Guitar Player's Thread

About equal in terms of speed i guess, but Paul didn't know that much theory until he went to college. That was in 1985, making Paul 18, and Yngwie 21.

I'd be up for a jam aswell, now that i can record properly!

I know there are about 1 million Yngwie parodies, but i can't stop laughing at this one :lol:

omg that was great.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did change my picking technique some days ago, to the exact one PG uses, and i'm "recovering" my abilities still :lol: So if the Jam is soon, it won't sound that good yet.

[youtube]XmAPIxji7M4&NR=1[/youtube]
O...k... fretless guitar. looks like you don't need whammy bar when its
fretless you can achieve the same results
(yes this guitar has whammy but he doesn't use it in this performance)

tf you talking about man?!?! THERE IS A FUCKING JAM IN THE WORKS

Are you running it, then? If so, then I suppose I'll join.

ruins said:
so why wont you do something about it too?

Unfortunately, it's not down to just one person. Everyone says they'll play, noone records a fucking thing because they're "busy". Even I've used that excuse but I'm sure we all still play during school, work, exams, study etc. If people know they have that stuff in the way, then they shouldn't say they'll do it.

Maybe just choosing a track that's already made up would be better. I think the idea to solo over the Technical Difficulties solo would be awesome.

Unfortunately, it's not down to just one person. Everyone says they'll play, noone records a fucking thing because they're "busy". Even I've used that excuse but I'm sure we all still play during school, work, exams, study etc. If people know they have that stuff in the way, then they shouldn't say they'll do it.

Maybe just choosing a track that's already made up would be better. I think the idea to solo over the Technical Difficulties solo would be awesome.

Yeah, that's a great one.

[youtube]XmAPIxji7M4&NR=1[/youtube]
O...k... fretless guitar. looks like you don't need whammy bar when its
fretless you can achieve the same results
(yes this guitar has whammy but he doesn't use it in this performance)

you dont need a whammy for a fretless you just have to draw the notes out by sliding up to them and using tons of vibrato and shit. i played one for a couple of hours once

You mean '"Comfortably Numb" backing track :lol:. I would record something but I have no way of recording directly into the computer other than my line6 rifftracker. I have no money at the moment to buy a speaker cabinet, mic or even a sound card adapter (however much that is).

I also figured out what was the problem with my ADA mp1. ALL the outlets in my house do not produce enough power needed to start it. So direct recording from a preamp is out of the question also :erk:

I don't know what the problem is with your house's power but you could buy a step up power converter. It'd take what you've got and kinda just double it so there's enough to boot up the MP-1.

I'm using a step DOWN converter for mine because our UK power supplies are double the power of US sockets. Also, the US plug is'nt compatible with ours so I needed something like that to get it to fit.

I don't know what the problem is with your house's power but you could buy a step up power converter. It'd take what you've got and kinda just double it so there's enough to boot up the MP-1.

I'm using a step DOWN converter for mine because our UK power supplies are double the power of US sockets. Also, the US plug is'nt compatible with ours so I needed something like that to get it to fit.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Not sure how much a step up power converter cost but I'm VERY low on money. I quit my part time job to focus on my studies so no more luxury items for me. I'll check it out though.

Which is approximately $30 US? Than I'm fucking getting it! My question is if it overloads the power supply and/or ruins my gear. I wouldn't believe a step down transformer would but maybe with a step up transformer.

I doubt it otherwise they wouldn't make them.

Just check the power requirements of the unit and then compare with that of your house's supply.

I doubt it otherwise they wouldn't make them.

Just check the power requirements of the unit and then compare with that of your house's supply.

Well I don't have a volt meter to measure :lol: The are many different types of transformers so I almost have to find a way to determine which one is appropriate. I'm so FRUSTRATED! :mad: