Guitar Player's Thread

fender m-80 (special thanks to Rusty cooley)
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss NS-2
Randall 4x12 (RIP Marshall cab)
Mosvalve power-amp
and a bunch of wah pedals that are sitting at each side of the rack case.

Digiteck rp-100 (for cleans)
SM57 mic..

forgot to throw in this little number

leviiiathan_none_more_black.jpg

thats your guitar???

hey everyone i need help, i want to see how much it would be to get a good rack system or get a good half stack. i want to know the pros and cons to each. rack system im looking at:ada mp1, lee jackson gp-1000, peavey classic 50/50, some sort of furman power conditinor, then im lost at what sort of cabinet i should get. or maybe speakers would be better? and for half stacks: peavey 6505+

thats your guitar???

hey everyone i need help, i want to see how much it would be to get a good rack system or get a good half stack. i want to know the pros and cons to each. rack system im looking at:ada mp1, lee jackson gp-1000, peavey classic 50/50, some sort of furman power conditinor, then im lost at what sort of cabinet i should get. or maybe speakers would be better? and for half stacks: peavey 6505+

A good rack system would set around 1500, I mean I don't know about the Lee jackson's anymore but Tubeworks, Marshall and VHT make some of the best power amps. Marshalls are the best cabs in my oppinion and the Furman ML8 power conditioner works just great. You might as well get a rack if you want more power to your tone, with the preamp being pretty much your head but super smaller and space saving. Vader cabinets are also really good. I try to stick with Celestion speaker's.

yes vader cabinets are the best. so heres my dream rack system

ada mp1 or lee jackson gp-1000 or both :D peavey classic 50/50 power amp (i'll look at other ones though) furman ml8 PC, vader cabinet or marshall. im not sure if i really need an effects processor and where can i find a MIDI foot controller?

yes vader cabinets are the best. so heres my dream rack system

ada mp1 or lee jackson gp-1000 or both :D peavey classic 50/50 power amp (i'll look at other ones though) furman ml8 PC, vader cabinet or marshall. im not sure if i really need an effects processor and where can i find a MIDI foot controller?

sweet, rocktron Prophesies are an amazing multi-effects/amp module rack system, it's about 1 grand but well worth it, huge floor board to.

P.S. You should try using the Fender M-80 with the Ibanez TS-series od pedals and plug that into a guitar with an EMG H4 in the brigde to get that true and amazing Alexi tone ;) At least try it.

thats your guitar???

Hm...you will get a good COB sound with GP1000+Peavey 50/50 and some more.....Didnt Alexi use Gp1000 and peavey classic 50/50 on hatebreeder? His best tone was on hatebreeder IMO. But hes really got his tone to the better side when he switched to Seymours...i heard the difference at tuska. amazing. and oh if you get VHT PSA 1 and youll be like alexi and then there was Intellifex?:D

Anyway...doing now: Being goddamn happy coz i got ½ day off from my shitty work! and maybe gonna do some gear research :D:D:D

Edit: I checked youtube if they woud have soundchecks to Randall RH50T but they only had vids of soundchecks with randall RH150...is rh50 even near a rh150? The rh150 sounded fuckin delicous though. Rh100 is there too and sounds amazing.

1990 Jackson Rhoads Professional. Top of the line Japanese model, discontinued in 1995 because they were selling them better than the USA ones. Basically all same specs an quality as RR1.

RR1 vs. Rhoads PRO comparison:
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm

Ohh it's discontinued. no wonder. thanks for that info though.

I thought i'd upload a lil something, i think this is the first thing i've uploaded, but i've only been playing for a little bit more than a year, so i don't consider myself that good yet, so nothing i record sounds good enough to post really.

This thing is recorded with a POD through sucky pc-speakers using a headset mic to record onto the basic sound recorder that comes with windows, the tone came out pretty good still.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2D4BEBCE6B716ABE

hey I've wanted to hear you play for some time now. You're pretty clean. and towards the end, it started to sound like some of yngwie's stuff. good job though.