Guitar Player's Thread

Hm, for that, is it needed to learn theory? I mean, some, just learn the fretboard by ear and know what to play, without knowing what they are playing. Of course, I want to learn theory, it interests very much. Should I learn on my own, or follow under someone's guidance?

Sadly, jazz improvisation requires hard work, dedication and a lot of practice. I want to focus more on rock guitar, but I recently bought a jazz-guitar-book. We'll see what time brings.

I hope Mitch hurries a bit, it's 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm just waiting for that jam-thing :lol:

EDIT: @Squeee: In my opinion, a teacher is absolutely necessary to learn jazz-improvisation. And it absolutely doesn't work without really MUCH knowledge of theory.

Nearly done.

It's hard to make it sound good 'cause of the amount of different recording qualities. Conti's tone is quite "dull" so when I turn it up, it makes it louder but then it sounds too loud. It's hard to find a middle ground. Might sound silly but yeah, gay.

jmbullets' was really loud and mystiques was really quiet, that also takes a bit of time to listen to the whole thing over and over and compare volumes.

Btw, I hate my solo so much.

Well that's what you get for me being a perfectionist...it has to sound like it's being sent to a record company!!!!

I think I'll finish it up now.

Not rushing you or anything, but just wondering if you have fallen asleep or something, Mitch? :ill:

COB-OT FORUM JAM #2

† Download Here †

Setlist:

• Conti [00:01-00:46]
• jmbullet [00:46-01:31]
• inhe [01:31-02:18]
• Earth Breather [02:17-03:02]
• Mystique [03:02-03:47]
• Corny [03:47-04:32]
• HomerJ_123 [04:32-05:17]
&#8226; <-Warheart-> [05:17-06:22]

Thanks to all that took part. Enjoy. :kickass:

COB-OT FORUM JAM #2

† Download Here †

Setlist:

• Conti [00:01-00:46]
• jmbullet [00:46-01:31]
• inhe [01:31-02:18]
• Earth Breather [02:17-03:02]
• Mystique [03:02-03:47]
• Corny [03:47-04:32]
• HomerJ_123 [04:32-05:17]
• <-Warheart-> [05:17-06:22]

Thanks to all that took part. Enjoy. :kickass:

Good, because i was falling asleep! Going to listen to it now!

Yep, thanks for taking the time to do this, turned out pretty good in quality even though it must be pretty hard to mix it together. Awesome on the recordings aswell!

(I got scared by your sweep intro Earth Breather, i didn't expect it at all :lol: )

haha damn my Solo is out of synch like WHOA
I clearly don't understand how latency works. I recorded this without restarting my computer through the line in so that's why it's like that : (. I thought latency only made tracks mismatch when you record directly ontop of eachother but I guess it messes up the track as well. : X (you can tell i'm not making it up because it's more or less alined at the start)

other then that it was awesome!