Guitar Player's Thread

hideous piece of plastic. if it would be at least out of glass it would be much better, heavier too but better.
or Christal !!! i would think then about robbing a bank for it.

I thought i'd upload a lil something, i think this is the first thing i've uploaded, but i've only been playing for a little bit more than a year, so i don't consider myself that good yet, so nothing i record sounds good enough to post really.

This thing is recorded with a POD through sucky pc-speakers using a headset mic to record onto the basic sound recorder that comes with windows, the tone came out pretty good still.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2D4BEBCE6B716ABE

^^ I thought it was very cool! The others can say WTF they want but i thought it was pretty cool. Some extra noise(In picking). Minor cleaning up will make it sound a bit better but good job man!

Wasn't bad but please, please please sort out that shit before you start playing!!! Everytime I hear that, I literally cringe. :erk: The moving about of the hands along the strings, accidentally pushing them into the pickups, hitting open strings etc. What was it you were actually playing?

And just incase there's any Dragonforce fans here, I tabbed an intro of one of their songs earlier. First DF tab for me!!!!

Dragonforce - Revolution Deathsquad [Intro]

And one last thing...James Malone of Arsis is currently looking for students to teach privately. A bulletin from their Myspace reads:

James Malone is currently accepting guitar students in the Southern West Virginia and Virginia Beach areas. Serious inquiries please email jamesarsis@gmail.com .

So yeah I know this is old news but this 20th anniversary jem caught my eye and got me thinking...

GRELICS_3833.jpg

...Has anyone here ever played a perspex guitar such as this? It'd be interesting to know how the perspex resonates the tone compared to wood. o_O

we have on at a local shop in portland, but of course you cant play it because it was already sold, and im sure they wouldnt let you unless you were serious on buying it and showed the money beforehand. w00t today i bought blackberry jams from becker cant wait to listen

Wasn't bad but please, please please sort out that shit before you start playing!!! Everytime I hear that, I literally cringe. :erk: The moving about of the hands along the strings, accidentally pushing them into the pickups, hitting open strings etc. What was it you were actually playing?

That is probably because because of the compression used. The speakers i'm playing through don't give out enough distortion without it, and it amplifies unwanted sounds. It was a self-made practice thingie with different licks thrown in. I could try to re-record it without compression tomorrow, to see what that sounds like.

And just incase there's any Dragonforce fans here, I tabbed an intro of one of their songs earlier. First DF tab for me!!!!

Dragonforce - Revolution Deathsquad [Intro]

And one last thing...James Malone of Arsis is currently looking for students to teach privately. A bulletin from their Myspace reads:

James Malone is currently accepting guitar students in the Southern West Virginia and Virginia Beach areas. Serious inquiries please email jamesarsis@gmail.com .

Very nice, I have the verse tabbed, so I'll combine them then post it if you don't mind me using what you have...

its my greatest moment of life...ive never been so bored like this:erk:

edit@ hmh? i was talking to myself too, you just come around and u think im talking to you :erk: