Guitar Player's Thread

yeah, I know exactly who you're talking about in this comment :lol: I can't help it though. I have no pedals or efffect thingys. Just my amp and the mic. I didn't even use any of the effects in Cool Edit Pro :erk:
I suggest that you try out some VST-Plugins. For example the simulations of the JCM 900 and the Tubescreamer by Simulanalog. They are part of the "Guitarsuite" and they are freeware http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

Of course the soundcard is an important factor, too, but these plugins should bring you further.

Hey! I'm so glad to see that you're back. I can't wait to hear your solo, cuz I remember that last one you did for the Blues in G bt was freakin awesome.
Thanks, but you'll be disappointed that time (at least I am). I won't whine but I will gather my power for the next jam :heh:

btw, the beginning melody of your solo was really cool and reminded me of a tarantino-movie (I don't know why:confused:)

btw, the beginning melody of your solo was really cool and reminded me of a tarantino-movie (I don't know why:confused:)

lol, maybe cuz I watch his movies too much. But I never thought of them as I wrote the solo.....

And regarding the jam:
Nice job everyone!

But after giving it a 2nd listen, I agree with Corny's comment about the backing track being a little boring, at least it's boring to repeat it for a long time. But most of the solos were nice. jmbullet- I really liked some of your melodies. Conti- great playing (and the fact that you're only 16 now, leads me to think you're gonna be an awesome player in a few years). btw, were you using the neck pick-up? inhe, nice harmonies :) And Mitch, stop being so modest! you played very well and you have great tone, but maybe that's due to your playing abilities as well. and the last part of your solo fit very well with the bt. Oh and Corny-- I love the beginning of your solo. especially from 3:50 to 3:58. And now listening to it again, my solo/melody sounded really out of place compared to your guys' :ill: oh wellz.

Conti- great playing (and the fact that you're only 16 now, leads me to think you're gonna be an awesome player in a few years)

lol, battle of the young guns, eh?

btw Mystique, I loved your melodies, with some practice they could become very badass, and im not just saying that. Very nice for your level.

lol, battle of the young guns, eh?

btw Mystique, I loved your melodies, with some practice they could become very badass, and im not just saying that. Very nice for your level.

really? the more I listen to it, the more I hate it. But thank you nonetheless. and yeah...let the battle begin :heh: although you're 15 right? so you have an year advantage :p

maybe not if you guys started playing at the same time. but even if that's the case, you could be a better player than him at a younger age. that's what I meant.

Age doesn't mean much really. There are alot of people who have started late. It's all how much dedication and practice you put into it.

Age doesn't mean much really. There are alot of people who have started late. It's all how much dedication and practice you put into it.

2142342314 so true.

i mean like roope started at like 14 or somethign? and alexi at 11? muhammed suicmez's father BURNED his guitar at 15.

2142342314 so true.

i mean like roope started at like 14 or somethign? and alexi at 11? muhammed suicmez's father BURNED his guitar at 15.

Michael Romeo started serious practicing at 18. Then there are some people who have played for 30 years and can't play for shit.

Judge someone for their playing instead.

Providing I had the money, I'd only get it for the AdrianSmithness I think it's a pretty boring guitar aesthetically, probably sounds awesome though.