Guitar Player's Thread

I'm personally like the rack gear because you can mix and match lots of gear/amps. If I ever had an extra 2 grand I would definetly get an Engl Powerball :kickass:

But if I were to get a head and a 4x12, would I need to have rackmount stuff? Seems kind of obsolete to me.

no, jeez arent you reading.:lol:
pre-amp plus power amp=a head
though its more versityle when you can change what pre-amps and power amps you want to use.

wow i went to guitar center today, brought my alexi, plugged in to a 6505+, and i had no idea i could get that tone out of any guitar, the distortion was just fucking amazing, best amp i've ever played, i need to get it

I woud want one too...A Kerry king marshall woud be cool too!!! But 6505+ is one of the ultimate metal amps they say. Kinda pricey still. Need to work a good bit to get one

Hmm, i'm writing a song in GP but wouldn't mind some tips reguarding my lack of knowledge on tabbing drums/arranging, i did the drums but would like to know if they sound right. First song i've tried to write, nothing too fancy :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/241e5b

nice song! I think the drums fit in very well, and I can't give you much advice anyway cuz i'm a noob when it comes to drums on GP...but my overall criticism would be to work on the interlude a bit, it seemed to get a bit predictable after a while. unless you were aiming for simple, then it sounds just fine. also, don't forget to pan the guitars :)

nice song! I think the drums fit in very well, and I can't give you much advice anyway cuz i'm a noob when it comes to drums on GP...but my overall criticism would be to work on the interlude a bit, it seemed to get a bit predictable after a while. unless you were aiming for simple, then it sounds just fine. also, don't forget to pan the guitars :)

Thanks :) Well, yeah - i wanted to keep it fairly simple as it's the first song i've tried to write plus i'm a newb in GPro :p

Yeah, the interlude needs some work :lol:

dude, that video was just sad, tbh i dont think your very good at all, soloing wasnt good at all, it was just weird to me, and i didnt like that ENGL

I'm not saying that I'm good. I just wanted to record a video for a friend, since he wanted to see the guitar beeing played. And yeah, I just played random stuff, and yeah, I'm not a good solo-guitar-player-guy. :)

:lol: too bad it's still pretty expensive I just bought a laney tube 50watt for under £50, the ENGL most probably pwns its ass, but until I find my bearings I don't think i'll be getting one to soon. You have such a great tone btw congrats on your gear once again.

Thank you! :) We could talk about the Screamer someday. I think I will be keeping it for quite long. :)

having an expensive guitar doesn't make you good ;)

I know! And I'm not saying that I'm good. I was really lucky to get such a good offer for the guitar. So I couldn't say no. :D Although my Edwards had to go for it. :( It's one of my dream guitars, and not because of Alexi, so don't say anything. You can still bash me for my nickname though. :lol:

dude. don't give up on guitar playing, one day you will be good.

sorry to bring you down but it was very newbish

Thanks! :) Well, the video does suck, I know, but as I said, it was for a friend. I thought I could upload it here, because maybe some of you want to see it. :) I've been playing for 1 - 1,5 years or so now, so I think I still have time. :lol: And I do really appreciate that, for having such a guitar in my age and my "experience" in guitar playing.

wow i went to guitar center today, brought my alexi, plugged in to a 6505+, and i had no idea i could get that tone out of any guitar, the distortion was just fucking amazing, best amp i've ever played, i need to get it

Or how about you just learn to play through a normal practice amp, i can get a better tone from my 15W than almost anyone on youtube, the only thing lacking is the volume, but since it's a practice amp it's really not necessary to have a volume level that can blow your neighbours out.

Hmm, i'm writing a song in GP but wouldn't mind some tips reguarding my lack of knowledge on tabbing drums/arranging, i did the drums but would like to know if they sound right. First song i've tried to write, nothing too fancy :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sii61l

Pretty predictable, every riff seems to consist of 2 chords, try to use like 4 chords for some parts to get more variation. The drums are cool imo, they fit the composition well.

Pretty predictable, every riff seems to consist of 2 chords, try to use like 4 chords for some parts to get more variation. The drums are cool imo, they fit the composition well.

k thanks, i'll work on making it less predictable :p Just wanted to get it all in place first.

Or how about you just learn to play through a normal practice amp, i can get a better tone from my 15W than almost anyone on youtube, the only thing lacking is the volume, but since it's a practice amp it's really not necessary to have a volume level that can blow your neighbours out.

Yeah. My first ample was a crappy alesis...60 watts though but it sucked so much ass! worst sound is MT-2+Alesis Wildfire+Bc rich warlock bronze :D Yes you shoud really learn how to tweak and really turn the soundworld in an amp. It will come in handy. Thats somethin ive become pretty decent on...finding different sounds since i just can sit and experiment with my peavey studiopro for an hour or so to see what it can do. I'll still buy a Peavey windsor soon but thats mainly for band playing and shit...i know i dont need that much power but i like to have headroom and its gonna be lots in it. I just hope the Kerry king EQ will be able to make it metal enough for bodom and such stuff :erk:

So yeah I know this is old news but this 20th anniversary jem caught my eye and got me thinking...

GRELICS_3833.jpg

...Has anyone here ever played a perspex guitar such as this? It'd be interesting to know how the perspex resonates the tone compared to wood. o_O

So yeah I know this is old news but this 20th anniversary jem caught my eye and got me thinking...

GRELICS_3833.jpg

...Has anyone here ever played a perspex guitar such as this? It'd be interesting to know how the perspex resonates the tone compared to wood. o_O

For starters, those dimarzio's aren't the normal ones, they are specially designed for that material. Obviously it's not going to sound the same, but the pickups are made to emulate the sound from normal pickups with wood.