Guitar Player's Thread

actually i never did legato like that. for those licks i usually shred but obviously legato is much easier and works as well. that was the point you were trying to prove?

Legato is shred aswell, but i see what you mean. My point was to show how easy it was to attain high speeds with legato, pretty much.

I've never actually tried to practice only legato before, because i prefer the more aggresive sound of AP, but i tried some legato on a lick today, and i never realised i could make it that much faster. In this thing i recorded the first 20 seconds are legato 16th triplets at 110 bpm, which basically took no effort at all, and the 20 seconds after that is AP at 95bpm, which actually takes concentration, atleast for me. My muting still sucks, but i'm working on it.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=39805FAF278BF55E

I think this is the first time I've heard you play before. Cool stuff ;) Once you've nailed the legato technique most picking runs become a sweet sea breeze i.e try the OAR intro picking first then legato the difference is fucking amazing. Having said that, I still need to work on mine :lol:

@Altitudes just try lowering your gain and alternating your muting hands to affect.

I think this is the first time I've heard you play before. Cool stuff ;) Once you've nailed the legato technique most picking runs become a sweet sea breeze i.e try the OAR intro picking first then legato the difference is fucking amazing. Having said that, I still need to work on mine :lol:

@Altitudes just try lowering your gain and alternating your muting hands to affect.

I posted a "song" some time ago aswell, i guess it got lost in all gear talk between that guy and emptifier. I'll post it again for you.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1810892809FC7058

Picking is alot easier to get a constant rythm though, for me atleast, that's why i prefer it.

^^Yeah me and emptifier :lol: But didnt i say it was good?:D i remember someone posting some recordings and i thought it sounded cool...there was someone else saying somethin completely different about some fuckin ibanez JEM or somethin afterwards so it just got lost i guess.

I never practice with much overdrive/distortion but I listen intentfully to hear mistakes as if I were playing with blistering distortion. I've been trying to alter my muting technique on tapping such as this but still having problems with some notes drowning out others. I'm at about 120bpm which is already a big improvment. Thanks for the help.

Hmm,

Jackson Stars or Jackson RR24 Limited Edition??

Jackson Stars: Sharkfin inlays the right way around, built-in gain-boost.

Jackson RR24: Black hardware.

I do want at least one RR shape guitar but I dno what to get.

guitarjacksonrr241gu7.jpg
guitarjacksonrr242ea9.jpg

guitarjacksonstars1xe8.gif
guitarjacksonstars2rq3.jpg

I wouldn't know how to go about ordering a J2SP from Japan though, since I don't speak or understand Japanese.

Just got done playing along with the " Allegiance " album by Firewind. :headbang:

Or what I know of it rather, which is Allegiance, Insanity, Breaking The Silence, and bits of other songs I haven't bothered to figure out yet. :erk:

Hmm,

Jackson Stars or Jackson RR24 Limited Edition??

Jackson Stars: Sharkfin inlays the right way around, built-in gain-boost.

Jackson RR24: Black hardware.

I do want at least one RR shape guitar but I dno what to get.

guitarjacksonrr241gu7.jpg
guitarjacksonrr242ea9.jpg

guitarjacksonstars1xe8.gif
guitarjacksonstars2rq3.jpg

I wouldn't know how to go about ordering a J2SP from Japan though, since I don't speak or understand Japanese.

Yeah that is a tough choice, I like the black hardware but the gain boost would be nice...I'd probably just go for the Stars myself.

I'm thinking of going for the stars (Bk, gold hardware, no bevels). I'd go for the Stars, but the black hardware IS nice :lol:. Probably easier to get the rr24 as well.

no it's the one without bevels. so far it is in excellent condition. only some minor color wear on floyd rose saddles. 1000eur+shipping. It will have a seymour duncan pickup + emg pa2 boost. new one like that costs 1200eur.

I should have a rather large sum of money within 4 months. I'll be interested in that too.

Mitch, I just stumbled across this video of Pail Gilbert on
youtube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYlx5gW90Aw&mode=related&search=

I was wondering if you know the correct way to play this or could point me in the direction of a good tab starting at about 20 seconds in. I don't know the song or anything and I know you're a huge Gilbert fan so if you could help a brotha out that'd be awesome. :kickass:

That's the title track from GOOMY (get out of my yard), it's played on 3 strings all tuned to E in different octaves.

I'm thinking of going for the stars (Bk, gold hardware, no bevels). I'd go for the Stars, but the black hardware IS nice :lol:. Probably easier to get the rr24 as well.

It took me a couple of days to get it :p The rr24 then...damn good i must say but i do wonder if theres any of those limited editions left? I was pretty amazed even i got one so...And if its about a gain boost the emg 81 kinda like 'makes up' for the lack of gainboost so then it gets EEEVEN harder :D