuff recorded as soon as you can :D , it will be much appreciated.

@EB Did you manage to get a hold of the PGM yet?

I have been hearing from many people that think that Alexi's guitars should come with an EMG 81 instead of an EMG-HZ H4

Well i looked at the EMG website: http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=17&catalogid=164

It says there that the H4 designs are the same as the 81's

Is there anyone else who can give evidence for either side of the arguments?
read it again. It is the same as the 81 except is has a passive rather then active circut.

^^The 81 will have more response...Will pickup sounds more sensitively ETC. So a guitar with EMG 81 woud sound somewhere near EMG HZ+Afterburner but ofcourse the afterburner will boost the HZ a bit past EMG 81

But theres nothing that can say HZ is better than 81 and Vice versa...its all preference. I like both pups though. Yes and the feedback is less on a HZ too. But the 81 and HZ dont really sound exactly alike if thats what you suggest.

sadamp1sv5.jpg

626z5tw.gif

very nice. Congrats Mitch! what year was this one made in? looks pretty old. I saw on the racerx forum they were talking about versions and what not, and the oldest one is from 1988, i think?

If you aren't a sloppy player, the 81 shouldn't have any excess noise (I actually prefer the 85 though).

it shoudnt? AWWW SHIT! somethings wrong with my amp or cables or somethin :(:(:( oh well. Since i dont mean when i play...im not that sloppy at songs i can play well but im talking bout when im not playing its buzzing like mad. I thought somethin was wrong...or it coud be coz i play in front of my computer monitor...oh yeaah:O it was really silent when i playd in room fuck i forgot:lol: either way my MT-2 is noisy