Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, I like the one you posted alot too! I just don't like those Monson ones.. They look too gr1m for me. :err:

yeah, i see what you mean. those shapes are a bit extreme, and most of 'em are pretty ugly.

Also, the 7 string Kelly made me hard.

Ok, so I have a serious question...maybe it's a silly question, but i don't care, i'm gonna ask anyway....So do you guys really get hard ons when you see a guitar that you love? cuz i know there are some really serious players out there and guitars are their life....so when they see a really gorgeous guitar with all the specs they love, do they really get hard ons? I'm pretty sure it's possible for a guitar to actually turn you on that much, right?

Ok, so I have a serious question...maybe it's a silly question, but i don't care, i'm gonna ask anyway....So do you guys really get hard ons when you see a guitar that you love? cuz i know there are some really serious players out there and guitars are their life....so when they see a really gorgeous guitar with all the specs they love, do they really get hard ons? I'm pretty sure it's possible for a guitar to actually turn you on that much, right?

I've never actually got one, but i'm sure some people have :lol:

I think it's comparable with anything beautiful you see, a painting, clothes and so on. But i think it stimulates a different area in your brain, that doesn't contribute to your sexual arousing. I could be wrong though, do you get wet when you see a guitar?

I've never actually got one, but i'm sure some people have :lol:

I think it's comparable with anything beautiful you see, a painting, clothes and so on. But i think it stimulates a different area in your brain, that doesn't contribute to your sexual arousing. I could be wrong though, do you get wet when you see a guitar?

That's true....anything beautiful you see can make you feel really good. but i think material things wouldn't really get you sexually aroused the way an attractive person would. as for me, no that's never happened :lol:. but sometimes just touching the neck of my xiphos makes me feel like, "daaaamn, i absolutely love touching this thing. it feels so good!" hahaha sorry, if that seems weird but whatever,i love the feel of it's neck and i'm just being honest. I also kiss my guitar before sleeping, hehe.

That's true....anything beautiful you see can make you feel really good. but i think material things wouldn't really get you sexually aroused the way an attractive person would. as for me, no that's never happened :lol:. but sometimes just touching the neck of my xiphos makes me feel like, "daaaamn, i absolutely love touching this thing. it feels so good!" hahaha sorry, if that seems weird but whatever,i love the feel of it's neck and i'm just being honest. I also kiss my guitar before sleeping, hehe.

I think PG's hands are teh secks, seriously. That was one of the reasons i had to change to his picking technique (mainly for the sound though)

yeah, his fingers are bloody amazing. they're so long and thin, just perfect for guitar.

What really matters for long stretches isn't necessarily the lenght of the fingers, but rather how much "web" you have between them. Liszt is well known for this, his fingers were quite long, but nothing out of the ordinary, but he had close to no tissue between the fingers, yielding long stretches. I think Paul is very much alike.

i think its more to do with having strength at extremes. its like the same principle of why being flexible makes you "stronger." it just means you can exert the same amount of force at the beginning as well as the end of a motion, with the same amount of strain etc. for anyone who's lifted weights, thats why you don't lift "halfway" up or something, because you're only strengthening half of your range

but its realllllyyy easy to fuck up your fingers by forcing them to stretch too far. i knew a guy who really can't play guitar anymore cause he just kept over-stretching and straining his fourth-pinky stretch.

i think its more to do with having strength at extremes. its like the same principle of why being flexible makes you "stronger." it just means you can exert the same amount of force at the beginning as well as the end of a motion, with the same amount of strain etc. for anyone who's lifted weights, thats why you don't lift "halfway" up or something, because you're only strengthening half of your range

but its realllllyyy easy to fuck up your fingers by forcing them to stretch too far. i knew a guy who really can't play guitar anymore cause he just kept over-stretching and straining his fourth-pinky stretch.

That aswell. But that's just knowing about the principles of correct practice, always warm up if you're going to do extreme strecthes.

I actually tried to see how i could stretch. With my index on the 3d fret i can play controlled with the pinky on the 8th fret, but i can reach to the 9th fret, but i don't have the strenght to really play like that, as you said.

That aswell. But that's just knowing about the principles of correct practice, always warm up if you're going to do extreme strecthes.

I actually tried to see how i could stretch. With my index on the 3d fret i can play controlled with the pinky on the 8th fret, but i can reach to the 9th fret, but i don't have the strenght to really play like that, as you said.
I can reach 3-9 max, but very uncomfortably. Thats like my finger tips right near the 3rd fret bar and the right side of the 8th fret bar. There's no way I could play anything like that comfortably lol, I can barely play 3-7 comfortable. Damn you monster hand people :(

This is pretty boner inspiring imo. Gold binding around the body? Yes please ^^

000047.jpg

That's pretty hot, and i'm not particularly a Strat shape fan. What the hell is going on with the inlays though? :lol: Btw have you decided on a non flloyd guitar yet?

I'm really considering getting a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. But I need some more money first as I quit my job recently :lol: :erk:

Yeah, and the manager was a complete arsehole :lol: He attempted to not pay me the extra wages for my overtime, so I was like "fuck that then, I quit" :rofl: