Guitar Player's Thread

^^ hehe yeh 11 years :)

^ yoyo alex.. well i dont think its a comeback.. i just got here for some particular reason ^^ and now im just fucking around :D

It still amazes me your winter madness solo seeing it again, really good job I wish I was that good when i'd been playing that long. Don't suppose you could be a darling and upload the tabs? :D

very nice. Congrats Mitch! what year was this one made in? looks pretty old. I saw on the racerx forum they were talking about versions and what not, and the oldest one is from 1988, i think?

I'm not actually sure.

BUT I did plug it into my crappy practise amp earlier and I can get an awesome Sinergy type tone out of it. It's so dry and "hollow" sounding, I love it!!! Hooked up to a decent poweramp and good speakers, it'd sound even better!!

I'm not actually sure.

BUT I did plug it into my crappy practise amp earlier and I can get an awesome Sinergy type tone out of it. It's so dry and "hollow" sounding, I love it!!! Hooked up to a decent poweramp and good speakers, it'd sound even better!!

Hollow sounding? Explain please!

I can't, it just sounds that way to me. Kinda like your voice sounds when you have a cold, a weird "onk" sound. I dno, I just like it.

Listen to something like The Bitch Is Back or their cover of Rock You Like A Hurricane and you'll see what I mean.

Rackmount effects confuse the hell out of me, all I know are guitars and amps. If you could just explain the basics I might know what that MP1 of yours does, and it might also get me to buy a Mesa 2:90 or TriAxis or something. They look awesome but I just don't know what the hell it would do :lol:

I can't, it just sounds that way to me. Kinda like your voice sounds when you have a cold, a weird "onk" sound. I dno, I just like it.

Listen to something like The Bitch Is Back or their cover of Rock You Like A Hurricane and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, explaining tones is hard :lol:

They look awesome but I just don't know what the hell it would do :lol:

They would do awesome stuff!

Rackmount effects confuse the hell out of me, all I know are guitars and amps. If you could just explain the basics I might know what that MP1 of yours does, and it might also get me to buy a Mesa 2:90 or TriAxis or something. They look awesome but I just don't know what the hell it would do :lol:

Well basically, they're just the EQ type part of a large combo amp. You just control gain, reverb, mid, bass, treble etc etc but the whole point of having just that part of it instead of getting a combo is so you can combine that with different models of poweramp and also different speakers and watts etc etc.

You could buy an ADA MP-1 preamp, put it through a Marshall 8008 solidstate poweramp and then into 2 2x12 speakers.

Or, you could put the MP-1 through an all-tube Mesa Boogie or VHT poweramp and then into 1 4x12 cab, both would give you different sounds.

Obviously, the possibilities and combinations are endless and it can take years and lots of cash to find the sound YOU want but if you're really picky about your tone, then you can be really specific when using rack gear.

But yeah, the MP-1 is just the EQ part of it and the one you choose can make quite a big difference in your overall sound when you're hooked up to everything else.

I probably would try and get Alexi's exact Sinergy tone if I could get his gainbooster unit...

Okay so I know I only pop up here every once in a while, because my computer hardly ever works, but I think I'll be here for good now. :headbang:

I just finished a tab for the solo section of " Death " by Dark Moor, if anyone is interested...as well as I'm working on a tab of " Amaranth " by Nightwish.

Hey mr fast this is a simple explanation

Combo is one thing you just plug your guitar into and it has everything

then the halfstack is the combo but split between the speakers and the other part

rack gear is like splitting the head of a half stack in two.