Guitar Player's Thread

just curious. my amp has a direct out feature which i've never even figured out how to use. its a bigass plug, not your standard guitar cable. apparently it bypasses the power amp and just gives me the preamp signal. so supposing i hooked it up to the comp, would I want to go usb? and/or need to switch the sound card out, buy a recording program (acid or whatnot) etc?

Bigass plug? Im thinking XLR here, but its just an assumption. At any rate, switching out soundcard may or may not be important, depending on what you have. I went from a Creative Soundblaster card from last millennium to a half-pro M-Audio 2496 or something studio soundcard. Be prepared for some major bitching around with settings if you're a newbie at it(like i was). Thing is that you will notice a GREAT improvement in sound quality.

As for USB im not sure what you mean, do you mean an XLR(or whatever that bigassplug thing is) To USB cable? I dont think those exist, if thats what you mean. i think you'll have to go for an XLR to Jack, and then jack to minijack, if you have a normal soundcard. If you get a studio soundcard like me, you can get a XLR to Phono cable instead, it will save some of the signal quality.

Oh and a tip, when recording, put the amp and guitar as far away from the comp you get, it makes a hell of a noise.

Does anyone know a reliable shop that sell Edwards Scythe's to the UK? I have a new job and I'm saveing up for my second guitar i'll be using in my band. I'm either going to buy the Scythe or spend save up some more cash and get the ESP RV

definately. umm, I think you should handle this one War, because I don't even know how to organize these things :lol:

You're right, I think Mitch should organize this other forum-jam too cuz, ya know, he's fu**ing amazingly awesome. :)
But you guys don't stress him out too much, aye? He has to work every day, and if he gets too tired he'll start swearing at everyone for free!!:mad::)p)

Anyway, as a listener, I can't wait to see -or better, hear- this other thing realized once more... the first forum-jam was nice, so I think that there are good chances that this second one may be cool again.
I'm really curious. :)

Alright. First order of business is to find a backing track that will suit everyone's liking. In addition, the backing track will have to be cut to just the break before the solo section and the solo section (Starts at 1:40 if you have the song).

So yeah, i just recovered from a 2 month injury of my left hand having sprained fingers. It was horrible, i gotta be more careful when i try to play Cannibal Corpse faster than the original speed.

lol not as much as anal cunt hahaha this thing is so funny if u never heard about it take a look at their songs name :lol: