Guitar Player's Thread

I'll ask again so the subject wont drown coz im GONNA find the answer!
Wich OHMage cab is best suited with randall RH-50T????? Anybody knwo for sure what Ohmage the head is? since thers places that say its 16 and 8 and places that say its 4 and 8. Also how would a Maxon OD-9 or a 808 respond to it?(the tube screamr) Will the 16 ohm cab give less power from the head than an 8 ohm cab IF the cab is 8 ohms?

Dude! Randall RH-50T is 50W amp which means no matter what cab from your options you will choose to use with it, you won’t push the cab to the limit at all! The only thing is you might overload your head cause it’s just a shity 50W. it’s on the border line of enough to be heard next to drummer, for live performance in some small club in front of 50-100 or even 200 people you really should consider 100W head at least!
Ok now for the Ohm stuff. OHM is resistance measurement unit Simply read this! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm
According to few WebPages that I have checked Randall RH-50T is 8/16 which means you can use both of the OHAMGES! Just that it will give you different WAT amount (more W=louder) on different Cabsand from all the cabs you offered I would go for PEAVEY VALVE KING (400 Watt, 16Ohm mono, 8 Ohm Stereo, mono/stereo switch, weight 29kg)
I haven’t checked this issue with the mono stereo shit but I guess it means you can split your cab’s 4 speakers in to 2 groups. 2 speaker for one head and the other 2 for another setup. Or if your head is stereo then you can have stereo effect. Ok what does this mean in OHMS, this means you can pull out of this cab 400W. or you will do it with 16 Ohm mono (all 4 speakers work on mono) or you will push throe stereo, 8 ohm + 8 ohm =16 ohm. Which will be 200W + 200W=400W in stereo mode.
If you connect PEAVEY VALVE KING cab to Randall RH-50T in mono output @16 Ohm , you will get your 50W (the max this head can produce).
I am not sure if you can connect this head at both outputs you will have to ask randall them selfs or look it up in the instructions manual.
Dude my advice go look for another head cause 50W head is really nothing especially if you like bassy type sound BASS NEEDS POWER! Also another thing, if you plan to use your head alone with the “stock” sound it offers then yeah tube or valve amps/heads is what you should look for but if you plan to use multi effects and other type or pedals go for something else cause tubes acts by them self like compressor there for too much of this tubes in your rig won’t produce greater sound it will do just the opposite.

Here is a tab I made for the solo section of " Death " by Dark Moor. It's a cool solo IMO, and not terribly difficult. It was tabbed entirely by ear, so it's probably not 100%, but it should be pretty damn close. Feedback would be appreciated, and even if you don't like Dark Moor or aren't familiar with them, it's still a pretty cool lead to work on.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/udbjws

Dude! Randall RH-50T is 50W amp which means no matter what cab from your options you will choose to use with it, you won’t push the cab to the limit at all! The only thing is you might overload your head cause it’s just a shity 50W. it’s on the border line of enough to be heard next to drummer, for live performance in some small club in front of 50-100 or even 200 people you really should consider 100W head at least!
Ok now for the Ohm stuff. OHM is resistance measurement unit Simply read this! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm
According to few WebPages that I have checked Randall RH-50T is 8/16 which means you can use both of the OHAMGES! Just that it will give you different WAT amount (more W=louder) on different Cabsand from all the cabs you offered I would go for PEAVEY VALVE KING (400 Watt, 16Ohm mono, 8 Ohm Stereo, mono/stereo switch, weight 29kg)
I haven’t checked this issue with the mono stereo shit but I guess it means you can split your cab’s 4 speakers in to 2 groups. 2 speaker for one head and the other 2 for another setup. Or if your head is stereo then you can have stereo effect. Ok what does this mean in OHMS, this means you can pull out of this cab 400W. or you will do it with 16 Ohm mono (all 4 speakers work on mono) or you will push throe stereo, 8 ohm + 8 ohm =16 ohm. Which will be 200W + 200W=400W in stereo mode.
If you connect PEAVEY VALVE KING cab to Randall RH-50T in mono output @16 Ohm , you will get your 50W (the max this head can produce).
I am not sure if you can connect this head at both outputs you will have to ask randall them selfs or look it up in the instructions manual.
Dude my advice go look for another head cause 50W head is really nothing especially if you like bassy type sound BASS NEEDS POWER! Also another thing, if you plan to use your head alone with the “stock” sound it offers then yeah tube or valve amps/heads is what you should look for but if you plan to use multi effects and other type or pedals go for something else cause tubes acts by them self like compressor there for too much of this tubes in your rig won’t produce greater sound it will do just the opposite.

I aint planning on using multi effects...maybe an EQ and soundgate. Nothing?:D i have a 65 watt peavey solid state amp and its pretty loud...not loud enough though. I considered getting Peavey windsor but its too much of a risk...i might not like it coz of its voicing and EQ might not be enough for it...and it only has 1 channel :Erk::Erk::erk::erk: Im still thinkin bout randall...you got any other suggestions? dont suggest used 6505 or 5150...cant find any...no ENGLs either in finland for sale for decent price.

dont get a fucking marshall mg for christ sake
I was only planning on MG cab:lol: Is that as bad as the ample itself?:lol:

phenom:now you defenitly cant go wrong with a hughes and kettner, top knotch stuff there man
Yeah it shoud be but its a chance i wont afford it...School soon starts and it requires pretty much money to books:erk:

Why don't buy from any other EU countries? There's no tax to pay, only the shipping.

You're from Finland?

Check these two sites:
http://www.huuto.net/fi/cats/musisoitkita.php3
http://muusikoiden.net/tori/index.php?id=6&location=all&type=all

There's no way that you couldn't find any ENGL/Peavey used tube combos there.
Post a wanted ad!

You will regret buying a solid state amp. At first you will think that the sound is awesome, but over the time you will find out that it's not what you were looking for.

I aint planning on using multi effects...maybe an EQ and soundgate. Nothing?:D i have a 65 watt peavey solid state amp and its pretty loud...not loud enough though. I considered getting Peavey windsor but its too much of a risk...i might not like it coz of its voicing and EQ might not be enough for it...and it only has 1 channel :Erk::Erk::erk::erk: Im still thinkin bout randall...you got any other suggestions? dont suggest used 6505 or 5150...cant find any...no ENGLs either in finland for sale for decent price.
well you should really find a way to listen to this head then.
and if you say 65W peavey wasn't enough for you then for sure 50W wont do any better to you no matter what distortions and reverbs will it have.
and i am not suggesting you any brend cause i don't know much from guitar stuff i am bassist there for my interest is more on bass stuff i am just helping you out with some technical shit

well you should really find a way to listen to this head then.
and if you say 65W peavey wasn't enough for you then for sure 50W wont do any better to you no matter what distortions and reverbs will it have.
and i am not suggesting you any brend cause i don't know much from guitar stuff i am bassist there for my interest is more on bass stuff i am just helping you out with some technical shit

yeah it wasnt enough but it was solidstate combo the 65 watt...I appreciate help coz im pretty n00b:erk: I still think i wont afford better and that :erk:s me a bit :(:lol: Thx for help:) you made a lot of that ohmage shitt more understandable too! But the 50 watt head is tube and the 65 was solid state...so woudnt 50 be enough?

Why don't buy from any other EU countries? There's no tax to pay, only the shipping.

You're from Finland?

Check these two sites:
http://www.huuto.net/fi/cats/musisoitkita.php3
http://muusikoiden.net/tori/index.php?id=6&location=all&type=all

There's no way that you couldn't find any ENGL/Peavey used tube combos there.
Post a wanted ad!

You will regret buying a solid state amp. At first you will think that the sound is awesome, but over the time you will find out that it's not what you were looking for.

The 50 watt randall head should be full tube...6 tubes if i remember correctly :O I'll check those sites right away...i checked muusikoiden net and i found only very expensive shit there...need to check again. Yes i live in Finland. thx:)

EDIT: Huuto net didnt have a single tube amp i woud check up more closely...fuck:erk: *checking muusikoiden.net*

Okay this is what i found:
Peavey 6505 combo 2x12 for 950€(shoud have okay tubes it seems like but i aint sure...its under a year old) i just might get this one since its 950 and it doesnt need any pedals or so I THINK but im not sure so i might be able to stretch to 950!!!
Then another peavey 6505 but this one can be bid on.
A engl E350 Classic tube series for 800 euros. but no screamers or thunders...too bad

Any other suggestions?:)
AND yes the randall is a tube amp...the rh50t. BTW phoenix about the thing you said that n00bs cant use edit button :D (reffering to me) Sometimes my computer fucks up and goes really slow and if i push edit the whole internet browser crashes:erk:

Since the last 3-4 pages have been about the same thing i thought i'd change it abit. This guy is a great player, but in this video he's showing a really cool thing. The sound patches he uses sound awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: that freakin' rules!! I actually want one like hell! Such a great little piece of gear, ingenious. Looks so much fun, especially the voices patch. The guy is an awesome guitarist but I can't help thinking I've seen him somewhere before.

y
Okay this is what i found:
Peavey 6505 combo 2x12 for 950€(shoud have okay tubes it seems like but i aint sure...its under a year old) i just might get this one since its 950 and it doesnt need any pedals or so I THINK but im not sure so i might be able to stretch to 950!!!

New one is 1300eur. 950eur is too much. Besides, people always put a little bit bigger price in ads like that...they always count on haggling ;). Why don't you contact the seller and try to talk about the price. Nobody says 950euro is set in stone.

Hmm, that's really cool but is it really worth it? It's like $600USD.. You could get other things with that :\. Still cool nonetheless :lol:.

Considering that you're getting gear to improve your sound or to help you in some kind of way, this is by far the best piece of equipment you could buy imo.

some pics of my new guitar

Picture001.jpg

IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/me_109v/DSC00006.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/me_109v/DSC00009.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/me_109v/DSC00022.jpg[/IMG]

DSC00021.jpg

an ibanez VBT700

I'm terrible at clicking pictures lol