Guitar Player's Thread

haha damn my Solo is out of synch like WHOA
I clearly don't understand how latency works. I recorded this without restarting my computer through the line in so that's why it's like that : (. I thought latency only made tracks mismatch when you record directly ontop of eachother but I guess it messes up the track as well. : X

Alot of them seemed that way. It's like, if I were to line up the 4 click intro to the backing track perfectly, your solo would start wrong and be out of time, whereas if I lined up the solo perfectly, then 4 click intro was out of time...so I basically just had to go with how I thought it was intended. Mystique's solo was the same.

I apologise if it's not how you wanted it but it honestly sounds fine to me.

Alot of them seemed that way. It's like, if I were to line up the 4 click intro to the backing track perfectly, your solo would start wrong and be out of time, whereas if I lined up the solo perfectly, then 4 click intro was out of time...so I basically just had to go with how I thought it was intended. Mystique's solo was the same.

I apologise if it's not how you wanted it but it honestly sounds fine to me.

no dude it's the recording. You see, it starts out on time and slowly gets faster. Now I know that is how things record on my computer if I don't restart it. I always just thought it was moved to the sie or something. :X

COB-OT FORUM JAM #2

† Download Here †

Setlist:

• Conti [00:01-00:46]
• jmbullet [00:46-01:31]
• inhe [01:31-02:18]
• Earth Breather [02:17-03:02]
• Mystique [03:02-03:47]
• Corny [03:47-04:32]
• HomerJ_123 [04:32-05:17]
• <-Warheart-> [05:17-06:22]

Thanks to all that took part. Enjoy. :kickass:

Cool Stuff! Not trying to be mean but some of those tones were unbearable :lol: I'm dying to record something for an upcoming jam! All I really need is a mic and a sound card adapter? How does the microphone go into the computer's sound card? Sorry for the n00b question, but can someone explain the process?

Good job everyone.

and Iam not trying to sound harsh or whatever and I am in no position to judge poeple but a lot of you guys were trying stuff way above you. It would sound better just like Mitch always says with a nice melody.

i agree with that

its better to play a nice melody and nail it, and people think its nice

than play fast and fuck up, and people think its shit

Cool Stuff! Not trying to be mean but some of those tones were unbearable :lol: I'm dying to record something for an upcoming jam! All I really need is a mic and a sound card adapter, right? How does the microphone go into the computer's sound card? Sorry for the n00b question, but can someone explain the process?

Good job everyone.

Anyone? (probably because it was the last post of the page)

Anyone? (probably because it was the last post of the page)

You just plug whatever you have into your computer through the line in port.

If you're micing up, you'll need to stick an adaptor on the end of the mic so it'll fit in the line in thing. If you have an effects pedal, you can put a cable from the "output" of that straight into the computer but again, you'll need an adaptor to decrease the size of the jack.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wb5rex/xtalman/big2smladap.JPG

If you're micing up, you'll need to stick an adaptor on the end of the mic so it'll fit in the line in thing. If you have an effects pedal, you can put a cable from the "output" of that straight into the computer but again, you'll need an adaptor to decrease the size of the jack.

if you use the latter make sure to restart your computer before you record.

Sounds simple enough. I prefer the mic'd sound but directly through effects seems less of a hassle. Maybe I could persuade my buddy to let my use his GNX4 (very unlikely :lol:)

and Iam not trying to sound harsh or whatever and I am in no position to judge poeple but a lot of you guys were trying stuff way above you. It would sound better just like Mitch always says with a nice melody.

lol, I will take this advice, though im only 15, let me grow. :rolleyes:

PS: Thanks Conti!